Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Mori Chu wrote:What about a Bledsoe trade to Boston for Rondo? Or what other moves would be potentially intriguing?
If Bledsoe is willing to go to small markets, I think there are some good options.

Atlanta: Payne would be a terrific fit as stretch forward with 3pt range and defense, and was given heavy consideration by the FO at #14. This would be an ideal candidate for a three way trade since they are under the cap and also have Teague. Too bad Millsap is an expiring, but if they were into making a move for Bledsoe I guess they'd be envisioning a core of Bledsoe-Horford-Millsap.

Maybe Sacramento, with the Cousins connection, but I want nothing from them but Stauskas and picks. Fillers like Terry-Williams-Thompson-Landry(god forbid) would be needed. Only the first two are expiring.

Milwaukee: already been discussed. They have Knight, Henson and other pieces/filler like Zaza-Ilyasova-Mayo-Delfino. Zaza is still a decent backup C, and Delfino is expiring. The other two were awful last season and you would have to bribe me with multiple picks to even consider them.

Indiana makes sense if they'd be willing to pay Bledsoe to start a new project in the wake of PG's injury. A deal centered around David West could be a solution for both franchises, as well as the players. The problem is that Indiana's guys are quite expensive. 2/24PO for West, 8M per for George (let alone Hibbert at the max, but supposedly the Suns don't want him). If it wasn't for his salary, George could complement well Dragic and IT3, and West of course fills a need. Ennis would have minutes available there, if they were willing to give up a lotto protected 1stR.

Houston is said to have real interest, but the most they can offer is TJones/Motiejunas, a pick or two and fillers. They also have Nick Johnson. I'd be worried about sending quality to a western conference team that already has Harden and Howard, injury concerns aside. In this case a third team would have to provide something that elevates the Suns win-now chances, otherwise I wouldn't deal with the Rockets.

Boston-LAL if they were ready to give up Smart/Randle, but I doubt it, and in the Lakers case we could be hurting the 2015 pick.

NY could make a play but that would mean giving up their 2015 cap space, and would have to be a really complex scenario since they'd need to end up under the apron (~81M). Besides, their only real assets are future picks.

Too bad the Magic addressed their PG need via draft. I'd absolutely love Tobias Harris.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Indiana has absolutely nothing we want. David West's knees wouldn't hold up in an uptempo system. We'd be foolish to center a deal around him. I wouldn't touch Hill or Hibbert with a 10 ft pole. Living in Indianapolis I get a first hand experience of how badly fans want those guys out of here.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:What about a Bledsoe trade to Boston for Rondo? Or what other moves would be potentially intriguing?
If Bledsoe is willing to go to small markets, I think there are some good options.

Atlanta: Payne would be a terrific fit as stretch forward with 3pt range and defense, and was given heavy consideration by the FO at #14. This would be an ideal candidate for a three way trade since they are under the cap and also have Teague. Too bad Millsap is an expiring, but if they were into making a move for Bledsoe I guess they'd be envisioning a core of Bledsoe-Horford-Millsap.

Maybe Sacramento, with the Cousins connection, but I want nothing from them but Stauskas and picks. Fillers like Terry-Williams-Thompson-Landry(god forbid) would be needed. Only the first two are expiring.

Milwaukee: already been discussed. They have Knight, Henson and other pieces/filler like Zaza-Ilyasova-Mayo-Delfino. Zaza is still a decent backup C, and Delfino is expiring. The other two were awful last season and you would have to bribe me with multiple picks to even consider them.

Indiana makes sense if they'd be willing to pay Bledsoe to start a new project in the wake of PG's injury. A deal centered around David West could be a solution for both franchises, as well as the players. The problem is that Indiana's guys are quite expensive. 2/24PO for West, 8M per for George (let alone Hibbert at the max, but supposedly the Suns don't want him). If it wasn't for his salary, George could complement well Dragic and IT3, and West of course fills a need. Ennis would have minutes available there, if they were willing to give up a lotto protected 1stR.

Houston is said to have real interest, but the most they can offer is TJones/Motiejunas, a pick or two and fillers. They also have Nick Johnson. I'd be worried about sending quality to a western conference team that already has Harden and Howard, injury concerns aside. In this case a third team would have to provide something that elevates the Suns win-now chances, otherwise I wouldn't deal with the Rockets.

Boston-LAL if they were ready to give up Smart/Randle, but I doubt it, and in the Lakers case we could be hurting the 2015 pick.

NY could make a play but that would mean giving up their 2015 cap space, and would have to be a really complex scenario since they'd need to end up under the apron (~81M). Besides, their only real assets are future picks.

Too bad the Magic addressed their PG need via draft. I'd absolutely love Tobias Harris.
I do not think any of these teams will pay Bledsoe more than the Suns are willing to pay him. The Suns are willing to go higher than 4/48. Sarver made it clear that that was their opening offer. So, as long as Eric wants the max, a sign and trade is not possible.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:

https://twitter.com/talk_nba_/status/503751852329295872

Why would we trade for Rondo for a year unless he is willing to sign long term? Bledsoe on the QO is alot cheaper with similar production and about the same chances of resigning.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think what he's trying to say is that the Celtics are looking at a strategy to sign or trade for Bledsoe in the future, not that they're considering trading Rondo for him now.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:Why would we trade for Rondo for a year unless he is willing to sign long term? Bledsoe on the QO is alot cheaper with similar production and about the same chances of resigning.
Bledsoe on the QO has about zero chance of resigning, because the move makes no financial sense. The only reason to do it is if he has decided he wants out. Which should be just wonderful for team chemistry.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't doubt the Cs would look at Bledsoe. They were interested in him when he was with the Clips (and McD was in the Celts FO) so there's a bit of history there. And McDs familiarity with the Cs could help facilitate a deal.

Looking at a potential deal for Rondo, I could see him and Dragic working well in the backcourt together but I hate that Rondo can't shoot/score. Also not sure why the Cs would want Bledsoe and Smart. They're kind of the same player, with Smart a little bigger. I'd definitely take Smart, he was one of my favorite players in the draft and his shooting will improve. And he'd be the type of guard we could put out there with either Dragic or Thomas.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

So. What must the conversations between Bledsoe and his agent be like now?

EB: So, what's up. Any word on that max deal you promised?
RP: Just be patient. They are low-balling us now, but they will cave, or someone will step in, trust me?
EB: I don't know. Looks like the options are getting thin.
RP: We got time man. We got time. Something will happen. You can always take the QO and get your money next year.
EB: Is that smart, man? You see what happened to PG? I take alot of hits going through the lane?
RP: No prob. We get insurance or something. They disrespecting you man! Aint none of MY clients going to be treated like that! Maybe we get you to Milwaukee or something.
EB: Milwaukee? You kidding me? I think I am going to call Babby.
RP: You can't do that man. You ruin everything. You have to let your agent handle this. I'm tight with LeBron, remember. You can't hang with Bron unless you hang with me. Trust me.
EB: Yeah, yeah. Click.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Lol JC. Best laugh I've had in ages. Well done.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Robot

Post by Robot »

xxxxxxxxxxxx redacted by eric bled sole xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-R
Last edited by Robot on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the Celtics make a lot of sense as a trade partner. Get a pick and some assets and ship him out.

TOO

Post by TOO »

We can go after INFs boy Olynyk. That'd put him over the moon.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:We can go after INFs boy Olynyk. That'd put him over the moon.
I wish. Ryan didn't even work him out. I'd love to move the Morris Twins for Jeff Green and Kelly Olynyk.

I know 'bazz, I know: Kelly Olynyk isn't that good. Three cheers for Alex Len!
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I never said he wasn't good, just that I like Len's upside more. Olynyk is older than my dad.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I just want bigs who can play, we have enough guard play.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I just want some freaking defensive rebounding. I can't take another season of other teams having their way with our bigs and getting 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances on so many possessions.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:I just want some freaking defensive rebounding.
Jarnell Stokes.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I just want some freaking defensive rebounding.
Jarnell Stokes.
Was with you on that one, wouldve been a solid add.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Jeff Green can be left. He'd give me an aneurysm if he played here.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:I never said he wasn't good, just that I like Len's upside more. Olynyk is older than my dad.
Way to make a fellow 23 year old feel ancient. ;)