Game Day: Suns (12-22) @ Thunder (22-10), Thurs 12/31/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Vladimir_Taltos

Re: Game Day: Suns (12-22) @ Thunder (22-10), Thurs 12/31/15

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

On a couple passes I saw, TJ seemed to have at least some decent court sense on passes, perhaps treat him as a big guard? Just a thought, :D. I know its somewhat of a stretch, but on those couple passes, I was impressed...and wondered If challenged to expand on that part of his game how he might function. God knows, our PG play has been...ok at best, imho. Just a goofy idea for discussion purposes.

PG: TJ
SG: Booker
C: Chandler
PF: Len
SF: PJ

VT

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched almost all of this one live. It was another "good loss." I think it's pretty clear that the fewer of (Bledsoe + BKnight) we have out there at a time, the better. The team flows a lot better with just one ball-hogging PG instead of 2. We actually mostly look pretty respectable out there other than not having a PG who can pass the ball or run a pick-and-roll. Warren was awesome. Booker continues to learn and grow and improve. I am enjoying watching the Suns this past week despite every game being a loss.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Indy wrote:I actually enjoyed watching a Suns game tonight. I really hope I lose my bet with OE32 and TJ gets to averaging 25 ppg. If he keeps hitting those 3s, he is going to be very hard to guard. Honestly, I really like the core of TJ, Booker and Len. Hey, let's just start calling the duo of #1 and #12 TJ Booker. Len can be Locklen or something else stupid like that.
Probably fortunately for me, we never actually agreed on that bet - I wanted the cutoff to be 24.6 PPG, while you wanted it to be 25.0 PPG. We never arrived at a "meeting of the minds."

Our Cavs bet, however, is still on - 6 months avatar shaming if the Cavs pick is 26-30. Feeling pretty good about that one.

Indy

Post by Indy »

OE32 wrote:
Indy wrote:I actually enjoyed watching a Suns game tonight. I really hope I lose my bet with OE32 and TJ gets to averaging 25 ppg. If he keeps hitting those 3s, he is going to be very hard to guard. Honestly, I really like the core of TJ, Booker and Len. Hey, let's just start calling the duo of #1 and #12 TJ Booker. Len can be Locklen or something else stupid like that.
Probably fortunately for me, we never actually agreed on that bet - I wanted the cutoff to be 24.6 PPG, while you wanted it to be 25.0 PPG. We never arrived at a "meeting of the minds."

Our Cavs bet, however, is still on - 6 months avatar shaming if the Cavs pick is 26-30. Feeling pretty good about that one.
Oh, I thought we agreed on 25. My bad. Also, I thought we agreed on 4th best record or higher, not 5th (26th pick).

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Indy wrote:
OE32 wrote:

Oh, I thought we agreed on 25. My bad. Also, I thought we agreed on 4th best record or higher, not 5th (26th pick).
Oh! Well I know we had an agreement of some sort. We'll dive back into the archives once we get closer to the end of the season I guess. :)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Let's not forget pj doing his trade value no harm. And okc was probably the best team to have that performance against. Wish we could fast forward to the time we trade him and markieff for future peices. I could get onboard with that

Is it safe to assume Goodwin is in his way out also? He is still not getting any meaningful pt of late.
do we think showcasing him may actually hurt his trade value at this point?

Indy

Post by Indy »

do we think showcasing him may actually hurt his trade value at this point?
Considering how effective he has been for us this year, I am confused why we don't play him more. I don't know if it is something going on behind the scenes. I hope so. Otherwise...

carey

Post by carey »

When you guys find out let me know. I'm confused by his lack of play time too.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Jeff mentioned Archie was going to get some time due to the bled injury on that recent interview so I'm perplexed. I would be overjoyed if we did purely because it would signal that we are serious about rebuilding mode (TJ and booker say get onboard!) Playing weems is pointless at this point in time, well pretty much any point in time

Indy

Post by Indy »

Danimal wrote:Jeff mentioned Archie was going to get some time due to the bled injury on that recent interview so I'm perplexed. I would be overjoyed if we did purely because it would signal that we are serious about rebuilding mode (TJ and booker say get onboard!) Playing weems is pointless at this point in time, well pretty much any point in time
This. Even if he were doing well, it is pointless. We aren't in win-now mode, and he isn't part of our future (even in a limited capacity). So why play him? Is it only because our GM went out and bought him this summer, and hyped him? I just don't get it. He is under contract for just as long as Archie.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote: We aren't in win-now mode, and he isn't part of our future (even in a limited capacity). So why play him? Is it only because our GM went out and bought him this summer, and hyped him? I just don't get it. He is under contract for just as long as Archie.
We aren't? Have you run this past Sarver and McD?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

I liked what I saw out of the game. Knight is pretty ineffective when he doesn't have his shot, and for this game he didn't have his shot. I was hoping he'd be much more of a point guard, but besides not shooting first second and third, he wasn't facilitating anything.

Booker got a lot more touches and in fact brought the ball up a fair bit to start off the play. In the past he had shown some flashes of passing ability but for this game, he turned it over way too much. But hey, that's the whole point of rebuilding, and I'm happy that he's getting that experience right now.

Warren was awesome. He played great on offense, knocked down plenty of threes, and was active on defense. The most impressive to me was the defense, since that's what's ultimately going to determine his role on a playoff caliber team. Without it he's just a more nifty Gerald Green. With tough defense he can be a 35 mpg player.

What's the deal with the bandage on Len's hand? I'm a little upset that Chandler is starting over him, but I guess it's inevitable, seeing as how we paid 13 mil per for Tyson.

PJ played well. Cotton seems to be a younger and slimmer version of Price. Lots of activity, but not hugely effective.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I didn't get to watch the game for a whole day but, I enjoyed watching it. I fully expected them to be destroyed since they have been sucking and were very short handed in hostile territory but, they almost won. There seems to be a renewed intensity to their play. I of course don't know the reason but, can speculate. Having two coaches fired has to send some sort of message.

I can see Earl Watson on the sidelines and on time outs trying to coach the team. Maybe I am seeing things that aren't there but, I can almost sense Earl trying to take over and I feel uncomfortable for Hornecek. His coaches he picked were fired under him and replaced with other people that he didn't pick. A lot of coaches would have walked for that but, he didn't. They seem to be playing harder and I don't know whether that's from them being coached better by the new coaches or just them playing harder because they sense that the reason the coaches were fired is because they were sucking and feel other changes coming that might effect them that bthey might not like if they continue to suck. As professionals it has to have some sort of effect on them you would think.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I actually like Tucker at the 4. Hope they keep him starting there, boost his value, and trade him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:I actually like Tucker at the 4. Hope they keep him starting there, boost his value, and trade him.
Agreed.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
specialsauce wrote:I actually like Tucker at the 4. Hope they keep him starting there, boost his value, and trade him.
Agreed.
Me too. He actually seems to play within himself a lot more there. I really hope we can get something for him. I would rather we eat Keef's contract and get something for PJ, instead of trying to package both to get almost nothing back.