Game Day: Hawks (26-18) @ Suns (13-31), Sat 1/23/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Game Day: Hawks (26-18) @ Suns (13-31), Sat 1/23/16

Post by INFORMER »

The Bobster wrote:You have to feel good for Archie - he hasn't gotten a lot of chances to play important minutes and he really came through tonight when he got an opportunity.
I do hope the Suns move Knight before the deadline and let Goodwin start the rest of the season. Maybe that will up his value and they can use him as a trade chip on draft night.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And how about Chandler with the monster Suns' record tying 27 boards? And Suns record breaking two consecutive 20 rebound games?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I'm not joking - Alex looked great at the 4 defensively. With another center back there, he could challenge the shooters on the 3 point line and stay in front of his man on the perimeter. Playing Chandler and Len together just really works defensively and on the boards. And if Alex is able to take those mid-range jumpers confidently, then we really have something here.

Best game of the season, imo!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I would of preferred to lose.....but good for Archie.

TC with the nice 27 Reb effort.

Warrens 16mins are hard to stomach. Really hope we move tuck at the deadline. He should be the easiest to move actually...
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Len in last three games - 11.7 Pts, 10.7 Reb
Chandler in last three games - 8.0 Pts, 20.7 Reb
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I would of preferred to lose.....but good for Archie.

TC with the nice 27 Reb effort.

Warrens 16mins are hard to stomach. Really hope we move tuck at the deadline. He should be the easiest to move actually...
NO WAY can I complain about Tuck or anyone who else who played after this GRITTY win. If we can play similarly the rest of the season, we'll still end up with a terrible record. I loved it!! GO SUNS!!!!!

Cap

Post by Cap »

That was a feel-good win.

Post-game interview:
Leander: What did this shot, I mean talk about it unfolding too, because did Jeff just put the ball in your hands and say, "Create"?

Goodwin: No, actually the play was for Alex but I already knew I wasn't going to pass it to him. That was the play, and I said I knew that I could, I have enough confidence in myself to make that shot. So I went into it, came off the screen, just got separation and gave it with the shot with confidence and the win.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Cap wrote:That was a feel-good win.

Post-game interview:
Leander: What did this shot, I mean talk about it unfolding too, because did Jeff just put the ball in your hands and say, "Create"?

Goodwin: No, actually the play was for Alex but I already knew I wasn't going to pass it to him. That was the play, and I said I knew that I could, I have enough confidence in myself to make that shot. So I went into it, came off the screen, just got separation and gave it with the shot with confidence and the win.
The kid has a great game and he has to say something like this. Basically saying he had no intentions of listening to Coach and the play he drew up.

Why would he say that? Just a really dumb way to say you have confidence in yourself while at the same time saying you know better than the coach. Not very bright at all.

Things like this make it easier to understand why he hasn't gotten many chances.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

great shot by Archie, but really dumb if coach called a play and he blew him off.
~~~~~

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Roto says Hornecek said he drew the play up for him. I dunno....
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I do want us to lose most of our remaining games. But it feels good to get a win where Archie and the young guys play so well. This one was fun to watch, and that's a rare thing this season.

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote: Things like this make it easier to understand why he hasn't gotten many chances.
It also kind of underscores what people have been saying about the players not running Hornacek's plays and in some instances not even understanding them. I know Robot and others think it's a load of bull, but I buy it. That isn't me giving Hornacek a pass. He hasn't been good. Would he do better with a collection of smarter / better players? No doubt in my mind. Look at Gentry falling on his face in NOLA trying to get guys with minimal brainpower to run his offense. Tyreke, Eric Gordon, Jrue... they are killing that offense. Does anyone really feel like Gentry is not a good coach?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

With Chandler and Len looking decent together, I don't think there's any reason to play Kieff again this season, assuming Leuer's healthy.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Well. Great game young man but I don't want you on this team if you are not going to play team ball.

Maybe this is what Calipari was talking about when he said "I can't coach you"

Is it any wonder that the bigs are frustrated. Every guard on this team save Booker wants to play hero ball.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

JCSunsfan wrote:Well. Great game young man but I don't want you on this team if you are not going to play team ball.

Is it any wonder that the bigs are frustrated. Every guard on this team save Booker wants to play hero ball.
I don't like the quote either, but Archie plays within our offense, and I could not say that of either Bledsoe or Knight.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
The Bobster wrote:You have to feel good for Archie - he hasn't gotten a lot of chances to play important minutes and he really came through tonight when he got an opportunity.
I do hope the Suns move Knight before the deadline and let Goodwin start the rest of the season. Maybe that will up his value and they can use him as a trade chip on draft night.
Pretty much this.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

OE32 wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Well. Great game young man but I don't want you on this team if you are not going to play team ball.

I don't like the quote either, but Archie plays within our offense, and I could not say that of either Bledsoe or Knight.
He is just not very smart. The fact is that Len was not open up top and he did the right thing given the circumstances. But he said he never had any intention of running the play. THAT Is the problem.

Even if he had no intention of running the play, he did not have to SAY it. He went from looking brilliant to insubordinate with one little comment. He is not a smart man.

EDC

Post by EDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Pretty much this.
I wish it would happen but our front office has been slow to react that I'm not sure they still know how. It would be amazing if we traded away one of our guards or maybe even both. It is hard to tell. Maybe they just need the right coach? Way too many variables going on.

All I know is that with our current offensive system I would rather watch the younger guys play.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I wouldn't mind running with Bledsoe, Booker and Bogdan next season. Hell I would roll with Booker, Bogdan, a rookie and price. I just want to see some play making from our guards. Not to mention we have a lot of money tied up in guards.

If we could turn Bledsoe, Knight and Kieff into 2 good picks under 15 in the draft I would be pretty happy. Even if it means taking on a bad contract or two that isn't any longer than 2 years.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

EDC wrote:I wouldn't mind running with Bledsoe, Booker and Archie next season.
FTFY.