Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:Phoenix Suns get: David Lee, Ty Lawson, Jared Sullinger, James Young, 2016 first round picks of Dallas Mavericks (top 7 protected) and Boston Celtics own 2016 draft pick. Also, they get the Brooklyn Nets 2018 unprotected draft pick.
In exchange for Bledsoe, Chandler, Tucker and Markieff? Want none of that.

Filler contracts, one impending hot potato contract wise in Sullinger, James Young (yet another Kentucky product), two 2016 mid 1stR and who knows what in 2018.

Switch Bledsoe for Knight or surrender BRY's 2016 pick, keep the rest and save yourself Young. Give me Olynyk instead of Sully no matter what.

Crazy scenario for sure.
They get to start again with some quality pieces and cap space, with draft picks that can allow them to draft a franchise player.
Suuuuure.

Come on now.
Last edited by Ring_Wanted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Wow, what's your take on Olynyk Ring? You are that high on him?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

My take is that although flawed, still soft and an 'old rookie', not many guys his size have that shooting touch and generally advanced fundamentals. Not that I am that high on him per se, but I want guys capable of making smart plays and playing 'the right way', not more questionable character stuff like Sully's obesity tendencies and proneness to take the lazy shot instead of working hard for his baskets.

Pairing Olynyk with Len makes a ton of sense, just like putting Booker alongside Bledsoe (but not next to Knight).

As much as anything, having to pay Sullinger a new age cap contract scares the crap out of me (same with Terrence Jones), but I believe Olynyk's deal would be much more manageable.

carey

Post by carey »

That has to be proposed by a RealGM poster or something. Jaysus. Any trade that ships out Bledsoe, Markieff and two other starters that doesn't involve a top 5 pick is .... eh, whatever. It's just dumb.

Sounds like Weems is being traded Tuesday or maybe even outright released for a roster spot. He looked overwhelmed here. FWIW, I do think he could eventually settle down and play better, but the Suns aren't good enough to have the luxury of waiting for that to happen. As it is, we are 3 games below 500. If we're going to throw someone out there and watch them struggle so they can improve it has to be one of our young guys.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

JaMychal who? We surely do better than that can't we?
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

JaMychal Green? He's a 3/4 on Memphis. Liked him in college, could be a late bloomer. Draymond Green type.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Well hopefully he is a late bloomer because I remember watching him in college and was pretty unimpressed. Zero motor, and made alot of stupid plays. That Alabama team was a mess for awhile when he played though. Alot of talent but coaches couldn't get through to them. Several transfers as well if I recall.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:My take is that although flawed, still soft and an 'old rookie', not many guys his size have that shooting touch and generally advanced fundamentals. Not that I am that high on him per se, but I want guys capable of making smart plays and playing 'the right way', not more questionable character stuff like Sully's obesity tendencies and proneness to take the lazy shot instead of working hard for his baskets.

Pairing Olynyk with Len makes a ton of sense, just like putting Booker alongside Bledsoe (but not next to Knight).

As much as anything, having to pay Sullinger a new age cap contract scares the crap out of me (same with Terrence Jones), but I believe Olynyk's deal would be much more manageable.
Why is it that Olynyk reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite? I think it might be the muscle tone.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/12/14/phoeni ... tuation/5/

Speculates that Markieff is not playing and happy because the deal is already done and he is a peace with it.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The only thing I'm wondering is if they announce it today or tomorrow.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Maybe we can change the team name to the Phoenix Roster Shake Ups. Phoenix Shake for short. Kinda has a nice ring to it right?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is if they announce it today or tomorrow.
I don't think you can announce a deal before the deal is legal to make.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Shabazz wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is if they announce it today or tomorrow.
9 PM PST today it's legal. Although I was more referring to when the news leaks.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Steven Kyler said nothing is lined up and it's too early to make a deal anyways.

Not sure I agree that it's too early.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Kyler doesn't know anything.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How I feel about Kieff:

[youtube][/youtube]

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/TasMelas/status/676172790425260032

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:

https://twitter.com/TasMelas/status/676172790425260032

Len needs to get rid of that stache--or grow a full beard. Oh, and typical Talking Stick lower bowl fan there.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
9 PM PST today it's legal. Although I was more referring to when the news leaks.
I'm looking forward to coming to the site and seeing the new Kieff traded thread with the details.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I'm looking forward to coming to the site and seeing the new Kieff traded thread with the details.
I suspect you won't have to wait long