Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by djy2j »

In2ition wrote:I feel like this latest incident with Markieff is being way overblown by fans and media. It was nothing that is going to hang over the team. It only looks bad when you put the background of everything else that's been done. There are no lingering ill feelings between Archie and Markieff.
I believe that Kieff and Archie are close. I really do. Then he flipped off a fan. The media may have overblown it but the incident after the game shows how stupid and unprofessional this dude really is. He's a 15 year old boy in a man's body. Look at the short timeline involving all the dumb shit he's done. He may not ALWAYS have bad intentions but he can't be trusted when it comes to decision making and that's a huge red flag when it comes to whether or not you should be trusted to be a leader.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

What's troubling is the progression and escalation in these incidents, which is no one's fault but the organization's. We've given him slaps on the wrists, looked the other way, apologized for him, let him back onto the court and even empowered him by calling him a team leader and a guy we're making the first option. It's like a child pushing the boundaries to see how far he can go.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Sarver : Keef :: sose : misteradiant

carey

Post by carey »

Gambo went OFF on Markieff. Haha. http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=319039
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap wrote:Sarver : Keef :: sose : misteradiant

The whole Kieff thing makes me believe Babby is still pulling strings behind the scene.

Watson's MisterRogers-speak sounds exactly like the pablum that came out of Babby's mouth when he had a higher profile.

Babby has some sort of Svengali thing over Sarver/management.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Does Sarver have some weird emotional attachment to Markieff?

JCSunsfan

Markieff Morris Watch

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:Gambo went OFF on Markieff. Haha. http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=319039
I wish Gambo would wait until AFTER he is gone. A lot of the bad blood over the summer was generated by him. It's not the job of a media type to be part of the story.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don't blame the management so much for Kieff. I think they had one brother and figured having them together would make them stronger and they sort of were. They couldn't predict the two would self destruct. I don't think they thought breaking up the two would piss them off as much as it did either.

I don't blame management for the way they are handling Kieff either. They gave him multiple chances to rise above the BS and he failed. Earl Watson coming in, kissing up to Kieff and making him a starter makes us regulars angry but, I can totally see the logic behind it.

He goes berserk over you trading his brother and says some real nasty stuff and vows to never play for the Suns. Then reality sets in and the season starts. Kieff decides he still wants a pay check and plays but, plays badly, intentional or just doesn't care, it doesn't really matter. He throws a towel at the coach, gets benched and reality says he is still getting paid and nobody is offering any money. We are sucking and looking at the lottery. We still need to trade Kieff.

Enter Watson, a fresh young new coach who befriends Kieff and tells him he wants to make Kieff the center of the offense. Kieff when motivated and engaged is pretty damn good. A pretty damn good engaged Kieff starting for the Suns right before the trade deadline is best case scenario IMO.

Was Watson an idiot for making Kieff a starter and the center of the offense?If he was seriously thinking of the future of the team and making Kieff the center of the Universe I would say he was crazy. I don't think that is the case. I think it is a calculated strategy to move Kieff and if it wasn't for Kieff again dong his best to FU things the plan might have worked perfect. Now, I don't know.

I don't think the blowup on the sidelines meant that much to Kieff and Goodman but, in the eyes of some prospective team it is just another red flag from a guy with a whole lot of red flags. Not to mention the incident will only help other teams negotiate the price even lower.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In my crystal ball I see Keef, happy on his new team, trolling Gambo and us, bragging about how much damage he did to the team after we turned on him.

SDC

Post by SDC »

JCSunsfan wrote:
carey wrote:Gambo went OFF on Markieff. Haha. http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=319039
I wish Gambo would wait until AFTER he is gone. A lot of the bad blood over the summer was generated by him. It's not the job of a media type to be part of the story.
gambo is the unofficial mouthpiece of the phx suns organization.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

If he was, he's not anymore after that 2 minute bit.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I know I have a littered past of praising the Morris twins. Wish Markieff would quit proving me wrong.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

iLLmatic wrote:If he was, he's not anymore after that 2 minute bit.
Agree. That rant was beautifully spot on but about as far away from a mouthpiece for the organization as he could get. He was basically blasting all levels of the organization. Was a breath of fresh air.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Pretty much said what has been on every Suns fan's mind this season. I have followed the Suns loyally since the Barkley era, but the McD, Sarver, Babby era has literally killed any passion remaining that I have for this team.

Sarver seems to be very disconnected from the fan base, I have no idea why he's afraid of a true rebuild. The fans have been wanting this since Nash left, hell, we wanted it while Nash was still here. We thought we'd get it once Nash left thinking the organization was being respectful towards Nash, that appears to not be the case though.

SDC

Post by SDC »

nah, he's still going to be a tool of the phx suns organization after morris leaves.

SDC

Post by SDC »

iLLmatic wrote:Pretty much said what has been on every Suns fan's mind this season. I have followed the Suns loyally since the Barkley era, but the McD, Sarver, Babby era has literally killed any passion remaining that I have for this team.

Sarver seems to be very disconnected from the fan base, I have no idea why he's afraid of a true rebuild.
do you even know what a "true rebuild" entails at this point in the suns org?

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Agree. That rant was beautifully spot on but about as far away from a mouthpiece for the organization as he could get. He was basically blasting all levels of the organization. Was a breath of fresh air.
he sounded like glenn beck ranting. and the reason they havent traded morris yet was because they were waiting for the highest bid until trading day deadline. dont doubt the suns org. they got TWO first round picks for goran's EXPIRING contract.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SDC wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:Pretty much said what has been on every Suns fan's mind this season. I have followed the Suns loyally since the Barkley era, but the McD, Sarver, Babby era has literally killed any passion remaining that I have for this team.

Sarver seems to be very disconnected from the fan base, I have no idea why he's afraid of a true rebuild.
do you even know what a "true rebuild" entails at this point in the suns org?
I keep hoping McD figures out it out sooner rather than later and that Sarver keeps his hands off.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SDC wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
he sounded like glenn beck ranting. and the reason they havent traded morris yet was because they were waiting for the highest bid until trading day deadline. dont doubt the suns org. they got TWO first round picks for goran's EXPIRING contract.
And if we get anything of worth from Markieff was it worth all the trouble he caused this year?

SDC

Post by SDC »

iLLmatic wrote:
SDC wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
And if we get anything of worth from Markieff was it worth all the trouble he caused this year?
if you knew all along this season that the suns sucked and is a lottery team, then yes.

if you have higher expectations for this club, then maybe not.