Game Day: Suns (13-26) @ Pacers (21-16), Tues 1/12/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
EDC

Re: Game Day: Suns (13-26) @ Pacers (21-16), Tues 1/12/16

Post by EDC »

Booker just needs to be more aggressive. He passes up so many shots. He almost always has room to get that jumper off when he curls around that screen.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What got into Morris? Looks like he's having his best game of the season!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

EDC

Post by EDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:What got into Morris? Looks like he's having his best game of the season!
He forgot how mad he is at the front office. Don't worry he will remember soon enough.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/687095141023264769

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote:Booker just needs to be more aggressive. He passes up so many shots. He almost always has room to get that jumper off when he curls around that screen.
He's scored more on 12 shots than Keef has on 18.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

19 point loss. Progress! Keep it up boys.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/687077838185455617

Which is exactly why we could ignore Bledsoe's injury history.

Oops.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

That was a great game. Archie had the best game since the finale against Sacto his rookie year. Kept turnovers low, ran the offense, played solid defense. And we lost! Hard to complain about that one. :)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/687077838185455617

Which is exactly why we could ignore Bledsoe's injury history.

Oops.
Those lunges, stretches and knee raises sure are putting a lot of balls in the basket and stacking up W's.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Archie's floor game and decision making have made a big jump which makes his regressing jumper and free throw shooting (he's clearly lacking confidence at the line) all the more disappointing. I'm ok with him never becoming a huge three point threat, but his ability to get to the line doesn't matter much if he can't make his freebies.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Shabazz wrote:Archie's floor game and decision making have made a big jump which makes his regressing jumper and free throw shooting (he's clearly lacking confidence at the line) all the more disappointing. I'm ok with him never becoming a huge three point threat, but his ability to get to the line doesn't matter much if he can't make his freebies.
He's struggling at the line? He used to be a decent free throw shooter his rookie year.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

^whoops, just looked it up, he was shooting 67%. nevermind.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Tyson looked like poop in the first quarter. His offense was totally exposed without someone out there to spoon feed him. Still, Hornacek should have gone back to him in the 4th. The Pacers absolutely killed us inside with Keef (still here) at C and Hornacek didn't adjust, even as Keef was clearly gassed on offense too.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

djy2j wrote:I'll be at this one. Supposed to be sub zero windchill temps by this evening so look for the shooting to be just...well, awesome. Can't wait to see the Price,Tucker,Chandler lineup in person. (fingers crossed)

*side note: The girl I am taking with me is a huge Pacer fan and if the Suns win she owes me certain...uhh..favors. So this is kind of a big game! :lol:
No posts since the game. I'm thinking you are busy.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

3-18 from our starting frontcourt. Woof. I wonder how many times that's been done in NBA history.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Nodack wrote:
djy2j wrote:I'll be at this one. Supposed to be sub zero windchill temps by this evening so look for the shooting to be just...well, awesome. Can't wait to see the Price,Tucker,Chandler lineup in person. (fingers crossed)

*side note: The girl I am taking with me is a huge Pacer fan and if the Suns win she owes me certain...uhh..favors. So this is kind of a big game! :lol:
No posts since the game. I'm thinking you are busy.
Haha. I wish. I read posts but didn't have time to type much of anything relevant. Had my phone replaced shortly before the game and had all kinds of stupid Sprint and Samsung pop ups every time i went to use it. It was more trouble than what it was worth.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

A few game observations:

Our passing is even worse in person. If there is a terrible pass to be made, we make it. I feel sorry for Chandler. He either has no chance at catching them or we get it to him when he has 3 guys on him. The pass that hit Teletovic on the head another prime example.

Tele should never drive to the hoop. Ever. If he can't get a clear path his instinct is to jump pass. It ain't good. His hair also looks ridiculous when he's back peddling on defense (which is going to happen alot on this team.) Looks like some sort of rooster cut blowing in the wind. It was disturbing enough to post about it.

I think I may be off the Archie bandwagon. He drives, and he drives, and he drives, and he...He's so out of control and his FT hasn't gotten better in 3 years so what's the point? He's also still lost in D. A few times Tucker got in his ear during breaks. Chandler as well. Archie didn't respond to that the way I had hoped. Poor body language and kind of seemed like he though he knew everything already. Again, this I saw during breaks.

Devin didn't have such bad body language when getting an earful from Tucker and Chandler like Archie did. Nice to see him perform in the 2nd half. He's still pretty timid until he gets a couple shots then he starts trash talking.

Tucker impressed me with his hustle and how he tried to lead the young guys. He seriously was in their ears more than I would have expected. He barks at the refs too much but most players do but he still plays really hard and with a lot of passion. I wish he could still shoot.

Markieff had a pretty lackluster shoot around but once he started getting mins and shots you could tell wanted to be a good basketball player again. He just is rusty AND it seems he is holding himself back, probably because he hates the franchise. He would look like he was going to make a hustle play then he would kind of stop mid way and go back to FOE mode. He would show some emotion then he'd pull back unless he could find something to bark at the refs about then it was the same fiery Keef as before. That's how you know he's tanking.

As far as the game. Hornacek didn't play Leuer and Chandler in the 4th so we got killed on the boards. Tele is not a center. The rest of the game was the Suns figuring out how to play basketball together. So pretty much just like every other game.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

carey

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

EDC wrote:Booker just needs to be more aggressive. He passes up so many shots. He almost always has room to get that jumper off when he curls around that screen.
I don't think so. He is being careful with his shot selection, that is part of what makes so efficient. Its why I like him.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
I don't think so. He is being careful with his shot selection, that is part of what makes so efficient. Its why I like him.
He needs to be more aggressive. He is wide open on those screens. There is no reason not to take it. I don't care if that means he shoots a little lower percentage, if it means he gets 3-4 more shots per game. We don't usually get a better shot after he passes that one up.