Suns News: Week 11 1/4-1/10

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Suns News: Week 11 1/4-1/10

Post by Cap »

SDC wrote:demote mcdo to scouting and assistant gm and hire bryan colangelo to fix this team.
Not. Gonna. Happen.

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:He might have a similar trajectory to Jason Terry. They tried making him a starting PG in Atlanta for years. Now even if he's starting off on the bench, he ends up closing out games.
I was thinking Jamal Crawford. But he doesn't have that type of handles.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Dan H wrote:Seriously though, Jarrett Jack is out for NJ . . . wonder if they might be interested in Knight for RHJ and say a pick. If we're going to tank, let's do it right. Let Archie get some burn at the point if nothing else.
They have no picks. If you want one franchise in the NBA that is more depressing than the Suns, that's the one right there. I don't mind Thad Young though. I like that RHJ is a standout defensive player, but I'm not sure I want more youthful wing depth that needs minutes right now.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604 ... ave-become

Suns Have Only Themsleves to Blame for the Inconsistent Mess They Have Become
By Kevin Ding , NBA Senior Writer Jan 4, 2016

YEP.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:WHY IS MARKIEFF STILL ON THIS TEAM?????
Because Ryan is still overvaluing him.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:WHY IS MARKIEFF STILL ON THIS TEAM?????
Because Ryan is still overvaluing him.
how little would you be willing to take to get rid of kieff?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I don 't want much, but then again, the scenarios I think about usually involve more than just him.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:I don 't want much, but then again, the scenarios I think about usually involve more than just him.
give me one or two of your sample trade scenarios for getting rid of morris.

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

If anyone has any interest in chandler can we trade him before he's just and expensive has been... Then again you do have to pay someone and these other chumps haven't earned it...

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Goran Dragic for new Suns GM!
“I always believe when you find some pieces that you leave those pieces [alone]. But then you upgrade the other positions. Like San Antonio is doing. They always have the Big Three, but then it’s a good team. They always find another player at another position, so they’re always good. But that’s not my call,” Dragic told Yahoo, with an uncomfortable chuckle. “I was just there to play basketball. I tried to do my job.”
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

“That’s why I didn’t hesitate to sign in free agency, because they are always on top,” Dragic told Yahoo. “They are always looking at that big picture to win a championship. I still remember that year with the Suns, when we made the [conference finals in 2010]. That was one of the best moments in my career and I want to feel that again, to be in the playoffs and to be a contender."
I still like the dude. McD really screwed the pooch with him. I said in the other forum that I'd rather be paying him 85 mil than Bled and Knight 140 mil.

"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Superbone wrote:
“That’s why I didn’t hesitate to sign in free agency, because they are always on top,” Dragic told Yahoo. “They are always looking at that big picture to win a championship. I still remember that year with the Suns, when we made the [conference finals in 2010]. That was one of the best moments in my career and I want to feel that again, to be in the playoffs and to be a contender."
I still like the dude. McD really screwed the pooch with him. I said in the other forum that I'd rather be paying him 85 mil than Bled and Knight 140 mil.
Totally agree. I think Sarver and McD are so into "metrics," that they miss all the other things stats don't capture. A guy who leads the team (that traded him in the first place) and makes sure everyone is involved, who cares about the city and winning and being a professional.... But hey! Bledsoe is the mini-LeBron! And Knight is an almost all start in the East!

They might have all the numbers, but they clearly don't understand intangibles at all.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
That's not really a fair comparison. It would be Bled and Dragic $155M vs Bled and Knight $140M.

However, I'd definitely rather have IT for $7M per year and the Lakers pick than Knight for $14M and the Cavs pick. It's not even close.

For all the "almost an All Star in the East" talk, it would be funny and fitting if IT was actually an All Star in the East.

SDC

Post by SDC »

And on Friday, amid all of that turmoil, the Suns will welcome back Dragic, who noticed the fissures in the structure and got out before the unseemly collapse.
he and his team are coming to phoenix soon. i dont expect a good game from him even though he's been playing better lately.

http://www.dougstats.com/15-16/MiamiHeatLF.html
Last edited by SDC on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robot

Post by Robot »

Man...

I hate to say it but I think th Suns are doomed for the foreseeable future.

Robert server is not a basketball savy owner and he has proven that . He is also either excessive or weak, depending on the scenario . His reputation is not good. His leadership and tact are not good.

McD is a Trojan horse. He really made a few decent moves but, his vision is not very good. He is very rigid and not a forward thinker. I agree with the previous post ( forgot who ) who mentioned metrics. Metrics are stupid and this team proves it. He has some skills but doesn't have a good vision for the team and also doesn't seem to understand the important of relationships both between team members personally, their roles, and between the front office and players

hornacek - you know I don't love him, and I don't think he is a great coach. I think he would be a better college or high school coach but he doesn't have the pedigree to adapt to the modern nba game. He too, like the previous fo members is extremely rigid, uncreative, and uninspiring. A poor leader who can't cut through the bullshit who seems to enjoy migrating the blame away from himself. I feel we would have most of the same problems without him but he certainly exasperated them

So what do we do ?? Nothing because the front office I pig headed , ignorant and inflexible . Even with a good draft and with our young players, I don't see how we can weather this storm when we have no leadership at any position from the top down. Vision and leadership is critical, I have said many times, and the Suns have zero, absolutely zero .

It sucks .

- R

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
That's not really a fair comparison. It would be Bled and Dragic $155M vs Bled and Knight $140M.
Not a fair comparison? Trade the dude for a PF! It's very fair. We didn't have to sign Bled. We should have done a sign and trade in the ridiculous summer of his restricted free agency.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Not a fair comparison? Trade the dude for a PF! It's very fair. We didn't have to sign Bled. We should have done a sign and trade in the ridiculous summer of his restricted free agency.
As I recall his free agency, no other team showed interest. Which makes his contract all the more ridiculous.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
i was expecting a dragic, thomas, tyler ennis pg depth chart last season. i thought mcdo was fully prepared not to sign eric.

that last minute bledsoe signing came out of nowhere.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

“Me and Bledsoe, we built really great chemistry together, we played well and the whole team did. Everybody expected that we’re going to get some big guys that we thought we needed, but they did another move, they bring in a point guard and it was tough,” - Goran Dragic

AMEN !!!!

Bottomline, Dragic told the truth. I know Babby and Ryan Mc talked about Dragic's agent always calling to see when Bledsoe was coming back from injury cause Goran was wearing out on the court. Trying to go after Lebron is cool, but still Goran told the absolute truth.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !