Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by Wally_West »

I already accepted the fact that Markieff won't be traded.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Same. We're going to cut off our nose to spite our face. Just won't learn.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Suns asking for so much for Kieff. I think pretty soon other GMs are just gonna quit even communicating with McD because his offers are garbage.

Does McD think he's smarter than all other GMs in the league or something?

Just trade Kieff and get out of this mess!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think Sam Hinkie, John Hammond, and Danny Ainge will always want to trade with Ryan.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Yup. If the rest of the league won't meet our demands, we'll just let Keef stick around and continue to sabotage us from within for another three years, to punish the rest of the league for not giving us what we want.

It's like we're holding a gun to our own head, shouting, "I'll do it! Give me what I want or I swear I'll fucking do it!" And the rest of the league is like, "Okay, what do you want on your tombstone?"

carey

Post by carey »

Guys, this season is toast anyway. What's the god damn hurry? Waiting until Summer makes no difference at all now. If it means a better offer it is worth watching Markieff for 30 more games. If it doesn't then you don't lose anything except more games which is actually helpful at this point.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:Guys, this season is toast anyway. What's the god damn hurry? Waiting until Summer makes no difference at all now.
I've wanted him gone for three years. So for me, the sooner, the better.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:Why not?! He has a such an awesome contract and he is sooooooooooo talented. :roll:
And he's a leader in the locker room!!1

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Also, what's with these rumors that we've been offered a 1st-rounder for Kieff and have said "no"? How can they do that? They will never get a better offer than that for garbage like Kieff. They should have taken that deal yesterday. If they really sit on this trade and keep him all spring when they could have had a 1st-round pick for him, I think I'll explode.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

No report has said that has actually been offered. Executives are just commenting on what the asking price is from the Suns front office.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:No report has said that has actually been offered. Executives are just commenting on what the asking price is from the Suns front office.
Exactly. Which is a joke. Of course every team in the league would love to trade their team's cancer for a 1st rounder and young (hint, hint: cheap) talent. But this isn't RealGM.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

His value will never increase while in Phx. Meanwhile he's a black eye for the franchise. So of course we'll hold on to him
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Where's 'Bazz when you need him?!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:Also, what's with these rumors that we've been offered a 1st-rounder for Kieff and have said "no"? How can they do that? They will never get a better offer than that for garbage like Kieff. They should have taken that deal yesterday. If they really sit on this trade and keep him all spring when they could have had a 1st-round pick for him, I think I'll explode.
Most likely a last first rounder, which are basically worthless.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

This is straight from Adrian Woj
Multiple teams who have made pitches for Phoenix Suns forward Markieff Morris suggest a first-round pick hasn't been enough to engage the Suns in trade talks
So yeah this implies that Suns have recieved first round pick as offers but Suns don't want to engage in those talks.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Also, what's with these rumors that we've been offered a 1st-rounder for Kieff and have said "no"? How can they do that? They will never get a better offer than that for garbage like Kieff. They should have taken that deal yesterday. If they really sit on this trade and keep him all spring when they could have had a 1st-round pick for him, I think I'll explode.
Isn't that what they got for IT?

And IT's an all star and a waaaaaaay better player than Kieff plus IT isn't cancerous or have issues.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

UglyTruth wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Isn't that what they got for IT?

And IT's an all star and a waaaaaaay better player than Kieff plus IT isn't cancerous or have issues.

IT is a midget chucker who puts up enough stats to get noticed. Up until this year, no one thought IT was better than Kieff, and next year no one will either. You pay a premium for size. IT gets "cute little guy" votes for the all-star game.

Maybe I am overstating it, but not by much.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:Where's 'Bazz when you need him?!
Still here. Trying a different approach over the next few days, but if he's still here come Thursday afternoon.... there's gonna be some questions that are asked in some pretty large fonts up in this bitch.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Get ready to select the down arrow and increase the font to Huge because you know he's not going anywhere.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

carey wrote:Guys, this season is toast anyway. What's the god damn hurry? Waiting until Summer makes no difference at all now. If it means a better offer it is worth watching Markieff for 30 more games. If it doesn't then you don't lose anything except more games which is actually helpful at this point.

Thank you. I think we are in a strong position. We are going to suck Kieff or not. Moving him today or next summer isn't going to make that much difference. Other teams are fighting for playoff position and more desperate. I personally think not much will happen and then at the last second the flood gates will open and several big trades will happen almost simultaneously. I think we can afford to be patient.

"You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run."

:D