Suns News: September

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Suns News: September

Post by Shabazz »

Here's how deep the league is at PG. If you take salary out of the equation, how many teams of the following players' teams would trade them for Goran Dragic, an all-NBA 3rd team player last year?

Paul
Westbrook
Curry
T. Parker
Lowry
Irving
Conley
Wall
Lillard
Rose
Lawson
D. Williams
(healthy) Rondo

Maybe the Nets and Celtics?

Look at some of the players I didn't mention:
Rubio
Holiday
Kemba
Teague
MCW
Reggie Jackson
Trey Burke
Knight
Tyreke Evans?
and Bledsoe and I. Thomas

There's an embarrassment of riches at PG in the league right now.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I forgot Jrue Holiday was a person that played basketball.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

And talking about stats, turns out the Suns had the best 5 man defensive unit in Bledsoe-Dragic-Tucker-Frye-Plumlee. 436 minutes together for a DRTG of 93.1.

Better than Hinrich-Butler-Dunleavy-Boozer-Noah (93.7) or Hill-Stephenson-George-West- Hibbert (94.9).

Via reddit, but these stats are avilable at NBA.com.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:McDonough's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video:

[youtube]GfI9512ovgo[/youtube]

Good idea but the comedy is a little forced.
He should have nominated Eric Bledsoe.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Easier than tuning the crank pan, right there next to the carbonation.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... /15147371/
Bledsoe has not worked out in Phoenix since the regular season ended. Several Suns worked out in Phoenix in May, June and July. This week, players began to return for voluntary workouts. Archie Goodwin, Alex Len, Marcus and Markieff Morris, Miles Plumlee, Shavlik Randolph, Anthony Tolliver and P.J. Tucker came into US Airways Center this week and Tyler Ennis, Gerald Green, Isaiah Thomas and T.J. Warren are expected to arrive Monday.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wont miss that selfish turd, cant wait to see Thomas in purple amd orangw.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Wally_West wrote:
Superbone wrote:McDonough's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video:

[youtube]GfI9512ovgo[/youtube]

Good idea but the comedy is a little forced.
He should have nominated Eric Bledsoe.

I found it funny.
You sold me two quier giraffes

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Wont miss that selfish turd, cant wait to see Thomas in purple amd orangw.

I will miss his d, but his pre modanna self can eat a ****
You sold me two quier giraffes

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeffreyLee wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Wont miss that selfish turd, cant wait to see Thomas in purple amd orangw.

His D was oversold, he was a decent defender, hardly elite.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Honestly, I don't hate Bledsoe for any of this. If he doesn't want to play in Phoenix, fine; he didn't ask to be traded here. If he thinks he's worth the max, so be it.

What I do hate is that Ryan & Co. completely misread the situation and were foolish to wait until the 11th hour to try to get serious about trading him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Classic INF. :lol:

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

If Bledsoe really wants to play somewhere else next year he and his agent could have played this out much better. They should have made that known early on when there were teams out there with cap space that could have worked out a deal for him a lot more easily.

Instead, they waited until all the other teams' cap space dried up and many of them had already made moves to fill out there rosters or signed or traded for players who aren't eligible to be traded at this point in time.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The Bobster wrote:If Bledsoe really wants to play somewhere else next year he and his agent could have played this out much better. They should have made that known early on when there were teams out there with cap space that could have worked out a deal for him a lot more easily.

Instead, they waited until all the other teams' cap space dried up and many of them had already made moves to fill out there rosters or signed or traded for players who aren't eligible to be traded at this point in time.
I think they did make known early, that's why there hasn't been communication. The Suns came with their 4yr/$48 mil offer, Bledsoe wanted the max, and the talks ended. This has all become public within the last month solely because it started sticking out like a sore thumb that noting was happening. Bledsoe's camp has been clear (albeit unreasonable) and it appears the Suns were banking on them weakening their stance. Well that hasn't happened.

TOO

Post by TOO »

So we trade him for probably pennies on the dollar rather than risk him being a cantankerous weasel all year.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So we trade him for probably pennies on the dollar rather than risk him being a cantankerous weasel all year.
Well first, I don't know if the Suns have lowered their demands for what they consider an acceptable return for Bledsoe. If they're thinking he should net them Kevin Love, then we're in trouble.

But let's say the Suns are willing to trade him for pennies on the dollar. How does a deal get done with Bledsoe on the qualifier? First, a trade requires is consent. Secondly, the team he gets traded would have to want to resign him AND have the cap space to do so. LA and NY have the cap space, but do they want to part with anything for a player they could add in the offseason without surrendering anything?

TOO

Post by TOO »

If he takes QO and is told he's not gonna start, why wouldn't he accept a trade elsewhere ? I don't think we can get anything for him regardless now. If he's got his heart sold on following LBJ, we're in a no win situation. Best we could hope for is a contender gets a PG injury and come calling for EB.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Well, he's not getting anything close to a max contract if he wants to go to Cleveland unless the Suns and Cavaliers make a S&T deal (and Cleveland would have to send something back like Varajao and Thompson or Waiters for the salaries to match up).
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:

His D was oversold, he was a decent defender, hardly elite.
The numbers say he was much more than decent on D, and so was the team with him on the court. What was overstated is his lockdown one on one defense, but there are many other areas. For instance, during the first half of the season one of the reasons for the good results was that the Suns played really tight defense against three point shooters.

Cap

Post by Cap »

DRtg of last year's Suns, per basketball-reference.com:

104 Plumlee
106 Bledsoe
106 Len
106 Kieff
106 Randolph
106 Tucker
107 Frye
107 Goodwin