Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:49 pm
That Bucks trade proposal is garbage. Why we should help them win a title while taking complete garbage off their hands is beyond me. None of those players will play for us in the playoffs.
I think Ibaka would absolutely see time on the floor. He could actually come in handy against New Orleans and Milwaukee.

I think it would have been beneficial to have Jordan Nwora brought in earlier in the season when the team was getting massacred by injuries. He would have gotten valuable playing time and been able to produce. Shoot, the Suns may have been able to flip him again at the deadline.

But bringing him in now, I don't know if he could win a spot in the rotation this late in the season. I don't see Monty going away from Craig, especially since Nwora isn't a strong defender.

Hill would just be improved point guard depth over Saben Lee and Duane Washington. He would only play with Paul or Payne go down with injuries, which probably will happen again at some point this season.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:49 pm
I don't hate him. I just think some people are leaning too much into his draft evaluation and position.

The Bulls won 46 games and 1 playoff game, com'on.
They were a winning team. They made the playoffs. When did that stop mattering?

And they lost to Milwaukee. I'd hardly put that on Coby White. I don't understand what we're doing here.

I can't speak for others, but I didn't like him at all in the draft. I just started warming to him based on strong stretches of play he has had for Chicago. And he is only 22. I don't understand how someone can be confident a 28 year-old FVV will improve but seems close-minded to a 22-year-old Coby White improving.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I never said he can't improve. I question his ceiling when he's been slow to develop with significant opportunities.

I take back my comment of liking Nwora more for this season. I got caught up focusing on Nwora's $3M compared to White's upcoming RFA and worrying about White being a ballhandler while Nwora wouldn't have that responsibility.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:52 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:49 pm
That Bucks trade proposal is garbage. Why we should help them win a title while taking complete garbage off their hands is beyond me. None of those players will play for us in the playoffs.
I think Ibaka would absolutely see time on the floor. He could actually come in handy against New Orleans and Milwaukee.

I think it would have been beneficial to have Jordan Nwora brought in earlier in the season when the team was getting massacred by injuries. He would have gotten valuable playing time and been able to produce. Shoot, the Suns may have been able to flip him again at the deadline.

But bringing him in now, I don't know if he could win a spot in the rotation this late in the season. I don't see Monty going away from Craig, especially since Nwora isn't a strong defender.

Hill would just be improved point guard depth over Saben Lee and Duane Washington. He would only play with Paul or Payne go down with injuries, which probably will happen again at some point this season.
I would have rather had Kendrick Nunn than these guys. Lol.
Let’s just go with White. But if JJ can’t trade Crowder for a fucking player who will help in the playoffs then I’d rather see him not in a GM role.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

All we've managed at the trade deadline with Jones is trading for bench players. Nothing that has really moved the needle.

But at least we know his big move won't be trading for Torrey Craig again.
Last edited by The Bobster on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

My preference is to land Obi Toppin. If that can't happen, I would want a combo of Bamba/Hampton. If that isn't possible, Coby White. Lastly, I'd take the Milwaukee deal.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

What the fuck?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Cam Johnson? And 2-3 picks???? Why not just go all in for Siakim instead???

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Looks like desperation time

Split T

Post by Split T »

That seems like a lot for OG…he’s basically a bigger Mikal. Do we need two of those guys. Honestly if we’re gonna play Ayton the rest of the year we need to go all in on offense. Ayton has been a garbage defensive player this year, like worst in the league bad, and adding another wing defender isn’t gonna do much. Cam is a better offensive player than OG

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ugh. Terrible.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

If those are current prices on players like OG, maybe it’s no the worst idea to stay put. It’s not like we are just a Rotation A player away from contention.

My god, Cam J and 2-3 firsts? No wonder why JJ has not made a deal. Fandom would go from being upset for inmovility, to be angry for overpaying.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We already have Mikal. We don’t need a bigger Mikal. We need a different skill set

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

OG instead of Cam, are we a better team? If we are it wouldn’t be by much. Just makes no sense. My ultimate hope is still trading for Clarkson and Vanderbilt, I’m okay spending a first and whatever trade compensation we get from a Crowder deal.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:47 pm
We already have Mikal. We don’t need a bigger Mikal. We need a different skill set
One Mikal is nice, two Mikals would be cool but what price?

…but 3 mikals? Ooooh momma sign me up 🤤

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:46 pm
Mirror image of him walking through the tunnel with Presti.

I don't think JJ's on Masai's level as a negotiator.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:52 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:46 pm
Mirror image of him walking through the tunnel with Presti.

I don't think JJ's on Masai's level as a negotiator.
We about to give 4 picks up for OG 😭😭😭

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's a steep price for OG. I don't think he really moves the needle and durability is a big concern. Also wonder if we know we aren't interested in paying Cam what he'll be asking for and this is a good enough short term fix. There's also a connection with Patrick Mutombo.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

What about (inspired by a Dan Favale post today) something where we get Siakam and Richaun Holmes, the Raps get Ayton and the Kings get Crowder. Plus whatever other bantha fodder is needed to make this work.