NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Post by In2ition »

I started to think last night, although Dunn might end up being an excellent player in the future, the Suns might be better off trading the 4th and 13th picks for picks in the future(especially next year unprotected) and just use the 28th and 34th this year, if Bender doesn't fall to 4. Next year's draft should have better almost everything. Let them take fliers on guys like Maker and Zhou Qi at 28th and 34th.

I like a few of these guys, like Valentine, Sabonis, Skal, Dunn, and others, but I don't see them as difference makers on this team right now.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Aztec Sunsfan

Re: RE: Re: NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I'm starting to like Juancho Hernangomez for us at 28 (if he's there). Reminds me a little of Casspi.
He's been my pick at 28 but I'm leaning towards the length of Diallo as a defender.
Is this an actual prospect's name?

If so, well, another name to the pot of this year, that makes you think they people refferring to them are joking or making things up.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
carey wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I'm starting to like Juancho Hernangomez for us at 28 (if he's there). Reminds me a little of Casspi.
He's been my pick at 28 but I'm leaning towards the length of Diallo as a defender.
Is this an actual prospect's name?

If so, well, another name to the pot of this year, that makes you think they people refferring to them are joking or making things up.
yes when I talk to people about the draft who are only now taking an interest in it, they frequently think im making these guys names up

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, smart kid.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:Wow, smart kid.
Probably be why he came off as arrogant to teams during interviews.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Most of these mocks are predicting we're taking either Bender or Jaylen Brown at 4 if we keep the pick:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... /84848568/

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Carey, your boy Melo Trimble is going back to school.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:Most of these mocks are predicting we're taking either Bender or Jaylen Brown at 4 if we keep the pick:

Is anyone a fan of jaylen brown? I feel like the most disappointing thing we could realistically do is draft brown. I'm usually pretty optimistic about a lot of prospects, but I'm struggling when it comes to brown.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm always a little skeptical of guys whose main skill seems to be driving to the basket at the college level. Being an aggressive offensive player is great and all, but the basket isn't nearly that open in the NBA. There's going to be a 7' center waiting or a nasty zone to cut you off.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I honestly didn't know anything about him but that article the TOO posted really impressed me about him personally. All I know about his basketball playing is what I saw in the video that accompanied the article.

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:Most of these mocks are predicting we're taking either Bender or Jaylen Brown at 4 if we keep the pick:

Is anyone a fan of jaylen brown? I feel like the most disappointing thing we could realistically do is draft brown. I'm usually pretty optimistic about a lot of prospects, but I'm struggling when it comes to brown.

Agreed. Also all his off court intellegence does mean jack to me if it doesn't translate to Bball Iq and we need more Bball Iq

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:Carey, your boy Melo Trimble is going back to school.
I saw that. Probably a good move for him. He'll likely play himself into the send half of the first round with another good year at Maryland. There are definitely things he needs to work on. I'm sure he's looking at Kris Dunn and thinking he can do that to his own draft-stock as well.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Danimal wrote:
Split T wrote:

Agreed. Also all his off court intellegence does mean jack to me if it doesn't translate to Bball Iq and we need more Bball Iq
This. By all accounts, BK is one very smart guy. Doesn't help on the court. Ideally you have a very high BB IQ as well as a smart guy. But I will take the BB IQ over intelligence.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I read the article and it's intriguing, although I am wondering, if school and how good the school was so important to him then why didn't he stay in school? I suppose the answer is that he's smart enough to know that he would be losing out on millions of dollars if he went back to school.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:I read the article and it's intriguing, although I am wondering, if school and how good the school was so important to him then why didn't he stay in school? I suppose the answer is that he's smart enough to know that he would be losing out on millions of dollars if he went back to school.
Right. And he already stated that he's going to eventually graduate. I guess a series of summer schools.

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

When are we going to be working out top prospects?

carey

Post by carey »

Danimal wrote:When are we going to be working out top prospects?
Closer to the draft if it goes like last year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Quick question:

Who do people want to completely avoid at 4 and 13? (who are currently being discussed in that range)

Brown for me is someone who I cannot get excited about at #4

carey

Post by carey »

Danimal wrote:Quick question:

Who do people want to completely avoid at 4 and 13? (who are currently being discussed in that range)

Brown for me is someone who I cannot get excited about at #4
Brown and Dunn a #4. Potel and Baldwin at #13.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!