2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by Mori Chu »

So glad we got rid of Bledsoe. Seeing him suck it up on the Bucks is a real reminder that he was not the one. What a low ceiling we would have had if we had committed big money to him as our starting PG for years to come.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:55 pm
Bledsoe is fine if he sticks to his role...taking big shots should not be part of that. Middleton only had 6 points last night...don’t imagine that will happen again.

Simmons suggested starting Hill, Brogdon, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez. Only use Bledsoe and Connaughton off the bench...and just to give short breaks. Said Giannis should play all 48.
Connaughton has been really good for them all playoffs long. I think he should get more of Bledsoe's minutes.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wow, Bledsoe is awful right now...everyone else is on fire though, so bucks are fine. I’ve tried to defend Bledsoe a bit on here, because he did play well for them this year(all defensive team) but he’s just ugly on offense right now. Milwaukee might be regretting that extension

carey

Post by carey »

Raps going to the finals huh? Anyone giving them a punchers chance?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

When they turn it on, their defense is impressive. They had stretches against Milwaukee and philly where they just locked them down. GS presents a different challenge though with all the elite shooting they have. I’m gonna say warriors in 5

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Maybe I'm imagining all of this, but even in the midst of all this playoff success, Kawhi still seems like he has his bags packed.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

There's no way he's staying in Toronto.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I can't believe Barkley said Kawhi is a drama-free superstar. And none of the other guys called him on it.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Congrats to the Raptors. I thought Giannis would go into superhero mode and will the Bucks to a Game 7, but maybe he isn't ready to do that yet. The Raps have a nice team, but I just don't see any way that they'll be a serious challenge to the Warriors. I think this is a five-game Finals with the Raps winning one game in Toronto between Games 3-4.

And I do think Kawhi leaves. Not sure why he'd rather play for a mediocre Western team than go to the Finals in the East every year, but whatever.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Congrats to Toronto and their fans for their first ever NBA Finals appearance.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Go, Canada!

carey

2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:I think this is a five-game Finals with the Raps winning one game in Toronto between Games 3-4.
Raps have home court.
INFORMER wrote:I can't believe Barkley said Kawhi is a drama-free superstar. And none of the other guys called him on it.
It's because he's quiet. That means nothing though. His uncle causes all the drama on his behalf.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:17 pm
INFORMER wrote:I can't believe Barkley said Kawhi is a drama-free superstar. And none of the other guys called him on it.
It's because he's quiet. That means nothing though. His uncle causes all the drama on his behalf.
It's always the quiet ones.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:55 pm
When they turn it on, their defense is impressive. They had stretches against Milwaukee and philly where they just locked them down. GS presents a different challenge though with all the elite shooting they have. I’m gonna say warriors in 5
Did you see FVV denying Giannis his way to the rim? Amazing.

I believe these Raps are more than a 4-1 team vs W's without KD at 100%. Kawhi rules. Siakam. Lowry is clicking. Their crew is just right (Danny Green though). Marc is going to be capital.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I feel for the League, though. The Freak is coming back next year with a vengeance and is totally gonna learn how to shoot.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I feel for the League, though. The Freak is coming back next year with a vengeance and is totally gonna learn how to shoot.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with contracts. They have to resign Middleton. They probably don't make it past Boston without Hill showing up. Then of course there is our own interest in Brogdon and decisions on their big shooters, Lopez and Mirotic.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:11 am
Split T wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:55 pm
Did you see FVV denying Giannis his way to the rim? Amazing.

I believe these Raps are more than a 4-1 team vs W's without KD at 100%. Kawhi rules. Siakam. Lowry is clicking. Their crew is just right (Danny Green though). Marc is going to be capital.
I hope so...if they play the whole series like they did these last 4 games, they just might make it a series.

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone annoyed the finals doesn't start until Thursday?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:17 am
Not really. I'm glad the Raps have at least a little time to rest up.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 am
carey wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:17 am
Not really. I'm glad the Raps have at least a little time to rest up.
Yea I figured they would start on Tuesday but glad the Raps are getting some rest since the Ws have been waiting around.