Suns Trade For Beal!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns Trade For Beal!

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:58 pm
CP3 is just bitter, you know how he is. Isiah is not a shadow gm. Book and KD recruit and they have the backing owner. Don’t go jumping off bridges.
We already did that in the KD trade...
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:41 pm
Paul loves Paul first and foremost, anything he says should probably be taken with a grain of salt on the way out.
As he should. I'm fine with him wanting to get that money. That's not pocket change even for someone who's made hundreds of millions.

I'm also fine with being blunt about him not worth nearly that salary and the Suns best option is to move on.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:20 pm

Guess the thinking is that it'd be easier to trade DA for pieces later if needed? Or it's posturing to make DA feel more wanted by the Suns? Or proves his value to other teams?
If they want to do a separate trade, I'd send them DA for some package that includes 2 of Deni, Gafford, Kispert, Kuz (opted in) and either Morris or Wright. (unless we've got some better options out there)
Last edited by Shabazz on Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If he not part of the org in an official capacity, it wouldn't make sense for him to be in the room. Doesn't mean he's not advising Ishbia/speaking to him on a regular basis.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:50 pm
ShelC wrote:

Guess the thinking is that it'd be easier to trade DA for pieces later if needed? Or it's posturing to make DA feel more wanted by the Suns? Or proves his value to other teams?
If they want to do a separate trade, I'd send them DA for some package that includes 2 of Deni, Gafford, Kispert, Avdija, Kuz (opted in) and either Morris or Wright. (unless we've got some better options out there)
Not sure adding half the Wizards roster is the best way to make your team better.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I mean.. the Wiz would've been a lot better with Booker and KD last season.

They have some pretty good role players.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This exact point has been driving me crazy the last couple of weeks. Aren't these people paid to watch basketball?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:02 pm
If he not part of the org in an official capacity, it wouldn't make sense for him to be in the room. Doesn't mean he's not advising Ishbia/speaking to him on a regular basis.
Puppetmaster Isiah pulling the strings and advising Ishbia over KD, Booker, and JJ to obtain a top SG in the NBA for next to nothing.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Maybe it worked out this time, maybe it cost us with the KD trade and those negotiations. Maybe it'll cost us in the future if JJ is more informed with the cap situation and waiting things out while Isiah is saying, "Don't worry about all that Matt, just pull the trigger."

That's how he ran things in NY and where there's smoke there's fire. Especially with him.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:50 pm
ShelC wrote:

If they want to do a separate trade, I'd send them DA for some package that includes 2 of Deni, Gafford, Kispert, Kuz (opted in) and either Morris or Wright. (unless we've got some better options out there)
Think you can get Deni or you can get Avdija, but hard to get two of those.

Jokes aside, I’ve had a lot of scenarios in my head where we send out DA and get back 3 or so useful players on another roster. I’m just not sure the other teams value him as such.

Mark Williams PJ Washington Rozier? I’ll stop. I think whatever proposal I put out will be unrealistic because I’m just a bit of a homer.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:52 pm
Maybe it worked out this time, maybe it cost us with the KD trade and those negotiations. Maybe it'll cost us in the future if JJ is more informed with the cap situation and waiting things out while Isiah is saying, "Don't worry about all that Matt, just pull the trigger."

That's how he ran things in NY and where there's smoke there's fire. Especially with him.
Look I hate Isiah too as a gm. But you’re looking for confirmation of a worst case fear. CP3 has all the smoke, he just got dropped by KD and Book. Put the razor away man.
So long as Beal balls out, hits 40% of his 3s and scores 20ppg+ there will be a market for him. Same probably for KD. There are going to be a ton of open shots to be had. We have never had more talent on this roster than now. If Ishbia can win the next trade with Ayton and we sign a legit veteran or two, we’re looking at WCF matchup with Denver.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Woj says the Wizards may keep Chris Paul as their point guard this season. No wonder he was so bitter hahahaha.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:00 pm
Woj says the Wizards may keep Chris Paul as their point guard this season. No wonder he was so bitter hahahaha.
I'll bet anyone anything that Chris Paul doesn't play a single game for the Wizards.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:37 pm
Didn’t listen but reading on twitter, it seems Gambo was saying Chris Paul wasn’t interested in getting waived and coming back on the minimum, wanted to stay but at his 30 million salary fully guaranteed.
Wow, he wanted to make $30m rather than stay here for $1.5m? What a selfish asshole.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:46 am
Wally_West wrote:
Didn’t listen but reading on twitter, it seems Gambo was saying Chris Paul wasn’t interested in getting waived and coming back on the minimum, wanted to stay but at his 30 million salary fully guaranteed.
Wow, he wanted to make $30m rather than stay here for $1.5m? What a selfish asshole.
Yeah, I don't think it's selfish of him to want his $30m guaranteed but he shouldn't be bitter at the Suns for moving him because they no longer felt his performance on the court warranted paying him that salary.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
16.5 million

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Paul sounds biter. Nobody is saying he's selfish but the fact he's acting like he was blindsided is very hard to believe. Knew this was a possibility.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”