Bledsoe wants out!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I think is about expectations.

Not sure how many of our players could go trough those defensive stats unharmed. Ultimately, an effective defense is a team effort, so pining on Chandler as the culprit of our woeful defense is futile. He is no longer a stronghold to count on, he is a piece in a puzzle, depending on the rest doing their jobs. If you are expecting Chandler Defensive Player of the year, better go to YouTube. If not, you get a serviceable Center, as overpaid as any guy enjoying the premium payed under the “you can’t teach size” principle.

Bottom line, Len is no playing 48 minutes, and both our projects have shown too light to handle load, neither one rebounds as good as Chandler and Chriss would be even worst defensively. Pretty sure the Coach would agree with many around here about prefering Williams, but that agreement will not heal the guy sooner. And as much as I enjoy the Trade Machine, to constantly post opinions and dismiss players under some sort of premise where somehow you are first/only one/majority to discover that such player is flawed or than a trade would be helpful, is very armchair-ish GMing.

Our five positions could use an upgrade if a “Make-a-wish” trade could be made just by clapping the heels of our shoes together three times.

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone think what's actually devaluing Bledsoe is that the team is playing much better without him?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Okafor did not get extended by philly... Is he worth a shot at all?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I really liked Okafor when he came into the league, but his attitude is huge concern. His defense isn't great, as I recall.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Defense is terrible. He can't shoot. He could definitely anchor a 2nd unit's offense, but you'd have to commit to a throw it in the post style. He's Greg Monroe or Enes Kanter.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:Anyone think what's actually devaluing Bledsoe is that the team is playing much better without him?
Probably doesn't help his trade value. But it may help our FO take its time and not make a panic trade. We're doing okay right now and not in a "panic" mode with an urgent need to make a move to fix our broken team. I actually think the notion of "selling low/high" on a player has gotten kind of skewed from what it used to be. Real stars are being traded for pennies on the dollar this past summer, and it seems to be somewhat random what return a given player will get you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:Defense is terrible. He can't shoot. He could definitely anchor a 2nd unit's offense, but you'd have to commit to a throw it in the post style. He's Greg Monroe or Enes Kanter.
Problem is he doesn't rebound that well either. Still, I would like to see an interior scorer on this team. Some gravity in the post could help get better looks from three.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

AmareIsGod wrote:Hoping you know I wasn't trying be snarky or on the attack towards you and RingWanted. I'm not so much a huge fan of Chandler's as much as he's providing positive contributions and we don't have better alternative, at the moment. I agree that moving him in a package or otherwise would be ideal for a decent return.
No problem, we are good.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:I think is about expectations.

Not sure how many of our players could go trough those defensive stats unharmed. Ultimately, an effective defense is a team effort, so pining on Chandler as the culprit of our woeful defense is futile. He is no longer a stronghold to count on, he is a piece in a puzzle, depending on the rest doing their jobs. If you are expecting Chandler Defensive Player of the year, better go to YouTube. If not, you get a serviceable Center, as overpaid as any guy enjoying the premium payed under the “you can’t teach size” principle.

Bottom line, Len is no playing 48 minutes, and both our projects have shown too light to handle load, neither one rebounds as good as Chandler and Chriss would be even worst defensively. Pretty sure the Coach would agree with many around here about prefering Williams, but that agreement will not heal the guy sooner. And as much as I enjoy the Trade Machine, to constantly post opinions and dismiss players under some sort of premise where somehow you are first/only one/majority to discover that such player is flawed or than a trade would be helpful, is very armchair-ish GMing.

Our five positions could use an upgrade if a “Make-a-wish” trade could be made just by clapping the heels of our shoes together three times.
No argument from me that we are a team that overall needs work on defense (although to be fair, under Triano we are top10, apparently), but we are talking about Chandler's performance. I got questioned because I said he is not doing a good job on that area, and got told that stats and numbers suggest otherwise. Specifically complained about this habit of not using arms to contest stuff, then I come up with numbers that strongly suggest that people who think Chandler is bad on defense are on the right. Am I expecting Chandler to be his DPOY self? Absolutely not, and from my standpoint this is close to a straw man argument. I won't get into the armchair GM stuff again, because this could get ugly quickly and my friend, we just won a terrific game against the Wizards and we should celebrate in good spirits, don't you think?

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/926132121592389632

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What would the Pistons give us that we would want? If it isn't Drummond or some nice picks, I'm out.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think that's why we want a third team. Well don't want Jackson, can't imagine there would be a team that wants Jackson that wouldn't rather have Bledsoe though.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Aside from his lack of talent, bloated contract and inability to get along with teammates wherever he plays, Reggie Jackson is a great target.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

PASS

And PASS on Drummond too

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:What would the Pistons give us that we would want? If it isn't Drummond or some nice picks, I'm out.
I would imagine there's no way the Pistons are parting with Drummond, but getting their first rounder next year would be something valuable.

I also think waiting is going to drive the market up a bit. I think if the Cavs continue to struggle, they could be pressured to give up that Brooklyn pick.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I keep hearing the Bledsoe-to-Cleveland rumor, but why would they want to pair Bledsoe and IT again?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Xylus wrote:I keep hearing the Bledsoe-to-Cleveland rumor, but why would they want to pair Bledsoe and IT again?
It's mostly wishful thinking from us. But it's also a bit of IT being injured and not actually on the court.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

The problem was bled/IT/Dragic

Although bled/IT/Rose/Wade poses similar problems.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

specialsauce wrote:PASS

And PASS on Drummond too
Why pass on Drummond?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/926178811162517504