College Basketball: 2015-2016

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: College Basketball: 2015-2016

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:I really hope they find a way to get kids to stay in college for 2 years. This 1-and-done business hurts both college and the NBA. I'm not ever going to get into college hoops as long as the players are all rotating in and out every season like this, then going straight to the NBA underprepared to contribute.
I wonder if the NBA could have a rule that they can come out, but they have to play in the NBADL until they turn 20 or something.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:I really hope they find a way to get kids to stay in college for 2 years. This 1-and-done business hurts both college and the NBA. I'm not ever going to get into college hoops as long as the players are all rotating in and out every season like this, then going straight to the NBA underprepared to contribute.
I wonder if the NBA could have a rule that they can come out, but they have to play in the NBADL until they turn 20 or something.
Who does that benefit?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:It's scary that either one of the California duo is a projected lotto pick.
Which one do you prefer? I like Rabb better then Brown personally.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'd be pretty disappointed with both. But gun to my head? I'd say Rabb.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Keep an eye on my guys Dillon Brooks and Tyler Dorsey.

Chris Boucher could also get drafted, but I'm skeptical of his ability to put on enough muscle for the next level.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Now that the trade deadline has come and gone in overwhelmingly underwhelming fashion, shall we revive this thread?

Three picks this year. Boy. Hopefully we can move Knight this summer... What does everyone think about Archie? Move him or develop him?

Either way, we'll probably start next season with Bledsoe, Booker, Warren, Len, as our building blocks. Might get Bogdan as well, and three new rookies. I wouldn't mind using at least one of those picks on a draft and stash...

I don't get to watch any college game action, but based on available reading, I quite like Valentine for one of our two later picks, if he's still available.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Furkan Korkmaz (hopefully develops his body enough to play SF) is a good target now that we could have a late lotto pick.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'll need to start looking at prospects in the mid first round now. Not sure on those prospects. However, I think there comes a time when you can have too much youth. Inexperience might be a better word. I wouldn't mind packaging say Knight and our two later picks for a more established youngster. Not sure who that'd be right now though. As for our own pick, we better hold on to that one and I really hope it lands top two. I'd love Ben Simmons, but I might be just as high on Brandon Ingram.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Instead of sending out a pick to get rid of Knight I'd rather package it and our own pick to move up to 1 or 2 to get Ingram or Simmons... Assuming we don't luck out with the ping pong balls ourselves.

But yes, I've worried about too much youth too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't think it's realistic to think that anybody is moving up to the 1 or 2 pick. You either have it or you don't. Nobody is trading them.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

You are probably right. But if we had a #3 pick and threw in a 14th pick just to move up one or two spots, and let's say you are the Lakers and want more youth... I suppose in the end it depends on how deep the top of this draft is.

pickle

Post by pickle »

God damn did I just propose a trade that might help the Lakers?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T wrote:I'll need to start looking at prospects in the mid first round now. Not sure on those prospects. However, I think there comes a time when you can have too much youth. Inexperience might be a better word. I wouldn't mind packaging say Knight and our two later picks for a more established youngster. Not sure who that'd be right now though. As for our own pick, we better hold on to that one and I really hope it lands top two. I'd love Ben Simmons, but I might be just as high on Brandon Ingram.
Minnesota is a textbook example of this.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:God damn did I just propose a trade that might help the Lakers?
:shock: :lol:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

F that. It reeks of inferiority complex. If a trade helps me, I don't care who is the other team.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Happy post Morris era to all. Was just wondering what people's thoughts on Dunn were? He has good size and athleticism for a PG. Has nice passing highlights but is he generally a good passer? I know he is already around 22 so potentially more limited upside. I liked the look of him from the limited action I've seen. obviously we would have to ship someone out to make room for him and I was curious if people thought he is worth doing that for?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Turnover machine and cant shoot FT, do not want Dunn.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

good thing I asked. His highlights are somewhat seductive but yeah they don't show turnovers in highlights. then again I guess that would mean he fits in with our current pg philosophy of turnover machines

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Dunn isn't a point guard of a winning team. He's a lot like a combo of Steve Francis and Eric Bledsoe. I think he'll be a better quality player if a team develops him as a 2.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Ring_Wanted wrote:F that. It reeks of inferiority complex. If a trade helps me, I don't care who is the other team.
Hmm. Everyone has a different reason for wanting what they want. No labels please.

As far as the NBA goes, I have two joys. One is to root for my Suns, and the other is to root for anyone that is playing the Lakers. Lately I've found that joy two is the one that has been helping my mental health more than joy one. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to be worse than the Lakers. Basically that team and the way the NBA turns a blind eye to a lot of the egregious things they do is exactly what I think is wrong with professional sports, so I shall root against the Lakers as long as I watch basketball. I will never willingly help them. End of story.

And yes I know that I'm just a fan and whatever I do won't actually impact their health or that of my beloved Suns.