Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by Superbone »

So, we have to face Dinwiddie again on Tuesday?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Pistons- Crowder, Dario, Shamet, 1st, 2 2nds

Suns- Bojan Bagdanovic, Alec Burks

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Edit: Posted this again in the newest news thread since it’s more appropriate there

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Yeah, it sounds like he didn’t get the info from CP3 but he did get his “permission” first before reporting it:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

We he sure as hell doesn’t have a relationship with JJ either to give him any heads up. Just doing Nets dirty work.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:16 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:51 pm
With new owner Mat Ishbia set to take over the Suns this upcoming week, Phoenix has emerged as an intriguing organization to monitor ahead of the Feb. 9 deadline. The Suns want to continue building around All-NBA star Devin Booker, center Deandre Ayton and forwards Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson. However, the future of Chris Paul is uncertain beyond this season as Paul has a partial guarantee of half of his salary for next season.

The Suns are known as a potential suitor for Toronto Raptors guard Fred VanVleet, but once Irving became available, Phoenix shifted its focus to the Irving market.

Phoenix offered a package around Paul, Jae Crowder and one first-round pick, sources said. The offer was made within the first 18 hours of Irving’s trade request, and it’s believed that three first-round picks could have clinched a deal, multiple league sources said. However, the Suns never added those picks and failed to make a better offer, beginning to lose interest in a trade for Irving as time went on.

The Suns are expected to be incredibly active over the next several days to add to the roster, as Ishbia is expected to be a resourceful, open-minded team owner.

https://theathletic.com/4158739/2023/02 ... uns-shams/
Can we finally stop with the Ayton trade stuff? Like I keep saying, there’s a zero percent chance of him getting traded this season.
I'm not a fan of trading picks and Ayton for Siakim, but if it goes down this week, the one bright spot will be revisiting this post.
Haha well I’ve guaranteed it about 4 or 5 times now, so if I’m wrong I deserve to take the heat.

But just from putting together everything I know, I can’t raise it above 0%. I would put the chance of Booker getting traded this summer as higher than the chance of Ayton getting traded this season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I just don’t see how you can be 0%…what gives you the confidence it’s not even 1%?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:16 am
But just from putting together everything I know, I can’t raise it above 0%. I would put the chance of Booker getting traded this summer as higher than the chance of Ayton getting traded this season.
Well now you're just being silly.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:33 am
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:16 am
Well now you're just being silly.
Just nonsense at this point.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:21 am
I just don’t see how you can be 0%…what gives you the confidence it’s not even 1%?
Trust me bro.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
What would you say the chances are of Giannis being traded before the deadline?

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:04 am
Split T wrote:
That doesn’t answer my question…It was a genuine question…unless you’re James Jones or Mat Ishbia, you can’t be 100% certain.

Even still the chances Giannis get traded are still above 0%…it’s 1 in a million, but it’s not 0

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:09 am
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:04 am
Split T wrote:
That doesn’t answer my question…It was a genuine question…unless you’re James Jones or Mat Ishbia, you can’t be 100% certain.

Even still the chances Giannis get traded are still above 0%…it’s 1 in a million, but it’s not 0
Okay, I would say it’s 0% for Giannis but I understand the technical distinction you’re making. So it’s the same with DA I guess. If you want to get super technical, not even Ishbia can know for certain, since he doesn’t know the future.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I guess I’m wondering what makes you think Ayton is in the same ballpark as Giannis then? We all know why Giannis is not being moved, but Ayton has been mentioned in trade talks, there’s clear evidence of the team not completely being sold on him, it doesn’t seem like it’d be shocking for him to be moved. I think it’s more likely he stays as well, but I’d put the chances around 20% that he’s moved.

You telling me if Toronto or Brooklyn said ok we want Ayton for Pascal or KD that the suns would say no?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:45 am
I guess I’m wondering what makes you think Ayton is in the same ballpark as Giannis then? We all know why Giannis is not being moved, but Ayton has been mentioned in trade talks, there’s clear evidence of the team not completely being sold on him, it doesn’t seem like it’d be shocking for him to be moved. I think it’s more likely he stays as well, but I’d put the chances around 20% that he’s moved.

You telling me if Toronto or Brooklyn said ok we want Ayton for Pascal or KD that the suns would say no?
That’s not going to happen, certainly not straight up.

I put it at zero based on putting together everything I know about the situation, like I said. That includes, but is not limited to, everything I know about DA and everything I know of James Jones. But Shams basically put the lid on it completely now, which is what I was responding to.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

DA and Giannis shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. That's a terrible analogy. The odds of trading Ayton are the same odds as trading Giannis? That's like saying Ayton and Embiid would negate each other in the NBA Finals if they matched up. We all know Embiid would dominate him, the same way Giannis averaged nearly 50 points a game in the Finals vs. our front court.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Also, saying Booker would be traded before Ayton is like saying Giannis would be traded before Middleton.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm
Also, saying Booker would be traded before Amare is like saying Giannis would be traded before Middleton.
I think you meant Ayton. ;)

Except I didn’t say any of that. I said Booker is more likely to be traded this summer than Ayton is this week. I didn’t say Booker is more likely to be traded than Ayton this summer.

With a new owner coming in, anything is possible after the end of the season. He could trade Booker for KD straight up for all we know.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:10 pm
DA and Giannis shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. That's a terrible analogy. The odds of trading Ayton are the same odds as trading Giannis? That's like saying Ayton and Embiid would negate each other in the NBA Finals if they matched up. We all know Embiid would dominate him, the same way Giannis averaged nearly 50 points a game in the Finals vs. our front court.
Lol I wasn’t comparing them talent wise, just saying how confident I am in DA not being traded before the deadline. Even I have said I would trade Ayton for Giannis. But that’s another scenario that has no chance of happening (in the near future).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm
Also, saying Booker would be traded before Amare is like saying Giannis would be traded before Middleton.
I think you meant Ayton. ;)

Except I didn’t say any of that. I said Booker is more likely to be traded this summer than Ayton is this week. I didn’t say Booker is more likely to be traded than Ayton this summer.

With a new owner coming in, anything is possible after the end of the season. He could trade Booker for KD straight up for all we know.
Yes, I did. And OK, still preposterous. But how about we just agree that both Booker and Ayton are not likely to be traded before the trading deadline or this summer? They are most likely our core moving forward.

"Be Legendary."