KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:31 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:59 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:50 pm

What are you talking about, Jeremy?
It was mainly a joke. But it's a 4-team trade. Just like the Gary Payton II trade. Any player failing a physical jeopardizes the entire trade.
I thought it was a two team trade. What am I missing?
There wasn't enough time to make separate trades. Bucks received Crowder from Suns: https://www.nba.com/players/transactions
That link didn't tell me anything. Everything was broken up into their individual parts. My understanding was it was a two team trade and then the Nets traded Crowder in a follow up.
It takes days to complete a trade and make it official (players have to report to their new teams, physicals, certifcations by teams, etc.). So the Nets couldn't trade Crowder.

It says: "Milwaukee Bucks received forward Jae Crowder from Phoenix Suns." If it was the Nets trading him, it would say "received...from the Brooklyn Nets."
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:52 pm

It was mainly a joke. But it's a 4-team trade. Just like the Gary Payton II trade. Any player failing a physical jeopardizes the entire trade.
There wasn't enough time to make separate trades. Bucks received Crowder from Suns: https://www.nba.com/players/transactions
That link didn't tell me anything. Everything was broken up into their individual parts. My understanding was it was a two team trade and then the Nets traded Crowder in a follow up.
It takes days to complete a trade and make it official (players have to report to their new teams, physicals, certifcations by teams, etc.). So the Nets couldn't trade Crowder.

It says: "Milwaukee Bucks received forward Jae Crowder from Phoenix Suns." If it was the Nets, trading him it would say "received...from the Brooklyn Nets."
Got it. I'll go read it again. More carefully this time. :)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:38 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

It says: "Milwaukee Bucks received forward Jae Crowder from Phoenix Suns." If it was the Nets, trading him it would say "received...from the Brooklyn Nets."
OK, so possibly three teams if we're going to count Crowder going directly from us to Milwaukee. But then the draft considerations were directly from Milwaukee to the Nets.

What does this have to do with anything?:

"Indiana Pacers received guard George Hill from Milwaukee Bucks."

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

OK, so possibly three teams if we're going to count Crowder going directly from us to Milwaukee. But then the draft considerations were directly from Milwaukee to the Nets.

The Bucks are over the cap so they couldn't take on Crowder's salary without sending Hill, Ibaka, and Nwora to the Pacers (who are under the cap so they could absorb those without sending any players out). So that has to be part of the same trade also, in order to work under the cap rules.

EDIT: I should have just linked to this: https://www.nba.com/news/suns-nets-kevin-durant-trade It turns out the Pacers did send out a player to the Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet).
Last edited by JeremyG on Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Democritus wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:36 am
Anybody else watching his knees closely?

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Basketball Reference has the full trade: https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ansactions
February 9, 2023: As part of a 4-team trade, traded by the Brooklyn Nets with T.J. Warren to the Phoenix Suns; the Brooklyn Nets traded cash to the Indiana Pacers; the Indiana Pacers traded Juan Vaulet to the Brooklyn Nets; the Milwaukee Bucks traded a 2028 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) and a 2029 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Brooklyn Nets; the Milwaukee Bucks traded George Hill, Serge Ibaka, Jordan Nwora, a 2023 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected), a 2024 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) and a 2025 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Indiana Pacers; the Phoenix Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cameron Johnson, a 2023 1st round draft pick ( was later selected), a 2025 1st round draft pick ( was later selected), a 2027 1st round draft pick ( was later selected), a 2028 1st round draft pick ( was later selected) and a 2029 1st round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Brooklyn Nets; and the Phoenix Suns traded Jae Crowder to the Milwaukee Bucks. 2023 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2024 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2025 2nd-rd pick is IND own Brooklyn also received multiple trade exceptions 2023 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2025 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2027 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2028 1st-rd pick is a right to swap 2029 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2028 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2029 2nd-rd pick is MIL own

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:51 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

The Bucks are over the cap so they couldn't take on Crowder's salary without sending Hill, Ibaka, and Nwora to the Pacers (who are under the cap so they could absorb those without sending any players out). So that has to be part of the same trade also, in order to work under the cap rules.

EDIT: I should have just linked to this: https://www.nba.com/news/suns-nets-kevin-durant-trade It turns out the Pacers did send out a player to the Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet): https://www.nba.com/news/suns-nets-kevin-durant-trade
Thanks. :D I had no idea. I was just coming to post this:

Nets trade Durant to Suns, get Bridges in 4-team deal

https://apnews.com/article/brooklyn-net ... the%20Nets.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:56 pm
Democritus wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:36 am
Anybody else watching his knees closely?
Yes. :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phew!

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

KeBenderant

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Draymond is repping Matt Ishbia on his podcast. Says he is a Spartan who are all about winning and coming out swinging. Lol. Dang Draymond, no shade.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:06 pm
Phew!

Lmaorof…. I’m sure KDs will pass Benders career suns stats within a week.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:35 pm
Draymond is repping Matt Ishbia on his podcast. Says he is a Spartan who are all about winning and coming out swinging. Lol. Dang Draymond, no shade.
Already using Ishbia as leverage for his next contract.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Dray's playing the game and he's been linked to the Suns. Not sure where he and KD stand tho.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I don't want Draymond on my team ever. Or Patrick Beverley. Or Grayson Allen.

Gambo was actually hinting that we might sign Beverley.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:44 pm

I agree… those players are nothing but drama.

You lost me at “Gambo said”….. he’s just some local moron who spouts off the most dramatic crap he can think off to get listeners. Basically, the Alex Jones of suns reporters.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Moving Ayton to make room for Draymond and Kyrie this summer is the most toxic timeline.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:09 pm
Dray's playing the game and he's been linked to the Suns. Not sure where he and KD stand tho.
I think they're fine. They played together in Tokyo.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:44 pm

That would be way worse than Mario Ellie back in the day.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

INF will love this: Actually, the Kevin Durant trade is the worst in Arizona sports history
I’ll show you my qualifications: Fifty years of suffering. Fifty years of watching Arizona arenas become the Leisure World for aging superstars.

We have done this so many times before it has become almost seasonal, the thing we do along with Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We roast the turkey, we hang the mistletoe and we sign a beyond-his-prime sports legend to ride his last big contract into the sunset.