Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:29 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm
Also, saying Booker would be traded before Amare is like saying Giannis would be traded before Middleton.
I think you meant Ayton. ;)

Except I didn’t say any of that. I said Booker is more likely to be traded this summer than Ayton is this week. I didn’t say Booker is more likely to be traded than Ayton this summer.

With a new owner coming in, anything is possible after the end of the season. He could trade Booker for KD straight up for all we know.
Yes, I did. And OK, still preposterous. But how about we just agree that both Booker and Ayton are not likely to be traded before the trading deadline or this summer? They are most likely our core moving forward.
Yeah, I agree with that. But I don’t think you’ll find many others on here who think Ayton is not likely to be traded this summer. And depending on how the rest of the season/postseason unfolds, anything is possible with Ishbia re-evaluating everything.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And speaking of my Freudian slip substituting Amare for Ayton, just shows how much I really do like Ayton. I just get frustrated by his lack of aggression and court awareness for all the natural ability and size he has and how much potential is being wasted.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:04 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:45 am
I guess I’m wondering what makes you think Ayton is in the same ballpark as Giannis then? We all know why Giannis is not being moved, but Ayton has been mentioned in trade talks, there’s clear evidence of the team not completely being sold on him, it doesn’t seem like it’d be shocking for him to be moved. I think it’s more likely he stays as well, but I’d put the chances around 20% that he’s moved.

You telling me if Toronto or Brooklyn said ok we want Ayton for Pascal or KD that the suns would say no?
That’s not going to happen, certainly not straight up.

I put it at zero based on putting together everything I know about the situation, like I said. That includes, but is not limited to, everything I know about DA and everything I know of James Jones. But Shams basically put the lid on it completely now, which is what I was responding to.
Certainly not straight up, but I think the suns wouldn’t hesitate to include him if Toronto or Brooklyn wanted him

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:18 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:10 pm
DA and Giannis shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. That's a terrible analogy. The odds of trading Ayton are the same odds as trading Giannis? That's like saying Ayton and Embiid would negate each other in the NBA Finals if they matched up. We all know Embiid would dominate him, the same way Giannis averaged nearly 50 points a game in the Finals vs. our front court.
Lol I wasn’t comparing them talent wise, just saying how confident I am in DA not being traded before the deadline. Even I have said I would trade Ayton for Giannis. But that’s another scenario that has no chance of happening (in the near future).
I think Ayton is definitely part of our "big 3" so I don't see him being moved either. Especially if we can continue to get this version of him that shows up big every time Ishbia is courtside.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:41 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
DA and Giannis shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. That's a terrible analogy. The odds of trading Ayton are the same odds as trading Giannis? That's like saying Ayton and Embiid would negate each other in the NBA Finals if they matched up. We all know Embiid would dominate him, the same way Giannis averaged nearly 50 points a game in the Finals vs. our front court.
Lol I wasn’t comparing them talent wise, just saying how confident I am in DA not being traded before the deadline. Even I have said I would trade Ayton for Giannis. But that’s another scenario that has no chance of happening (in the near future).
I think Ayton is definitely part of our "big 3" so I don't see him being moved either. Especially if we can continue to get this version of him that shows up big every time Ishbia is courtside.
We'd be guaranteed at least a 41-41 record every year. ;)

ETA: Actually, that's a good question. If he's still running UWM or whatever it's called, he'll most likely continue to live in Michigan and might not be around a lot.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:44 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:41 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
We'd be guaranteed at least a 41-41 record every year. ;)
And 16-0 in the postseason? :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.