All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:33 am
TOO wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:30 am
When will this circle end?
It won’t…and I apologize for jumping back in. Losing two straight to the Spurs must have set me off lol.
It's sure what set me off. I hadn't been this depressed about the trade until now.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:28 am
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:25 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:38 pm
Well I’m not telling him to leave the board haha. I’ve just never seen someone be so attached to one player before.

His Yousuck Nurkic stuff rubs me the wrong way as well and I lashed out a bit. I don’t even think Nurk is that good…his season is going about how I expected. Especially this game where we benched him down the stretch. I expect us to do that a lot. He won’t always make sense out there. But that was the beauty of trading 3 for 1…I think it seems clear Grayson Allen will be the best player for us from that trade. I think Nurkic can give us 20 minutes and Little is a nice developmental piece(I know he’s not that young, but he’s on a friendly deal over the next 4 years and is young enough).
If Grayson is the best player from the trade, then it's a complete disaster. It's only going to become clearer and clearer that we needed a center and defensive anchor. We didn't need another shooter.

"I don’t even think Nurk is that good…his season is going about how I expected. Especially this game where we benched him down the stretch. I expect us to do that a lot."

Be honest--is that how the Suns talked about their "upgrade" at center when they made the trade? Is that really what the front office or team or majority of the fanbase "expected"? To have to bench the starting center they traded for "a lot" of the time? What happened to "better fit"?
Ayton was not a reliable rotation guy.
And here I was trying to have a serious conversation.
Split T wrote:
Allen is putting up 12/5/3 for us with a .665 TS%. 50% from 3 right now. He’s out scoring Ayton and doing it much more efficiently.
Again, thanks for letting me know you're not serious.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I figured it was time to check in with Rip City Reddit again, and see what they're saying:

And everyone's favorite poster, Piano9717, weighs in with their thoughts:

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:50 am
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:25 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:38 pm
Well I’m not telling him to leave the board haha. I’ve just never seen someone be so attached to one player before.

His Yousuck Nurkic stuff rubs me the wrong way as well and I lashed out a bit. I don’t even think Nurk is that good…his season is going about how I expected. Especially this game where we benched him down the stretch. I expect us to do that a lot. He won’t always make sense out there. But that was the beauty of trading 3 for 1…I think it seems clear Grayson Allen will be the best player for us from that trade. I think Nurkic can give us 20 minutes and Little is a nice developmental piece(I know he’s not that young, but he’s on a friendly deal over the next 4 years and is young enough).
If Grayson is the best player from the trade, then it's a complete disaster. It's only going to become clearer and clearer that we needed a center and defensive anchor. We didn't need another shooter.

"I don’t even think Nurk is that good…his season is going about how I expected. Especially this game where we benched him down the stretch. I expect us to do that a lot."

Be honest--is that how the Suns talked about their "upgrade" at center when they made the trade? Is that really what the front office or team or majority of the fanbase "expected"? To have to bench the starting center they traded for "a lot" of the time? What happened to "better fit"?
Ayton was not a reliable rotation guy.
And here I was trying to have a serious conversation.
Split T wrote:
Allen is putting up 12/5/3 for us with a .665 TS%. 50% from 3 right now. He’s out scoring Ayton and doing it much more efficiently.
Again, thanks for letting me know you're not serious.
And thanks for letting me know you’ve still got your blinders on

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:37 am
If we leave JerBear to just argue with himself this thread might actually go away.

I wish there was a way to mute threads.
(whispers) You don't have to click on this thread if its content will be unpleasant for you. (/whispers)

Split T

Post by Split T »

True, but some of us are OCD and can’t not click on a thread that has unread posts haha

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:41 am
TOO wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:37 am
If we leave JerBear to just argue with himself this thread might actually go away.

I wish there was a way to mute threads.
(whispers) You don't have to click on this thread if its content will be unpleasant for you. (/whispers)
Can't have the blue unmarked thing screaming at me.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:44 am
True, but some of us are OCD and can’t not click on a thread that has unread posts haha
This lmao.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Sounds like a skills issue

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:49 am
Split T wrote:
This lmao.
Tip: read all the other unread threads, then click on the little wrench icon at the top of the Suns/NBA forum page and hit "Mark topics read." :P

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:07 pm
TOO wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:49 am
Split T wrote:
This lmao.
Tip: read all the other unread threads, then click on the little wrench icon at the top of the Suns/NBA forum page and hit "Mark topics read." :P
I was just going to say the same thing. For all you cats younger than me, you sure don't know technology very well. I'll probably start doing this. I couldn't care less about Ayton anymore. He is no longer a Sun. He had his chance here and blew it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I knew you could do that and have done it before…but I also don’t often look at what thread I’m opening before I open it. I just start from the bottom and go up

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:21 pm
I knew you could do that and have done it before…but I also don’t often look at what thread I’m opening before I open it. I just start from the bottom and go up
Ahh, rookie mistake. :P You go from least important to most important. :)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
word

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:28 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:51 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:42 pm
I never said Nurk > Ayton and I’m going to be very quiet because I quit paying attention to Ayton. I’m a Suns fan. Not a particular player fan.
Yea I've kind of stopped paying attention to his games, mostly because he's the same player there that he was here.
If the first half of your sentence is true, then you can't make the (untrue) claim in the second half of your sentence. Not only has he been showing new things on offense, but more importantly he's been the defensive anchor that we needed under Vogel's system.
What new things has he been showing on offense? He has one FT attempted through 4 games, 0 3-pointers and a negative a/to ratio. I've watched a decent amount of Portland so far. Seems like the same old DA.

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

I think the only way this thread ends is either we win an NBA title or Ayton becomes an All-NBA player. Onwards to 250!

Cap

Post by Cap »

3TheHardaway wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:37 pm
I think the only way this thread ends is either we win an NBA title or Ayton becomes an All-NBA player.
Don’t discount the possibility of WWIII killing us all.

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

Cap wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:44 pm
3TheHardaway wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:37 pm
I think the only way this thread ends is either we win an NBA title or Ayton becomes an All-NBA player.
Don’t discount the possibility of WWIII killing us all.
Sadly I think this could perpetuate into an afterlife.

I’d say see y’all in hell but I think that’s redundant in this thread.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

This just gets more and more depressing. Blazers now have a better record than us.

Ayton is #1 in total rebounds, #2 in rebounds per game, #2 in total steals, and #5 in steals per game.

I admit that he probably wouldn’t have done that for the Suns…

…unless we did something crazy like fired the coach who hated him and hired a great defensive minded coach named Frank Vogel.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:48 pm
This just gets more and more depressing. Blazers now have a better record than us.

Ayton is #1 in total rebounds, #2 in rebounds per game, #2 in total steals, and #5 in steals per game.

I admit that he probably wouldn’t have done that for the Suns…

…unless we did something crazy like fired the coach who hated him and hired a great defensive minded coach named Frank Vogel.
I love it keep it up I can’t wait to keep receipts. All this bragging while he’s averaging a whopping 11 ppg. UNLEASH DOMINAYTON. That’s a max player if I ever seen one