Around the League: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Around the League: Offseason

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:36 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:29 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Option for us?
Gross.
Ya I’m probably a no too. He might be a small upgrade from Carter, but I’m not sure much.
One of those players who's been coasting on an outdated defensive reputation for a few years now. he's also never healthy.

Watch them sign him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Says Mr. Jinx.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

:P :lol:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1329606925940633601

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

So in the end, OKC did this:

Out: Chris Paul + Nader + #25 + #28
In: #17 (Pokusevski) + PHX p2022 + GSW p2021 + Leque + Jerome + James Johnson (expiring 16M) + a ton of $$$ saved.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That’s really just CP3, Nader and 2 1sts for 3 1sts, garbage, and money saved. Not a ton. And 1 of those 1sts might be 2 2nd’s. You also probably need to add Schroeder to the out because that’s how they got 28. Then add another 1st and Al Horford. 1 of the 1sts in was also sent out, so cancel it out.

In: 3 1sts(1 used on Poku) Horford, Johnson, Jerome, Lecque
Out: CP3, Schroeder, Nader, Ferguson, 1 1st

So in the end I’m not sure they saved all that much money and The media just sees 1sts and assume they’re great, but all 3 should be late picks(The Warriors one turns into 2nd’s if it’s top 20)

So specifically from our deal, they got 2 late 1sts and saved a ton of money. Not bad.

Not sure what they were doing with the Horford move. They took on a ton of money, just for 1 late 1st. Kinda meh on that one.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Agreed people tend to overrate mid-low 1stR, but it's still great to have them when you are rebuilding. Every draft you fall in love with a prospect out of your range and this ammo is exactly what enables you to get your guy, although of course you don't need to learn from me the value of picks haha.

As for the money they save, yeah, Paul is owed 80+M, and they are left with just 16M from Johnson and small filler.

Taking on Horford is a different thing that they could entertain only because they shaved so much from Paul. We can discuss if just a 1stR would be enough to swallow such an albatross, but in the end Horford can still play and I bet Presti will extract value from him in due time, because he can afford to take back a trash player on a big contract (plus draft capital/asset, of course), something PHI just couldn't do since they are competing.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:44 am
I can’t believe I was in favor of trading his rights away for Chriss. I knew BB would be a player too, but damn. He’s exactly what our bench needs.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
The Kings man...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 am
ShelC wrote:
I can’t believe I was in favor of trading his rights away for Chriss. I knew BB would be a player too, but damn. He’s exactly what our bench needs.
His basketball ability would be great, but he doesn’t want to come off the bench. Had that issue in Sacramento.

From what I hear, originally the sign and trade was going to include Bledsoe, which would have allowed Bogdan to get paid more. The Jrue deal came to fruition for Milwaukee and they tried to pull off the Bogdan deal still without Bledsoe. This meant a paycut for Bogdan. My guess is Milwaukee and Sacramento worked out the details and it leaked before they asked Bogdan about the changes. Or some team with cap space told him, hey we’ll give you more money than that and he changed his mind.

Other possibility is the nba said wait a second, you guys are breaking the rules. We won’t punish you public ally, but this trade is off and we will punish you if you try to remake it once free agency starts.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 am
ShelC wrote:
His basketball ability would be great, but he doesn’t want to come off the bench. Had that issue in Sacramento.

From what I hear, originally the sign and trade was going to include Bledsoe, which would have allowed Bogdan to get paid more. The Jrue deal came to fruition for Milwaukee and they tried to pull off the Bogdan deal still without Bledsoe. This meant a paycut for Bogdan. My guess is Milwaukee and Sacramento worked out the details and it leaked before they asked Bogdan about the changes. Or some team with cap space told him, hey we’ll give you more money than that and he changed his mind.

Other possibility is the nba said wait a second, you guys are breaking the rules. We won’t punish you public ally, but this trade is off and we will punish you if you try to remake it once free agency starts.
They should have started free agency last week, sounds like it’s been going on a while. Lol.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Lakers after Bogdon now..they’d look really good if they land him. Believe Kuzma would be the main piece. If you combine his salary with McGee and Horton-Tucker, think you could give Bogdon a starting salary of 13.5ish million. Bring back Bradley and KCP, perhaps Dwight too

Bradley/Schroeder
Bogdon/Caruso
KCP
Lebron
AD/Dwight

Use MLE/BAE on a couple wings and they’re set. They’re a good landing spot for someone like Holiday. I do wonder if they’ll still try to play AD at the 4. Do they bring back Cousins?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

If Indiana gives in they are stupid. The alternative is Boston loses him for nothing. They’ll take Turner and McDermott eventually.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It would be insane if Ainge got Tuner plus any of Warren-Dipo. Getting Turner back is already a huge win. Hayward is not happy in BOS and is out no matter what. Extracting a couple of borderline allstar players (in the East) would be bananas.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:03 pm
It would be insane if Ainge got Tuner plus any of Warren-Dipo. Getting Turner back is already a huge win. Hayward is not happy in BOS and is out no matter what. Extracting a couple of borderline allstar players (in the East) would be bananas.
Agreed. Just getting Turner is a home run. He's a great fit there.