College Basketball: 2015-2016

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: College Basketball: 2015-2016

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Age might deter some, but I really think Buddy Hield should be a candidate at 12/14 Wiz pick.

I really have to start boning up on the euro prospects, outside of Bender haven't read or seen footage of anyone else.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Hield is tearing it up, but my concern is not age but size. 6'4, strictly a SG.

Dunn's highlights are tantalizing, but yeah turnovers are not going to be shown there. His shot falls often enough, but I don't like the apparent lack of a left hand whrn he drives. Still, with an aggressive mindset there could be some Westbrook here.

Take a look at Korkmaz for international prospects.
[youtube][/youtube]

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Hield is tearing it up, but my concern is not age but size. 6'4, strictly a SG.

Dunn's highlights are tantalizing, but yeah turnovers are not going to be shown there. His shot falls often enough, but I don't like the apparent lack of a left hand whrn he drives. Still, with an aggressive mindset there could be some Westbrook here.

Take a look at Korkmaz for international prospects.
[youtube][/youtube]
I was hoping we'd be lucky enough to grab a 4 with a top pick and a PG with our mid-first, but I don't think there are any strong playmaking PGs to be had in that range. We'd be better served taking a PG at the end of the first or in the second round.

Furkan is one herky-jerky player. McD drafts BPA, as we know. But can we really afford another young wing on this roster, with Devin, Archie, Bogdan and TJ already here? I don't think McD would hesitate for a second if he thinks he's BPA.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

This team is in a dangerous spot. The simple fact is that we cannot add 4 rookies (3 picks plus Bogdan) to a roster that features Booker, Len, TJ and Archie. Then we also have the future Miami picks.

To me, a trade or multiple trades is inevitable.

I am not sure trading Knight away is worth it either. He can come off the bench. It might be worth it if we could package Knight and picks for an under 27 year old established star.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JCSunsfan wrote:This team is in a dangerous spot. The simple fact is that we cannot add 4 rookies (3 picks plus Bogdan) to a roster that features Booker, Len, TJ and Archie. Then we also have the future Miami picks.

I am not sure trading Knight away is worth it either. He can come off the bench. It might be worth it if we could package Knight and picks for an under 27 year old established star.
I don't mind having that problem. We'll be able to make a trade for a future pick or valuable player.

Is Bogdan coming to the NBA next year?

I don't think Knight will be okay with coming off the bench. It might be an IT situation all over again. I think if that's our goal for him, we should just trade him.

carey

Post by carey »

I think Bogdan will wait the 2 more years and then negotiate above the rookie scale.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I guess we should talk about what everyone thinks about Jamal Murray now since he is a guard coming out of Kentucky. We all know how we like our Kentucky guards.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Those concerned about Simmons demeanor and attitude getting more ammo tonight. He is having a terrible game vs Tennesee where he really looks like he doesn't give a crap. 5 Turns, terrible D, Sitting alone during timeouts. But the back story here is he was benched to start the game due to what LSU's coach is calling "Academic issues". I'll be interested to see how the rest of this year goes. He's sucha a great prospect in terms of skill and how his body is developed, in between the ears is the biggest question mark.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

carey wrote:I think Bogdan will wait the 2 more years and then negotiate above the rookie scale.
2 more years. Guessing he would get packaged in a trade in that scenario. Don't know if he has the high level of upside for a 4 year wait. Doubt sarver is that patient

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Age might deter some, but I really think Buddy Hield should be a candidate at 12/14 Wiz pick.

I really have to start boning up on the euro prospects, outside of Bender haven't read or seen footage of anyone else.
the guy can certainly shoot. Are we not doubling up then at SG too much then. Given their size, you couldn't play him and booker together.

There seems to be plenty of size out there. We could really use an elite PF prospect. Who are people liking there? Bender just looks way too skinny to play PF initially

a passing pg later in the draft would be nice also. Since there is some size in this draft I don't mind having another C prospect to go with our aging and injury prone ones. Would have plenty of time and good mentoring available to develop

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Just signed Phil Pressey who is actually very good at distributing. He is also pesky defensively.

carey

Post by carey »

PF prospects outside the top 2 are Ellenson, Skal, Rabb and Sabonis.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

carey wrote:PF prospects outside the top 2 are Ellenson, Skal, Rabb and Sabonis.
seen a bit of sabonis. which do you like carey?

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

JCSunsfan wrote:Just signed Phil Pressey who is actually very good at distributing. He is also pesky defensively.
looks like they confirmed archie is not a full time pg as watsons post game comments seemed to indicate also

carey

Post by carey »

Danimal wrote:
carey wrote:PF prospects outside the top 2 are Ellenson, Skal, Rabb and Sabonis.
seen a bit of sabonis. which do you like carey?
All 4 of them are interesting and very different. Rabb and Skal are pretty far from contributing in the NBA, but hey, I thought the same thing about Gobert when I saw his videos before the draft. Sometimes these college coaches don't bring out the best in a player. Sabonis is really interesting in the late lottery. He uses both hands effectively and is already very good at keeping the ball high and going right to the basket. Something Len still hasn't learned to do consistently. Ellenson is hard to figure out. He lost a lot of weight and is kind of a face up post player. He does bang inside but does not play above the rim. Very fundamentally sound. I think he would be the safest of the 4 but least likely to be a home run.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Sabonis seems like a safe contributor to me. He is a position rebounder. He plays strong. He has quick feet even if his not much of a jumper. He plays with a very high motor.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would love to get Sabonis. I don't closely follow college hoops but every time I have seen Sabonis it just looked like he has "it" and will be a stud in the NBA.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:I would love to get Sabonis. I don't closely follow college hoops but every time I have seen Sabonis it just looked like he has "it" and will be a stud in the NBA.
Yeah. Not sure what "it" is. He doesn't look like a guy who is just dominant at that level. He looks like his brain is engaged, he is focused, and he could do what he does anywhere.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JCSunsfan wrote:This team is in a dangerous spot. The simple fact is that we cannot add 4 rookies (3 picks plus Bogdan) to a roster that features Booker, Len, TJ and Archie. Then we also have the future Miami picks.

"We can't add x rookies to the roster" is becoming the yearly draft motto of this franchise. Such arbitrary and misguided rules is just another log on the ineptitude fire.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:

"We can't add x rookies to the roster" is becoming the yearly draft motto of this franchise. Such arbitrary and misguided rules is just another log on the ineptitude fire.
Word.