Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by Superbone »

Scott Howard on fire:

https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/680101225375793152

https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/680124662672588801

https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/680168556957323265

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Dog bites you once, it's the dog's fault. Dog bites you twice...

I'm actually embarrassed by our coaches and FO.
“He felt badly about it,” McDonough said. “He realized he got a little emotional and the behavior wasn’t acceptable. Obviously, since we traded his brother over the summer, things haven’t gone the way we hoped they would go on or off the court but I’m not going to sit here and beat up Markieff Morris for a bad moment. I think he regrets it.”
How about we stop making excuses for this guy, who was supposed to be one of the core franchise players. And let's be honest, he's not Kevin Love, Andre Drummond or the like. And not that that would make his attitude or actions acceptable. But Kieff, like his brother, is a marginal player despite what some here might think. He can be left. Trade him, with Archie (who's slowly creeping up my s**t list), and get what you can. I don't care about value at this point. It sends a message and is addition by subtraction. Sometimes you can be too smart for your own good and I think McD is falling into this trap.
Last edited by ShelC on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I can't fault McDonough for trying to get value for his player. I'm quite sure he wants him gone as bad as we do. BTW, what did Archie do?

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

There's no getting value at this point. As soon as we traded his brother, he should have been next - Aldridge or no Aldridge. McD is trying to be pragmatic and rational and it's costing us the season, and probably a head coach now. Cut your losses and move on. This has been hanging over the organization since the summer and McD's just brushed it off hoping it would go away, that we'd be winning and it'd be fine. Marcus and Markieff are about themselves and we know this. The tweets, the trade demand, the rantings to the media...those weren't heat of the moment incidents.

And even now, no apology from Kieff to Hornacek and Hornacek "wouldn't count on" one. This isn't healthy working environment. This affects team chemistry and if you think the rest of the lockerroom isn't affected by this in some way, you're naive.

And people say don't trade now because we have no leverage and Markieff's trade value is rock bottom...they were saying that in the summer time after we traded Marcus. Then they were saying it after Kieff's trade demand later in the summer. They're saying it now. His trade value isn't getting any better. He won't all of a sudden be a 20-10 guy for us in the next two months. The longer he's on the team, the longer this festers and remains an issue.

Regarding Archie, maybe I'm way off, but I think he's still very immature and maybe needs a change of scenery. And with Booker, I'm fine including him to get Markieff out of here.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Not sure it's costing us a season, we weren't destined for anything but mediocrity. The worse we are, the better our chances in the lotto and Simmons. That is a good thing. If it costs us our jellyfish of a coach in the process, so be it. This is the 2nd personnel fiasco in as many seasons, we wont be getting any stars coming this way now, we look like the old shitty Clippers.

Cap

Post by Cap »

The way this franchise is run, don't be surprised if we give Hornacek a contract extension as a vote of confidence, then fire him anyway when that doesn't help, then sell a draft pick to raise the money to pay him not to coach, then spout a lot of ridiculous rationalizations about how all those decisions made sense at the time.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

ShelC wrote:There's no getting value at this point. As soon as we traded his brother, he should have been next - Aldridge or no Aldridge. McD is trying to be pragmatic and rational and it's costing us the season, and probably a head coach now. Cut your losses and move on. This has been hanging over the organization since the summer and McD's just brushed it off hoping it would go away, that we'd be winning and it'd be fine. Marcus and Markieff are about themselves and we know this. The tweets, the trade demand, the rantings to the media...those weren't heat of the moment incidents.

And even now, no apology from Kieff to Hornacek and Hornacek "wouldn't count on" one. This isn't healthy working environment. This affects team chemistry and if you think the rest of the lockerroom isn't affected by this in some way, you're naive.

And people say don't trade now because we have no leverage and Markieff's trade value is rock bottom...they were saying that in the summer time after we traded Marcus. Then they were saying it after Kieff's trade demand later in the summer. They're saying it now. His trade value isn't getting any better. He won't all of a sudden be a 20-10 guy for us in the next two months. The longer he's on the team, the longer this festers and remains an issue.

Regarding Archie, maybe I'm way off, but I think he's still very immature and maybe needs a change of scenery. And with Booker, I'm fine including him to get Markieff out of here.
Amen. This x10. I've been sarcastic as all hell lately, especially in this thread, but hopefully people understand he needs to be gone. Should have been gone a long time ago. This organization failed miserably banking on the Morris Twins and they have been prolonging ridding the cancer to the point that it's spread throughout the team.

Gone. He must be gone. Imagine coaching with this guy trashing you during practices and on the court. Trying to get anybody to buy into team concepts or anything he may say with Kieff snarking to his teammates and shit talking him and the organization daily.

This season has been a lost cause and honestly, I'm certain the Markieff situation killed it. All we heard in the off-season was the amount of time and effort guys were putting in to get ahead and build chemistry and good habits. Well, except for Markieff of course.

The Morris Twin situation has been one of the biggest disasters of our organizations history. It has to end now.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not sure it's costing us a season, we weren't destined for anything but mediocrity. The worse we are, the better our chances in the lotto and Simmons. That is a good thing. If it costs us our jellyfish of a coach in the process, so be it. This is the 2nd personnel fiasco in as many seasons, we wont be getting any stars coming this way now, we look like the old shitty Clippers.
We weren't winning a title this year, but there was progress to be made and that's been stunted by this elephant in the room.

And we're not in a position now to tank and play the lotto game. We're not worse than Philly, the Lakers or the Nets. And we're pretty much in line with the Pels, Blazers, Wolves, Bucks, Kings, Nuggets and Jazz. So we're still in that 8-12 range we're all so familiar with.

You are right that this is the 2nd personnel situation that's blown up. Again, I don't think it will impact any potential FA targets. But it does show that the FO too often has tried riding the fence on personnel matters. If McD had no intention of keeping Dragic or if Dragic was unhappy with Bledsoe and IT3 last year, make a move. Instead he waited, hoping it would sort itself out and it blew up. It's very hard to rebuild and reload and stay competitive and that's what McDs tried doing, but it just hasn't worked out. He's also tried playing the assets game, but that hasn't worked out either. Again, dithering. Stop playing games, move out the players you don't want, bring in the players you do want and get to winning.

SDC

Post by SDC »

portland would be stupid not to do this deal

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6640034

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SDC wrote:portland would be stupid not to do this deal

Is there any merit to this or is this just a bunch of pointless bullshit cooked up on a trade machine?

Pass.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:
SDC wrote:portland would be stupid not to do this deal

Is there any merit to this or is this just a bunch of pointless bullshit cooked up on a trade machine?

Pass.
i cooked it up. why, you dont like? some teams are actually demanding compensation for taking keef out of mcdo's hands.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I just think it's pointless cooking up what never will happen. Has anyone here ever created a trade machine trade that our FO has replicated? Ever?

Whatever the case, it's something for the sake of something I guess, and by that, you succeeded in posting something in this thread that contains a link for us to click on with a conjured up idea.

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:I just think it's pointless cooking up what never will happen. Has anyone here ever created a trade machine trade that our FO has replicated? Ever?

Whatever the case, it's something for the sake of something I guess, and by that, you succeeded in posting something in this thread that contains a link for us to click on with a conjured up idea.
this thread is called markieff morris watch.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Agree. Something to ponder. It's definitely a trade proposal that was created.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:And with Booker, I'm fine including him to get Markieff out of here.
That's crazy talk.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Just to clarify, I meant with Booker on the team, I'm ok including Archie in a deal to move Kieff.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Just to clarify, I meant with Booker on the team, I'm ok including Archie in a deal to move Kieff.
Ah, OK, that makes more sense.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/679448551668060160

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/TheCatLockwood/status/680154874781282304

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

First, a two game suspension is a joke and it pictures too damn accurately the erectile dysfunction that plagues the current regime. Markieff should be removed from the team for good, period.

ShelC wrote:There's no getting value at this point. As soon as we traded his brother, he should have been next - Aldridge or no Aldridge. McD is trying to be pragmatic and rational and it's costing us the season, and probably a head coach now.
I believe our problems go way beyond one bad Markieff Morris, but agreed.
Cut your losses and move on.
Expirings and a protected 2ndR it is, I guess. What a shame and a waste of time, but sadly it is not the first time stuff like this happens. ZBO, Sheed, JR Rider, etc.
Regarding Archie, maybe I'm way off, but I think he's still very immature and maybe needs a change of scenery.
If you do the sensible thing and trade one of the big guards, one of the collateral effects is that you suddenly have room to play him, assuming Price is not promoted. The issue is that deep into his third season, Archie still brings down the collective bball IQ even lower.
And with Booker, I'm fine including him to get Markieff out of here.
Before the next comment I was ready to call the police haha