NBA Finals discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: NBA Finals discussion

Post by In2ition »

I can't believe Skip Bayless is trying to sell us that Kyrie Irving was the MVP. One of his biggest arguments was that Kyrie hit the biggest shot, and he said that's his criteria. Would he have given the MVP to Paxton against the Suns? Or Kerr in another series instead of Jordan? How about Horry?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

sose

Post by sose »

Skip Bayless would bet the don't come line at the blackjack table just to stir controversy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

That guy clearly doesn't believe what he says, he just says things to get attention (same thing sose just said). It is so pathetic.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I cant believe people still watch/listen to that guy. He's a blowhard.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

sose, you sly fox. Welcome back!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:I can't believe Skip Bayless is trying to sell us that Kyrie Irving was the MVP. One of his biggest arguments was that Kyrie hit the biggest shot, and he said that's his criteria. Would he have given the MVP to Paxton against the Suns? Or Kerr in another series instead of Jordan? How about Horry?
This was a little different from those examples because Kyrie created his own shot.

But still, LeBron earned it. And his transition block down the stretch was almost as big an individual play as Kyrie's shot.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

http://warriors.247sports.com/Bolt/Cavs ... d-45892821

And that block was ridiculous. He almost hit his head on the bottom of the backboard AS HE WAS COMING DOWN.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:I can't believe Skip Bayless is trying to sell us that Kyrie Irving was the MVP. One of his biggest arguments was that Kyrie hit the biggest shot, and he said that's his criteria. Would he have given the MVP to Paxton against the Suns? Or Kerr in another series instead of Jordan? How about Horry?
This was a little different from those examples because Kyrie created his own shot.

But still, LeBron earned it. And his transition block down the stretch was almost as big an individual play as Kyrie's shot.
And wasn't that his 3rd of the game? To me, his defense is what let them win that game, much more than Kyrie's offense.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Lebron is a beast. That block was huge. He's in the top 5 of all time discussion now.

But I doubt the W's don't score the last minute if Gentry was still with them.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Two observations:

I crushed Tritian Thompson's contract on the off-season. He's a Rich Paul guy so it is easy to crush it. But he was huge in this series. His defense on Steph allowed
Lue to keep him on the floor because he wasn't a liability in P&R's. That was 1 of the main reasons Cleveland won. Because his ability to cover Curry in the perimeter and Ezeil and Vareajos lack of, it forced Kerr to play small ball while Thompson banged the boards or forced him to try and match up which Cleveland exploited. Props to Thompson.

Draymond Green was a beast last night. He showed up in spades for the W's in all phases. I also like the fact that he stuck around after they lost to offer congrats. It's a tough time and some W's players left the court but he wasn't one of them (Steph stuck around too).

Ultimately I'd say the top 5 reasons Cleveland won this series was...

1. Lebron going GOAT the last 3 games
2. Kyrie outplaying Curry in every game/Curry becoming a major liability on D toward the end of the series.
3. The Ability of Thompson to not be a liability when the Warriors went small, thus giving Cleveland an advantage on the glass and forcing Kerr into a bad decision in a crucial time.
4. Steve Kerr's questionable coaching decisions (why not more Livingston? Why force that big man lineup at the end? Stuck with Barnes to long)
5. The Draymond Suspension in Game 5
Good post, lots of good points. I agree with basically all of that. Lot of things the Ws could have done better. Maybe Kerr will learn and grow as a coach from a tough loss like this. Some of the Warriors players also need to learn from what happened here. They are not invincible.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Wally_West wrote:

https://twitter.com/espn/status/744752899650093057

Yet, Skip Bayless didn't think Lebron deserved Finals MVP. Yeah, I watched First Take this morning.
Last edited by Uncle_Gene on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Furlanfufi wrote:Lebron is a beast. That block was huge. He's in the top 5 of all time discussion now.

Gentry was the assistant coach. You think he would've orchestrated something different ?
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Furlanfufi

Re: RE: Re: NBA Finals discussion

Post by Furlanfufi »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:Lebron is a beast. That block was huge. He's in the top 5 of all time discussion now.

Gentry was the assistant coach. You think he would've orchestrated something different ?
Yes, I do.
Lots of hero ball late in the 4th. They can't expect to shoot contested 3s and win everytime.

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't watch Skip Bayless but I heard on the radio that he hates LeBron. That would explain him choosing Irving for MVP.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bayless has built his entire career out of hating LeBron. That alone disqualifies him from saying anything remotely trustworthy or accurate.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.