All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Split T »

We should have listened when he said his goal was getting that 2nd contract. I just don’t think he loves basketball. Which is fine…just very glad he’s not on our team anymore. Should’ve traded him long ago.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

You can't teach someone to love basketball and embrace physicality. Just not who he is.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He seems to love the PS5 version of basketball.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:19 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:34 am
I definitely don't miss this stuff from the biggest guy on the team.

He had 0 FT attempts again. He's 9th on the team in FTA per game. It's like he goes out of his way to avoid contact and physicality which causes him to miss so many shots near the rim.
I don’t see any misses near the rim on that chart. Are you sure you’re not confusing him with Nurkic?

Btw, Nurkic is averaging only 0.5 more FTA (and 0.2 made FT) than Ayton did for us last season.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yes but on 4 less shots

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:12 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

He had 0 FT attempts again. He's 9th on the team in FTA per game. It's like he goes out of his way to avoid contact and physicality which causes him to miss so many shots near the rim.
I don’t see any misses near the rim on that chart. Are you sure you’re not confusing him with Nurkic?

Btw, Nurkic is averaging only 0.5 more FTA (and 0.2 made FT) than Ayton did for us last season.
Now add in shot attempts to get said FTA. Your cherry picked stat is poo.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:16 pm
Yes but on 4 less shots
Twins.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

My bad. Ayton is dominAyton the paint with physicality and getting to the line regularly. 9th on his team full of physical beasts. Monty was keeping him from unleashing his physical flurry of going hard in the paint.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
So, you're saying that the guy who makes half of what Ayton makes, who was one of three pieces we received for Ayton (one of the others being a starter shooting the highest 3pt% in the league and averaging a 50/40/90), is only slightly better than Ayton?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:18 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

My bad. Ayton is dominAyton the paint with physicality and getting to the line regularly. 9th on his team full of physical beasts. Monty was keeping him from unleashing his physical flurry of going hard in the paint.
I’m honestly surprised ayton didn’t blame Monty for getting iced in. 😂

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:37 pm
JeremyG wrote:
So, you're saying that the guy who makes half of what Ayton makes, who was one of three pieces we received for Ayton (one of the others being a starter shooting the highest 3pt% in the league and averaging a 50/40/90), is only slightly better than Ayton?
No, I’m saying he is slightly better than Ayton at the one thing people keep praising him for.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think we praise him more for his passing, activity level, and engagement with the rest of the team…at least in regards to what Ayton didn’t have. His willingness to play for contact is part of it too. Free throw rate is a better stat to use and that’s .373 vs .225(last year). Ayton is .130 this year. Assist rate is 18.2% vs 8.0%(9.2% last year). Nurk also leads the nba in rebound rate. He’s doing what we need him to do. I’ll take all that over the better fg% at the rim(70% vs 62%).

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Spoiler: show/hide

The point was to illustrate how he took and missed most of his shots from 12-15 feet despite shooting well at the rim. He's a low IQ and effort player.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TOO wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:17 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Now add in shot attempts to get said FTA. Your cherry picked stat is poo.
This

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:16 pm
Yes but on 4 less shots
And a fraction of the salary...

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

6 points, 4 rebounds for Mr Max tonight.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Blazers are currently at a point where their max contract Center is just as effective as their 2-way contract Center.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Blazers fans are already fed up with him and are questioning what he actually contributes. It's good to see that the myth of a perceived witch-hunt against Ayton in Phoenix is finally being dispelled.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is just.. Wow.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Get to the choppa!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."