Game Day: Suns (0-0) @ Warriors (0-0), Tues 10/24/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Game Day: Suns (0-0) @ Warriors (0-0), Tues 10/24/23

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:57 am
It's just one game. But it was troubling to see KD struggle so mightily. I do worry about his offseason regimen and whether he really takes care of his body. He's so wiry thin and doesn't look like he really puts in time in the gym in the summer. Oh well, it is what it is.
Meh. He also played very poorly his debut game at home with the Suns. I think he just struggles in certain first time experiences with nerves. He found plenty of other ways to contribute even through his struggles.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Gentle reminder

We haven't lost in the regular season since the acquisition
(8-0) last year

I have my moment too when I'm puzzled but it's more shot selection. I can't get on board with the washed thing but obviously he has set a high bar his career.

Even in the Playoffs where he didn't play to his standards I think he avg 28 n 9. So I still believe he's elite and it cannot be understated that defenses still scheme for him as the All Time Great he is which has had a positive impact on Book's production

Twin will always be my boys and even with their growth, defenses not hugging them weakside like with KD and giving Book so much room to operate.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:25 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:57 am
It's just one game. But it was troubling to see KD struggle so mightily. I do worry about his offseason regimen and whether he really takes care of his body. He's so wiry thin and doesn't look like he really puts in time in the gym in the summer. Oh well, it is what it is.
Meh. He also played very poorly his debut game at home with the Suns. I think he just struggles in certain first time experiences with nerves. He found plenty of other ways to contribute even through his struggles.
Agreed he found other ways to contribute.
I don’t think his struggle was necessarily just his shot just not falling. He was well defended in a new, shorthanded offense. That he couldn’t just hero ball last night doesn’t mean he played bad or has taken a step back.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Durant hasn’t lost a regular season game since January 4! :D

11-0 since. :|

Averaging better than a game a month.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

We've analyzed Booker and Durant and how they and all the new guys in their first game as a Suns played but what about coach Vogel? This was his first regular season game with the team. I think he did pretty well and kept things under control except in that 3rd quarter and even then he made some changes and stopped most of the bleeding by the quarter's end. I can't remember for sure how he was on calling timeouts but I seem to remember they were appropriately timed. There were some nice plays coming out of timeouts too. Basically I don't remember much about the coaching but maybe that's a good thing. I remember so many times thinking why didn't Monty call a timeout or play that lineup or any of a number of things that annoyed me while Vogel seemed to be quietly running things in the background.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I liked how a couple of times, when the Warriors were starting to get hot, Coach Vogel CALLED A TIMEOUT and let us settle and draw up a play. It's a little thing, but it can be really important. I also thought the rotations were mostly good, though I'm sure he'll tweak those as the season goes on.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:40 pm
I liked how a couple of times, when the Warriors were starting to get hot, Coach Vogel CALLED A TIMEOUT and let us settle and draw up a play. It's a little thing, but it can be really important. I also thought the rotations were mostly good, though I'm sure he'll tweak those as the season goes on.
“Fuck you, Mori!” — Keita Bates-Diop and Chimezie Metu

“Yeah, they kinda have a point.” — Nassir Little

(Damn it, autocorrect, stop trying to make him “Chinese Metu”!)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I do wish Metu had gotten some minutes. But we can't play everybody.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:24 pm
Yeah, I do wish Metu had gotten some minutes. But we can't play everybody.
You can play some of the people some of the time but you can’t play all of the people all of the time.

-P.T. Barnum
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Playing Time Barnum