Around the League: Week 24 (3/26 - 4/2)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Around the League: Week 24 (3/26 - 4/2)

Post by Cap »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:49 am
The top-3 seed that everybody wants to play. They must be hating this press. How often is there a healthy #3 seed that all the lower seeds are salivating to play?

carey

Post by carey »

Ws better be careful what they wish for. They aren't exactly the soundest defensive squad either. They are 17th in def rating & the Kings might blow their doors off if they rise to the occasion.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

The West is quite nuts. As a result of all these teams being lumped together in the middle is that there is no 60 win team this season and there will likely only be 2 50-win teams.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:55 pm
Ws better be careful what they wish for. They aren't exactly the soundest defensive squad either. They are 17th in def rating & the Kings might blow their doors off if they rise to the occasion.
Their defense looked pretty amazing the other night against the Pelicans in the second half. I hope they didn’t have an awakening.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Those 2013-14 suns that missed the playoffs would be a 3 or 4 seed

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was so surprised when he stayed in the game based on his reaction to the fall. I was shouting at my screen for the Suns to target him on the offensive end, but then he stayed in the game and seemed to shake off the injury, even dribbling with the injured wrist.

Anyway, that's a huge blow to the Wolves. I think they really had something going with always playing 2 of their 3 Centers together.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Let this be a case in point for all those people wanting Ayton to dunk everything. That was a stupid stupid play by Naz Reid. And very unnecessary. Basically wanting to showboat. I’d rather he attempt a layup or jump shot, make sure he has space to land. It’s just a play in a regular season game, it wasn’t even the playoffs.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, let's excuse all of the missed shots in the paint and free throw attempts because of the highly unlikely chance he injures himself from being too aggresive.

You've gotta be kidding me with that take.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Thanasis is so damn extra. He'd be playing in Asia if it weren't for his brother.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:22 pm
I was so surprised when he stayed in the game based on his reaction to the fall. I was shouting at my screen for the Suns to target him on the offensive end, but then he stayed in the game and seemed to shake off the injury, even dribbling with the injured wrist.

Anyway, that's a huge blow to the Wolves. I think they really had something going with always playing 2 of their 3 Centers together.

I remember watching the play and wondering how he hurt his wrist on it. They showed it a couple more times and I still was confused and thought he was faking it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

MightyMoog wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:26 pm
Let this be a case in point for all those people wanting Ayton to dunk everything. That was a stupid stupid play by Naz Reid. And very unnecessary. Basically wanting to showboat. I’d rather he attempt a layup or jump shot, make sure he has space to land. It’s just a play in a regular season game, it wasn’t even the playoffs.
What are you even talking about. How about a case in point for yo momma. He didn’t even break the wrist on the hand he dunked it with, it was the offhand that he broke either hitting the defender or the ground.

That was a chatGPT take if I ever saw one

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:04 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I remember watching the play and wondering how he hurt his wrist on it. They showed it a couple more times and I still was confused and thought he was faking it.
I saw it the first time. He banged it on the rim. HARD! The announcers were oblivious and were talking about the fall in spite of numerous replays.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:51 pm
MightyMoog wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:26 pm
What are you even talking about. How about a case in point for yo momma. He didn’t even break the wrist on the hand he dunked it with, it was the offhand that he broke either hitting the defender or the ground.

That was a chatGPT take if I ever saw one
Or maybe not. I forgot it might have been the other wrist. Was it?

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I saw it the first time. He banged it on the rim. HARD! The announcers were oblivious and were talking about the fall in spite of numerous replays.
I thought he tried to dunk it with his right hand, and it was his left wrist that got hurt. I know he was holding his left wrist, so that added to the confusion. Is that wrong?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He laid on the court for basically two Lakers offensive possessions. So weird.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is a new one.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:21 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I thought he tried to dunk it with his right hand, and it was his left wrist that got hurt. I know he was holding his left wrist, so that added to the confusion. Is that wrong?
I guess it wasn't the right hand that he slammed on the rim:
Reid was injured in the fourth quarter when he used his hand and wrist to brace himself after being fouled on a dunk attempt by Bismack Biyombo.

The Timberwolves officially listed Reid as questionable with a left wrist injury for Friday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers when they released an injury report yesterday.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’m legitimately beginning to wonder if we got all we could out of Mikal/if our scheme held him, and us, back.

42 on 16-24 tonight.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:24 pm
I’m legitimately beginning to wonder if we got all we could out of Mikal/if our scheme held him, and us, back.

42 on 16-24 tonight.
I don;t think there's any question about that.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695