If it were up to you, would you keep Knight or Bledsoe...

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: If it were up to you, would you keep Knight or Bledsoe..

Post by JCSunsfan »

OE32 wrote:Houston's got nothing we want. Y'all should calm down about trading our guards.
Not recommending it. Just saying that Houston would be pushing for it. I am convinced of that.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Harden is Houston's pg. They have the right complement to Harden already in Beverley. Methinks Houston's real problem, besides on-court effort, is their training staff.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They also have a group of players who are mostly knuckleheads, and their big star didn't do anything over the offseason to improve his game, or even stay in shape. Bad roster all around.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Their big star hooked up with the Kardashian family... does that count?

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Indy wrote:
3. I would bet that if we are actually in trade negotiations with Houston, they are desperately trying to find a way to pry one of these two away from us in the deal. They need a pg desperately.
You really think so? I don't see them wanting to give up much to bring in a PG that won't touch the ball. Neither are good spot up shooters, so it just doesn't seem like a good fit. And neither are good passers in the paint, so that does't help either.
Why would you say they are not good spot up shooters? Both are shooting 39% from the 3 which is very good.
Indy wrote:Watch them shoot. They are more rhythm shooters. There are probably advanced stats that show their % with spot up versus dribbles.
Data from SportVU:

BK--47.3% for pull up (dribbling first, outside of 10 feet)
BK--57.9% for catch and shoot (hold <2 sec, no dribble, >10ft)--This is great. I was way off on this with him.

EB--53.4% for pull up
EB--42.7 for catch and shoot--much worse than his pull up.
Last edited by Indy on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Knight should be ok alongside a ball dominant SG like Harden, or off the bench as a super 6th man a la prime Jason Terry. He is an executor. Making an offense work is a different matter.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Agreed Ring.

I kind of like the idea of starting Booker and bringing Knight off the bench as our assassin.

Indy

Post by Indy »

By the way, that SportVU data is fun to dig through.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:Agreed Ring.

I kind of like the idea of starting Booker and bringing Knight off the bench as our assassin.
Bledsoe can be Joe Dumars, Booker can be Isiah Thomas, and Knight can be Vinny Johnson. Yeah, I know Booker is a long way from that level. I am just talking about roles.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:I kind of like the idea of starting Booker and bringing Knight off the bench as our assassin.
Are you talking about someday, or now?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Indy wrote:I kind of like the idea of starting Booker and bringing Knight off the bench as our assassin.
As soon as the Keef trade happens. You start #1, #2, #12, #30 and #21. #3 is offense off the bench, along with PJ for defense. Then you have Tele and Chandler, depending on match ups. And then we need to decide about Archie and whomever we get back in the trade.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Indy wrote:Agreed Ring.

Bledsoe can be Joe Dumars, Booker can be Isiah Thomas, and Knight can be Vinny Johnson. Yeah, I know Booker is a long way from that level. I am just talking about roles.
Similar, but yes.

And this isn't my idea. Chambers mentioned it on a post-game or pre-game show recently. I didn't see him say it, but I heard someone talk about how he said it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And if you can find a why to genetically blend Alex, Chandler, and Tele you would get Laimbeer.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
As soon as the Keef trade happens.
I don't get it. What does one have to do with the other?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
As soon as the Keef trade happens.
I don't get it. What does one have to do with the other?
It is an excuse to shake up the lineup (especially if we can trade PJ with him). That way it doesn't look like it is the only change (benching Knight). I have been an advocate for getting rid of both our PGs, but Knight first. I actually think that if his contract is reasonable after the new cap comes in, he could be a really great 6th man.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Knight keeps throwing his head up and flailing when he gets a bit of contact while driving. He is getting the calls for that sometimes but other times he flails about so much he ends up losing the ball. I wish he would stop with the theatrics and just concentrate on getting to the basket and making the right play.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

EDC wrote:Knight keeps throwing his head up and flailing when he gets a bit of contact while driving. He is getting the calls for that sometimes but other times he flails about so much he ends up losing the ball. I wish he would stop with the theatrics and just concentrate on getting to the basket and making the right play.
He also seems to lose the ball 2-3 times a game trying to split defenders.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:Knight keeps throwing his head up and flailing when he gets a bit of contact while driving. He is getting the calls for that sometimes but other times he flails about so much he ends up losing the ball. I wish he would stop with the theatrics and just concentrate on getting to the basket and making the right play.
Harden gets away with it. Why not Brandon?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Add in theatrics once you start making your layups.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Add in theatrics once you start making your layups.
Well said. I think in this case Harden's strength is way underestimated. He can take contact and still finish layups seemingly with his fingertips through the slimmest of windows, whereas Knight gets the tiniest bump and next thing you know, he is legitimately out of bounds from the contact, and the flailing just makes refs think that he's making this shit up.