Suns News: Week 15 2/1-2/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Suns News: Week 15 2/1-2/7

Post by JCSunsfan »

So all Kieff needed was a hug? Wow, now I know why Sarver hired Watson. Hugs are cheap.

I think markieff picture is in the definition of "unprofessional" in the dictionary.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good Bickley article. The title says it all: Hot-mess Phoenix Suns need a better plan

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /79718728/
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm glad the local media is not giving Sarver and McDonough a pass. Gotta hold these guys accountable for the mess they've made.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I have less blame to place on McD about Keef still being here. I get the sense that we have had many offers and Sarver wasn't willing to bite the bullet and realize we aren't getting back equal value.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And honestly, that is a huge reason this season has been so awful.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Will Sarver ever learn not to be a meddlesome owner? He clearly doesn't know what he's doing and is far too involved in day to day operations. God, I wish we could go back in time and show Mr. Jerry C. the future. I currently don't have any hope for turning things around as long as Sarver is running the show. He has been very slow on the uptake on what it takes to be a good NBA owner. I don't have any confidence in that changing anytime soon.

"Be Legendary."

EDC

Post by EDC »

Start with Ryan McDonough, who has never looked more uncomfortable. He claims it was his decision to pitch Hornacek’s firing to owner Robert Sarver. But what GM fires a coach, and then conducts interviews of coaching candidates already on his staff? With the owner present?

Same deal with the firing of Hornacek’s remaining two assistants, which happened earlier in the season. That curious move was also preceded by a series of player interviews with the GM and the owner.

I don't think we have much chance of him sitting back and letting the GM do his job.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:
Start with Ryan McDonough, who has never looked more uncomfortable. He claims it was his decision to pitch Hornacek’s firing to owner Robert Sarver. But what GM fires a coach, and then conducts interviews of coaching candidates already on his staff? With the owner present?

Same deal with the firing of Hornacek’s remaining two assistants, which happened earlier in the season. That curious move was also preceded by a series of player interviews with the GM and the owner.

I don't think we have much chance of him sitting back and letting the GM do his job.
Nope. :(

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Indy wrote:I have less blame to place on McD about Keef still being here. I get the sense that we have had many offers and Sarver wasn't willing to bite the bullet and realize we aren't getting back equal value.

This is where I detect the grubby little mitts of Lon Babby still pulling some strings.
Not to get all Oliver Stone about this, but I think he still has a lot of pull with Sarver.
Not that this absolves golden boy of any blame ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Per Marc Stein, Toronto is interested in PJ Tucker. I'd happily take Bruno Caboclo and call it a day.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Shabazz wrote:Per Marc Stein, Toronto is interested in PJ Tucker. I'd happily take Bruno Caboclo and call it a day.
I will give them Weems and Tucker for the Knicks pick. I would take whatever bad contracts they have etc.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sarver is the rotten core of it all. He weighs our franchise down from the top. Need to get him out before we can ever win a title.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Toronto is interested in Kieff too per Stein.

Wow...Kieffs huge game against a team he makes sense for may of instantly improved hs trade value.
Doesn't Toronto have the Knicks 1st rd pick? That could be a late lotto pick. I'd take that and Patrick Patterson.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Lets be serious though here too....Kief and Tucker would definitely help Toronto. I actually think it would be a good trade for the Raptors too. Good trade all around....which means it won't happen.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

LazarusLong wrote:
Indy wrote:I have less blame to place on McD about Keef still being here. I get the sense that we have had many offers and Sarver wasn't willing to bite the bullet and realize we aren't getting back equal value.

This is where I detect the grubby little mitts of Lon Babby still pulling some strings.
Not to get all Oliver Stone about this, but I think he still has a lot of pull with Sarver.
I still disagree with this. I still think that the offers we had for Kieff were low ball offers and he thought we could get more value for a guy who had been outplaying his contract. We still may...

This whole "how is he still on the team" bit some guys keep saying I don't buy. He's still on the team because we were offered sh!t for him and the front office thinks we can get more. They may be proved right in the next few weeks.

The roster was flawed wih or without Kieffs crappy-ness. They have absolutely no inside presence and once their best perimitter player went down...that took as from late lotto to high lotto.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:

I still disagree with this. I still think that the offers we had for Kieff were low ball offers and he thought we could get more value for a guy who had been outplaying his contract. We still may...

This whole "how is he still on the team" bit some guys keep saying I don't buy. He's still on the team because we were offered sh!t for him and the front office thinks we can get more. They may be proved right in the next few weeks.

The roster was flawed wih or without Kieffs crappy-ness. They have absolutely no inside presence and once their best perimitter player went down...that took as from late lotto to high lotto.
Who cares if they're lowball offers though? He should've been traded in the off-season for whatever we could get for him. If there's a cancerous tumor it should be removed, otherwise you risk the chance of it spreading to other lymph-nodes in the body.

I still think Kieff will be on here after the trade deadline because of that very dumbass way of thinking that the front office has, that we can get better value for him. This organization has some fundamental flaws with their way of thinking and it starts at the top.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I actually agree with you on this even though I have sometimes been one of the people saying, "Why is he still on this team?" I think trading a guy when his value is low isn't good practice. Holding on for a few months to get a much better deal is a patient and wise strategy, even though I haven't enjoyed having him here on the roster. It all comes down to what we get for him by the Feb 15 trade deadline.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

We just disagree. I think if you have an asset you try to get the best offer possible. People around here act like Kieff derailed a championship team. Once Bledsoe went down this team had absolutely no shot at a playoff spot. With Bledsoe they had a shot at no higher then the 7th seed. I dislike Morris as much as others do, due to his actions and play, But if I am being honest this notion that he tanked the season is pretty ridiculous. We weren't good enough coming in. He still has a very good contract and you don't trade someone when their value is at an all-time low. Dude has 1 good game and already you're hearing whispers of teams sniffing around him. The wolves are in a similar situation with Kevin Martin and their just waiting for the right deal.

Difference of opinion, and that's fine.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Mori Chu wrote:
I actually agree with you on this even though I have sometimes been one of the people saying, "Why is he still on this team?" I think trading a guy when his value is low isn't good practice. Holding on for a few months to get a much better deal is a patient and wise strategy, even though I haven't enjoyed having him here on the roster. It all comes down to what we get for him by the Feb 15 trade deadline.
Head coach be damned.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mori Chu wrote:
Agreed. How does it harm you? Make us lose more? For as big of an a$$ he was in the off-season, really everything i've read has him being a good teammate during the year. Watch Mirza and Goodwins game winners this year and look at his reaction.