Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Playoff contribution is so not a good way to measure rookies but anyway it's hard to find 10 of them who have had a relevant regular season.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Why shouldn't it be used? Again its not the be all end all but you do realize more then half the league make the playoffs? Doesn't say whether a guy will be good or bad in the long run, especially since last yrs class had very few prospects regarded that could contribute right away, but what I'm trying to say is I think you have a lot more guys that will contribute off the bat in this years draft. It's all subjective though right now. Just My Opinion
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Let me clarify that I am talking about a draft class overall, not a rookie in particular. Playoffs can and should be used to examine everything, including rookies if they are on a postseason roster.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Who cares about rookies in the playoffs? I just look at the season as a whole and this year's rookies were complete trash. How many had even remotely memorable seasons? 2? 3? Yeah you can start throwing in guys like Plumlee and Tim Hardaway Jr. as being nice surprises, but that means they went from having 0 expectations to being decent bench guys. Not much to be excited about.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

MCW, Dipo and the Freak. That's all.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Those are my favorite 3 as well from last yrs class. Although My Sixer fan friends will tell Me Noel is going to be something special...I'm not holding my breath. I think Trey Burke showed some potential as well, and then he twitted a picture making fun of a handicapped kid and I lost a lot of respect for him (SHAQ did it as well but I already knew he was an asshole)
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Burke showed signs of life once he was healthy.

Shabazz was a bust this year. I knew Hardaway Jr would be a solid pro. I really liked Dieng coming out and think he's still got a ways to go. Olynyk showed some real nice flashes too. Want to see what CJ McCollum does in Portland with a healthy year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This past years draft class is a lot better then people are giving them credit for. I thought before the draft it would take some development for them to get it going. Give it another season or two and it will look a lot better. I'm not ready to write off this draft yet. Most of the players just need some more time.

I love this upcoming draft though. Just a lot of depth in this draft.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

IN2, in your realistic opinion who would u want at 14,18 and 27? Any one prospect you want in a Suns uniform regardless?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't have any particular player that I feel has to be in a Suns uniform. I like a bunch of them though. As a whole, this class is interesting where they can be very good on one side of the floor, but not so good on the other side. (Parker, Stauskas, McDermott, Gordon, Randle, Anderson, ect.)

I do like LaVine, even though he is definitely not ready for the NBA. He needs a team that is going to be patient with him for a few years, but that athleticism and shooting skills are incredibly attractive.

I like Capela as a draft and stash. Lots of athleticism, needs more experience and skill improvement, lots of upside, but not ready and not a great motor yet.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I have a man crush on Archie. He's my new Barbosa. I think he's going to turn in to a really nice player.

And I still have high hopes for Len. He had quite a few moments that made you think, "hmmmmmm."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:I have a man crush on Archie. He's my new Barbosa. I think he's going to turn in to a really nice player.

And I still have high hopes for Len. He had quite a few moments that made you think, "hmmmmmm."
I really like Archie too. I think he can be a star. I like him better than almost any of the SGs in the draft this year, especially if he keeps improving his jumper and handles this summer.

I also still have high hopes for Alex. He really needs an outstanding off-season of work.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I have a man crush on Archie. He's my new Barbosa. I think he's going to turn in to a really nice player.

I really like Archie too. I think he can be a star. I like him better than almost any of the SGs in the draft this year, especially if he keeps improving his jumper and handles this summer.

I also still have high hopes for Alex. He really needs an outstanding off-season of work.
Count me in the Archie Goodwin fan club - had no idea he'd be as effective as he was in the limited run that he's gotten. He's already got nice defensive instincts and a nose for the ball - if he can fix that jumper, IMO, the sky's the limit.

The thing we need to remember with Len is he hasn't had any type of training camp or summer league action yet - with those 2 things plus his staying in Phoenix for the off-season under his belt, I think we'll see him improve by leaps and bounds. Knock on wood, there were no reports of ankle issues during the 2nd half of the season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SwingMan wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Count me in the Archie Goodwin fan club - had no idea he'd be as effective as he was in the limited run that he's gotten. He's already got nice defensive instincts and a nose for the ball - if he can fix that jumper, IMO, the sky's the limit.

The thing we need to remember with Len is he hasn't had any type of training camp or summer league action yet - with those 2 things plus his staying in Phoenix for the off-season under his belt, I think we'll see him improve by leaps and bounds. Knock on wood, there were no reports of ankle issues during the 2nd half of the season.
I'm with you on all counts.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just want to see Len stay healthy. It's a real bummer if he will have ongoing leg/foot/ankle/etc. problems. I just want his ceiling to be set by his own talent and hard work, not some dumb injury problems.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:I have a man crush on Archie. He's my new Barbosa.
He is very similar to Barbosa. Better handles though.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
I see some Kobe in him. He just needs to get that shot in good shape. Kobe came into the league not shooting that great either.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
Way better & doesn't put his head down when he drives. I predict a long future for Archie once he learns to shoot the 3.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:I have a man crush on Archie.
In2ition wrote: I really like Archie too. I think he can be a star.
Superbone wrote: I see some Kobe in him.
SwingMan wrote: Count me in the Archie Goodwin fan club - had no idea he'd be as effective as he was in the limited run that he's gotten.
Interesting.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.