All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:48 am
My gut tells me that the Ayton for Nurk trade has a 60% chance of 100% happening. So better start mentally preparing.

Sharp would be cool but I’m really hoping for Dick from the raptors tho.
Looks like I was right

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:40 am
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:48 am
My gut tells me that the Ayton for Nurk trade has a 60% chance of 100% happening. So better start mentally preparing.

Sharp would be cool but I’m really hoping for Dick from the raptors tho.
Looks like I was right
Swami has spoken

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

btw... can we just change this into Ayton's farewell post too? Jeremy, you sticking around or moving to ptd-blazers.net? j/k

TOO

Post by TOO »

Close this motherfucker, lock it, set it on fire. Good riddance Ayton, I never liked you. :)

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:49 am
Close this motherfucker, lock it, set it on fire. Good riddance Ayton, I never liked you. :)
bahahahahahahhahah

I love you Too... Don't ever change.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:17 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:08 am
I don’t know, it seems inevitable to me…I just worry about the return. I’m preparing for it to be something like Nurkic and Little or someone on that level.
I know you want Ayton gone, but you’re misreading the situation.

The Suns are not shopping Ayton. They are not looking to trade him. Portland highly covets Ayton and wants him included in a Dame deal. The Suns are simply telling Portland that this is going nowhere if you don’t include Sharpe (as an example, per Flex).

They are not going to trade Ayton just to get rid of him. There is no reason to think that anything has changed in this regard from July. In fact, the opposite is likely true: the Suns value him even more after the Bahamas tournament.
This didn't age well. :P
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

How do I get Ayton added to the banned words list?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Typically, where there's smoke there's fire. And the Suns easily could've put word out to Gambo or just released a statement saying they weren't trading DA and that he's part of the core. The Gambo tweets were them preparing us for this.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Huh. You hid it so well.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:57 am
TOO wrote:
Huh. You hid it so well.
I tried, I really tried to root for him. But good lord the soft play from a man of that size was unbelievable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:56 am
Typically, where there's smoke there's fire. And the Suns easily could've put word out to Gambo or just released a statement saying they weren't trading DA and that he's part of the core. The Gambo tweets were them preparing us for this.
Yep. As soon as Gambo started pushing this, my heart sunk. Knew there was probably some truth to it. The dude (Gambo) prevails.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:58 am
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Huh. You hid it so well.
I tried, I really tried to root for him. But good lord the soft play from a man of that size was unbelievable.
You've seen my frustration during the years. But I had finally come around to believing Jones and wanting to see what Vogel could do with him and then WHAMMO!

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:54 am
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:08 am
I don’t know, it seems inevitable to me…I just worry about the return. I’m preparing for it to be something like Nurkic and Little or someone on that level.

The Suns are not shopping Ayton. They are not looking to trade him. Portland highly covets Ayton and wants him included in a Dame deal. The Suns are simply telling Portland that this is going nowhere if you don’t include Sharpe (as an example, per Flex).

They are not going to trade Ayton just to get rid of him. There is no reason to think that anything has changed in this regard from July. In fact, the opposite is likely true: the Suns value him even more after the Bahamas tournament.
This didn't age well. :P
Damn 'Bone... Kick a man while he's down. :lol:

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:00 pm
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Huh. You hid it so well.
You've seen my frustration during the years. But I had finally come around to believing Jones and wanting to see what Vogel could do with him and then WHAMMO!
You and I both... I was extremely done with him after last post season and his ho hum play. I was bought into Vogel fixing him... but I guess that doesn't matter.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:00 pm
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Huh. You hid it so well.
I think Ayton needs the freedom to roam like in HS and college, just go out and play his game his way, square peg round hole fit here. Never gonna get that freedom when you've got 3 all stars in front of you needing shots.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:47 am
btw... can we just change this into Ayton's farewell post too? Jeremy, you sticking around or moving to ptd-blazers.net? j/k
ptsd.net maybe? j/k :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't wish ill on DA but I hope the Blazers win 25 games while playing shitty, disorganized basketball under Billups so DA gets a full view of how good he had it here. But it's more likely he's happy being the focus of the offense, puts up 24 and 8 with no accountability from Billups and tells everyone he's playing like an All-Star.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Loser.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:13 pm

Loser.
That's what scared us all from the beginning. Before he had played a single NBA game. Turned out to be for good reason.

"Be Legendary."