Game Day: Suns (12-17) @ Jazz (11-14), Mon 12/21/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day: Suns (12-17) @ Jazz (11-14), Mon 12/21/15

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:I'm not mad we lost; we suck. We'll lose a lot. I'm mad that they play Booker only 13 minutes, Len 17, and M******f M****s (yes, he's getting the asterisk treatment from now on from me) 21 minutes. Trade this bum already.

Bledsoe 2-10, ugh.

I continue to assert that we are a dumb team, an unintelligent team, and that this is the root of our problems. Who is the most intelligent player on the roster? Who is the most intelligent person in the Suns organization top-to-bottom?
Devin Booker and Aaron Nelson. Easily.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Watching Knight and Bledsoe throw lobs or a pick n roll pass should be accompanied by some sort of soundtrack that they use when 30 clowns come out of a clown car.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Benny Hill Theme maybe...

There's also this from Andy Larsen:
Jeff Hornacek usually is one of the most fun coach interviews in the league, but tonight he looked beaten down before and after the game.
I'd love to know if there was any catalyst that led to the lineup change. I could see PJ being regarded as ineffective and us needing some more size and scoring at the SF spot and going with Warren. But you're 80mil guard you traded for and re-signed being asked/told to come off the bench? Not a good sign, especially when Knight is regarded as a high character, hard working young player. I doubt he's the type to mouth off, blow off a team meeting, show up late to practice and be a headache. If this is Hornacek looking for answers and thinking Knight off the bench is a solution, I'd expect some major changes coming.

I'm not saying I'm against it, especially if it leads to a more traditional/balanced lineup with Bledsoe and Booker in the backcourt. But I'd love to see what the scenarios would be for a Knight trade.

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

I would rather trade Bledsoe, but the idea is the same.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Figured I'd log on to toss my 2 cents in - it's the only thing I have left to toss since supper involuntarily vacated during last night's "game".

In concert with Mori, this team is not only dumb - it's *painfully* stupid. Everyone's winging it with 2 point guards who can't find their asses with both hands and a flashlight when it comes to lobs and pick & roll. It's all "drive and pray", with a pre-requisite of jumping in the fucking air before making a pass that *nobody* is ready for. It's like they average 5-6 assists a game on pure luck - I mean, a fucking celebration is warranted whenever a Bledsoe or Knight pass finds its mark because it's become an event that's rarer than Haley's Comet.

So what's the problem? Is the coaching staff sitting there sucking their thumbs or do the players not know how to run a play or are the players tuning out the staff or what? The team I saw in pre-season (smart playmaking from almost everyone, massive hustle, awesome movement off the ball, good defense and good overall awareness) is nothing like the team I've been seeing for the past month - it's like everyone's playing stoned, not giving a shit about anything. A malaise of sorts. I can take losses, but these guys are playing with zero energy or pride. It's more than some "funk" and it's more than Hornacek "trying to find the right mix".

And don't get me started on Markieff. Either Marcus left town with 3/4 of his brother's brain cells or the motherfucker's on a bookie's payroll.

I've got nothing else - no words can describe exactly how much of a laughing stock this team has made themselves. It's mind-numbing how the entire team (even Booker) has drawn themselves into a black hole. I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've been watching basketball. It's absolutely sickening to watch this team actively piss away games.....

carey

Post by carey »

Suns are now 1 game out of the bottom 5 & having a top 5 pick.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I agree with all of that Swing. Every time I watch I find myself saying, "There's no way this team practices, right?" It's like they're playing together for the first time every game. I play basketball 1 day a week and have better chemistry with my teammates than this team.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:Suns are now 1 game out of the bottom 5 & having a top 5 pick.
This is the perfect year for tanking. We have the underachieving team, the kids to develop, even the expiring head coach.

And it is also perfect for selling players since so many teams are trying to compete, especially in the East.

Besides Simmons there is a lot to like at the top of the 2016 draft. Brandon Ingram, Skal Labissiere, Ivan Rabb plus international prospects (Bender, Korkmaz, Sabonis).

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I'll pass on any Kentucky players who aren't projected number 1 picks. Towns and Unibrow are franchise players but they rest of the kids haven't impressed me much at the next level for the most part. Can't imagine why I'd feel that way.

Cap

Post by Cap »

djy2j wrote:I'll pass on any Kentucky players who aren't projected number 1 picks. Towns and Unibrow are franchise players but they rest of the kids haven't impressed me much at the next level for the most part.
Don't forget John Wall, another #1 pick.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
This is the perfect year for tanking. We have the underachieving team, the kids to develop, even the expiring head coach.

And it is also perfect for selling players since so many teams are trying to compete, especially in the East.

Besides Simmons there is a lot to like at the top of the 2016 draft. Brandon Ingram, Skal Labissiere, Ivan Rabb plus international prospects (Bender, Korkmaz, Sabonis).
Sounds like a great idea but I've lost all confidence in this front office to do what's right. One mind numbing move after another has been its forte.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Cap wrote:
djy2j wrote:I'll pass on any Kentucky players who aren't projected number 1 picks. Towns and Unibrow are franchise players but they rest of the kids haven't impressed me much at the next level for the most part.
Don't forget John Wall, another #1 pick.
Noted. Took him awhile to blossom but looks solid now.

Guys like Daniel Orton, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague come to mind as busts. Underwhelming have been MGK, Noel in the fact that they are very one dimensional. Goodwin and James Young, jury still out but looking like nothing special.

Bledsoe and Knight are in their own weird category that currently lacks any sort of label other than WTF

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I think Bledsoe's effort has really stuck out these last few games. Early in the year, he was all over the place. Now he's pretty nonchalant. You want an explanation for those extreme +/- numbers, I think it's right there.

Between Knight and Bledsoe, I'm in favor of trading Bledsoe. He has higher value, and I'm convinced that Knight's defensive woes have more to do with him playing the two than his actual abilities on that end.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

iLLmatic wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:

Sounds like a great idea but I've lost all confidence in this front office to do what's right. One mind numbing move after another has been its forte.
We know Sarver wants to win so it's not out of question that they make a move to bring in a vet who supposedly helps make the playoffs given how cheap they look in the West this season, but this dumb ball is beyond repair I am afraid.

At least one of the PGs would have to be sold, plus of course Kieff-Tucker, and in exchange the Suns would need to get high IQ no-nosense guys basically at every position but center. Then getting everything to click. Then not being too late to qualify.

Stupidly improbable.

McD surely has to see this (and it wouldn't be the first time he ammends an own mistake). Sarver is another story, but much like in Steve Kerr's case, part of the GM job is getting through the owner's skull to make sign off for the right direction.

Really, just clean the house, take a real blow in the W-L column, get a top5 pick.

Next summer a ton of options open up, including moving said pick for a real vet talent.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

OE32 wrote:Between Knight and Bledsoe, I'm in favor of trading Bledsoe. He has higher value, and I'm convinced that Knight's defensive woes have more to do with him playing the two than his actual abilities on that end.
My options are trading Knight or trading both. Want nothing to do with Knight at the helm.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

If we blow this thing up, Chandler has to be moved. Len has to play. It's that simple.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

“I just work here, man,” Tucker said. “Just doing whatever I’m told. It’s not a regular thing but if they feel like changing me is going to help us win, then I’m all for it. I have to adjust and figure out another way like I always do. I don’t know what we’re trying to do, period. Whatever they want me to do as a Phoenix Sun, I’ll do. I don’t know anything right now. I’m just going out there and playing as hard as I can.”
I found the bold part interesting. Is the coaching staff not communicating to the players? Is there confusion on roles, responsibilities?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Bledsoe has great shot blocking instincts and is a pretty decent rebounder. His passing skills are horrible and his ball handling is sub par. He's a center stuck in a PG body so that should be an easy fix :lol:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

OE32 wrote:If we blow this thing up, Chandler has to be moved. Len has to play. It's that simple.
Chandler is the least of our concerns. Len is already a better player and needs a backup anyway. It's a matter of time before Len becomes the starter for good.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SwingMan wrote:Figured I'd log on to toss my 2 cents in - it's the only thing I have left to toss since supper involuntarily vacated during last night's "game".

In concert with Mori, this team is not only dumb - it's *painfully* stupid. Everyone's winging it with 2 point guards who can't find their asses with both hands and a flashlight when it comes to lobs and pick & roll. It's all "drive and pray", with a pre-requisite of jumping in the fucking air before making a pass that *nobody* is ready for. It's like they average 5-6 assists a game on pure luck - I mean, a fucking celebration is warranted whenever a Bledsoe or Knight pass finds its mark because it's become an event that's rarer than Haley's Comet.

So what's the problem? Is the coaching staff sitting there sucking their thumbs or do the players not know how to run a play or are the players tuning out the staff or what? The team I saw in pre-season (smart playmaking from almost everyone, massive hustle, awesome movement off the ball, good defense and good overall awareness) is nothing like the team I've been seeing for the past month - it's like everyone's playing stoned, not giving a shit about anything. A malaise of sorts. I can take losses, but these guys are playing with zero energy or pride. It's more than some "funk" and it's more than Hornacek "trying to find the right mix".

And don't get me started on Markieff. Either Marcus left town with 3/4 of his brother's brain cells or the motherfucker's on a bookie's payroll.

I've got nothing else - no words can describe exactly how much of a laughing stock this team has made themselves. It's mind-numbing how the entire team (even Booker) has drawn themselves into a black hole. I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've been watching basketball. It's absolutely sickening to watch this team actively piss away games.....
Good to see you, Swing. Hope you're having a good Christmas season. (Outside of having to watch the Phoenix Duhs, I mean.) The team really is unintelligent. It's hard to watch.

We'll have to throw a virtual party when they finally ship Markieff's lazy ass out of town.

#Malaise2.0