Bledsoe wants out!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by specialsauce »

JCSunsfan wrote:
specialsauce wrote:PASS

And PASS on Drummond too
Why pass on Drummond?
Because all he does is rebound?

We already have that same player in Tyson Chandler.

He’s an awful defender, and has no offensive game except for dunks. At the level of money he’s going to command and in today’s game that is a HARD PASS.

carey

Post by carey »

Drummond makes $27M a yr through '21. Ridiculous.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:Drummond makes $27M a yr through '21. Ridiculous.
That's like triple the amount of money Tony Buckets makes a season! Absurd.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Drummond has improved his FT shooting this season, which makes him a lot more tantalizing to me. I'd be happy to have him on the Suns.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Disgusting

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

$27M per year for a player who’s only skill is rebounding. Awful! Maybe the worst contract in the league

I’d happily keep our current centers over him

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The deal I’ve been reading about was..

Bledsoe to Detroit
Jackson to New Orleans
2018 NO 1st, 2019 DET 1st, Asik & Ajinca to Phoenix.

It’s beimg reported as “dead” now, which is usually the case when details are eventually leaked.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

I'm glad it's dead. That's a lot of long term money for some useless players and some picks that will not be lottery picks unless Davis gets hurt again I suppose.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:I'm glad it's dead. That's a lot of long term money for some useless players and some picks that will not be lottery picks unless Davis gets hurt again I suppose.
You may be forgetting the profound negative effect Bledsoe would have on that Pistons team! :)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:I'm glad it's dead. That's a lot of long term money for some useless players and some picks that will not be lottery picks unless Davis gets hurt again I suppose.

Agreed. Pass on any non-lottery first round picks. We have enough first round picks. At this point it's about a quality pick or a young player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:

Agreed. Pass on any non-lottery first round picks. We have enough first round picks. At this point it's about a quality pick or a young player.
It's impossible to have "enough" first round picks.

That deal isn't too bad if Asik's contract can come off the books under the Chris Bosh rule.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

It's impossible to have "enough" first round picks.

That deal isn't too bad if Asik's contract can come off the books under the Chris Bosh rule.
Is Asik hurt? I just assumed he wasn't good enough to play. It's not a terrible trade. The pelicans pick could have been a late lotto. Although my guess is new Orleans would have wanted lotto protection. Pistons is probably a mid 1st. A fairly similar return to the dragic trade. Although we'd have to take on 16 million a year in salary next year and 11 million the year after. I think passing is probably the right move.

At this point, my guess is the Brogdon and Ntilikina trades won't happen. Milwaukee and NY won't part with them. I haven't heard much mention of Orlando being interested in exchange for Payton and I don't really see Cleveland ever offering the Brooklyn pick.

If we can't package bled with another piece (Chriss and/or Miami pick) to get a solid young player or pick (Jabari or Brooklyn pick) I think I can be sold on a Mudiay/faried/1st for Bled. I'm not super high on Mudiay, but he's worth taking a chance on. I'd still call Orlando and try to get payton first.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:Is Asik hurt? I just assumed he wasn't good enough to play.
He's been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Not certain if he'll ever be able to play again.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He's been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Not certain if he'll ever be able to play again.
so insurance would be covering the actual salary. The issue is the 2019 free agency plan.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Ring_Wanted wrote: No argument from me that we are a team that overall needs work on defense (although to be fair, under Triano we are top10, apparently), but we are talking about Chandler's performance. I got questioned because I said he is not doing a good job on that area, and got told that stats and numbers suggest otherwise. Specifically complained about this habit of not using arms to contest stuff, then I come up with numbers that strongly suggest that people who think Chandler is bad on defense are on the right. Am I expecting Chandler to be his DPOY self? Absolutely not, and from my standpoint this is close to a straw man argument. I won't get into the armchair GM stuff again, because this could get ugly quickly and my friend, we just won a terrific game against the Wizards and we should celebrate in good spirits, don't you think?
Completely agreed!!

We have to take a deep breath of this fresh air, has been a great 5 games stretch, but as likely as it is, that we won’t get back to that awful start level, we won’t stay at .500 for a long time either. And just for the record, I was not calling out for you on the “—” GMing thing per se, just trying to elaborate some on the thin line that sometimes make any of us look that way, in general.

Moreso, I’ll throw my hat into the ring and ask what would you think about a trade with Bledsoe-Faried-Valanciunas at the core of it?

We create a logjam at C, but JV should be enough to sit Chandler or to look for a trade milking this Len’s renaissance. A 2nd for a rental? After all, he is not staying.
Has been written that Toronto could trade JV out of cap concerns, and this would shed one year of future salary, with a very competitive frontcourt rotation in Ibaka, Faried and Nogueira.
Denver gets a real PG and eliminate Faried’s salary, so another asset could come out from them. What and where to?

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
My mom has it. It's an awful disease, but... there's a guy on the Saints that has it. He plays professional football with most of his intestine removed. I don't see how you can't play basketball with it. It probably depends on the severity though. Not all cases are the same.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Completely agreed!!

We have to take a deep breath of this fresh air, has been a great 5 games stretch, but as likely as it is, that we won’t get back to that awful start level, we won’t stay at .500 for a long time either. And just for the record, I was not calling out for you on the “—” GMing thing per se, just trying to elaborate some on the thin line that sometimes make any of us look that way, in general.

Moreso, I’ll throw my hat into the ring and ask what would you think about a trade with Bledsoe-Faried-Valanciunas at the core of it?

We create a logjam at C, but JV should be enough to sit Chandler or to look for a trade milking this Len’s renaissance. A 2nd for a rental? After all, he is not staying.
Has been written that Toronto could trade JV out of cap concerns, and this would shed one year of future salary, with a very competitive frontcourt rotation in Ibaka, Faried and Nogueira.
Denver gets a real PG and eliminate Faried’s salary, so another asset could come out from them. What and where to?
No problem. I acknowledge that sometimes 'GMing' doesn't sit well with everybody as it can litter a thread, and I love rosterbation more than many.

About Valanciunas, I think he can be useful but I'd rather have Faried so I'd cut our Toronto and just take him and a pick from Denver (assuming such package was on the table and nothing better was offered). And if we added Valanciunas, Chandler would have to be sent out somehow to make sense cap wise (Big Sauce also plays a part on my evaluation of this scenario, as I don't want to bury him behind close to $30M in centers before we get to see how well he can come back).

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/926132121592389632

Also posted this on the Suns news thread, but according to SI.com, the Pelicans were willing to take Jackson in exchange for Asik and Ajinca, paying us their '18 1stR for the move, with Bledsoe to DET and their '19 1stR coming to PHX.

Not a bad offer, and maybe something better could be in the horizont, if we are willing to swallow a bad three year contract.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Why would the pelicans take jackson when they have Holiday and Rondo? Not that Rondo is a long term fit or even healthy, but do they see Holiday as a 2? Not sure those pieces fit.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Why would the pelicans take jackson when they have Holiday and Rondo? Not that Rondo is a long term fit or even healthy, but do they see Holiday as a 2? Not sure those pieces fit.
Who knows and who cares. Apparently they tried to trade for him during the past deadline. Jrue is very injury prone, Rondo is also a question mark and they have basically nothing at SG so my guess is that they are interested in a 2-PG system. Not that Jackson is reliable, but If they want to pay their '18 pick, by all means enable them. Asik has a three year contract, like Knight, but if you truly are in for the rebuild, it is not a problem and actually can come in handy to use as trading chips once they become expiring, which coincides with Booker's max contract.