Game Day: Suns (12-21) @ Spurs (27-6), Wed 12/30/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Game Day: Suns (12-21) @ Spurs (27-6), Wed 12/30/15

Post by INFORMER »

The Bobster wrote:I guess LaMarcus Aldridge is probably pretty happy about his decision.
The Suns should be too. LMA isn't going to carry a franchise. Bringing him here would have locked the Suns into being the sixth seed for next few years. That's a short-term improvement, of course, but hardly the move to make if you are trying to build a champion.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Yup.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
The Bobster wrote:I guess LaMarcus Aldridge is probably pretty happy about his decision.
The Suns should be too. LMA isn't going to carry a franchise. Bringing him here would have locked the Suns into being the sixth seed for next few years. That's a short-term improvement, of course, but hardly the move to make if you are trying to build a champion.
But we clearly aren't trying to do that (or at least not in a smart way). I think if we had him we might be more likely to part with Keef and PJ, though.

In the end, I think I am happy we didn't get any more long term commitments outside of Knight. And I really, really hope we find a way to ship out Keef, PJ, Bleds and Knight. At this point, I would be happy getting back a decent expiring contract, a 1st rounder, and a run-of-the-mill PF. If we were to include Tele or TC in that, I would want something else too.

I realize they are worth more than that, but sometimes you take what makes sense for you, regardless of how it looks to the other team.