Game Day: Warriors (47-4) @ Suns (14-39), Wed 2/10/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Game Day: Warriors (47-4) @ Suns (14-39), Wed 2/10/16

Post by Wally_West »

Yep, I agree with iLLmatic. Markieff has been in the league for awhile now, this can't be the first time someone in the stands yelled some cramp at him. Who cares? You get paid millions of dollars, you have nice ass car, and a big ass house, who cares what some random dude says in the stands? Grow up.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Positives: Markieff played "well" I guess? Well enough to increase his trade value that is. Goodwin and Booker (Backcourt 2016!) had decent games.

Negatives: Markieff fights with Archie on bench. Ugh. GET HIM OFF THIS TEAM.
Keef had every right to be screaming at Archie for being so lazy. I know it is hypocritical of him, but he was still right.
Eh, I really don't think he does, especially if he is going to get violent like that to prove his point. I know he is technically right about Archie being lazy but it is basically a fat person being told by even fatter person about how to lose weight and threatening him. Other people with more credibility need to get on Archie for being lazy, not Markieff, especially if he going to resort to trying to fight Archie like that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Positives: Markieff played "well" I guess? Well enough to increase his trade value that is. Goodwin and Booker (Backcourt 2016!) had decent games.

Keef had every right to be screaming at Archie for being so lazy. I know it is hypocritical of him, but he was still right.
Eh, I really don't think he does, especially if he is going to get violent like that to prove his point. I know he is technically right about Archie being lazy but it is basically a fat person being told by even fatter person about how to lose weight and threatening him. Other people with more credibility need to get on Archie for being lazy, not Markieff, especially if he going to resort to trying to fight Archie like that.
I need to watch the video again, but I thought the physical part was instigated by Archie. And didn't anyone else see the opening tip? And then the play by Curry? We would have been more effective as 4 on 5 during those 30 seconds.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:Yep, I agree with iLLmatic. Markieff has been in the league for awhile now, this can't be the first time someone in the stands yelled some cramp at him. Who cares? You get paid millions of dollars, you have nice ass car, and a big ass house, who cares what some random dude says in the stands? Grow up.

I agree, too. I am just saying that when fans act like that, the deserve what they get. I am sure the fan is really happy he got Keef on video flipping him off, though. Win/win!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Indy wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Indy wrote:

I need to watch the video again, but I thought the physical part was instigated by Archie. And didn't anyone else see the opening tip? And then the play by Curry? We would have been more effective as 4 on 5 during those 30 seconds.
Just looked at the video and it looks to me Markieff that was the aggressor. Archie pushed away Markieff's hands then Markieff then pushed Archie off his chair, which caused the whole skirmish.

EDC

Post by EDC »

https://twitter.com/GeraldBourguet/status/697646558376910848

The Suns have created a monster. It is scary that the team is still telling this kid that he is a leader. Kieff actually believes that shit. Two summers ago they went all in on him and his brother and they have continually shown they are not capable of being the leaders of a team.

Giving zero effort for the first half of a season then getting a new coach who pats him on the back like he was a good boy. It is just disgusting. It is one thing to keep playing him and hoping he increases his trade value. It is a whole other thing to sabotage an already bad team by rewarding his crappy behavior and telling the rest of the team, especially the young guys, that it is okay to do all of this crap.

Sarver is an idiot for preventing McD from trading Kieff. It has to be that. Only a complete idiot would keep this kid around. Only one of the two guys at the top has shown that he is a complete idiot when it comes to basketball. Then there is that radio interview where McD hints that it is Sarver making that call.

This kind of crap is going to have repercussions down the road even if he is traded tomorrow. Great example for the young guys.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:Len really needs to learn he is big. He has to get the hook down.
And quit dribbling the ball every damn time he catches it!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:WHY IS MARKIEFF MORRIS STILL ON THIS TEAM???
GOOD QUESTION!!!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

EDC

Post by EDC »

Superbone wrote:
EDC wrote:Len really needs to learn he is big. He has to get the hook down.
And quit dribbling the ball every damn time he catches it!
He needs to learn from Mirza. Catch. Shoot. No hesitation.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:
Indy wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Indy wrote:

Just looked at the video and it looks to me Markieff that was the aggressor. Archie pushed away Markieff's hands then Markieff then pushed Archie off his chair, which caused the whole skirmish.
I haven't gone back, but I will take your word for it. I still feel that Keef was within his rights as a teammate to be screaming at Archie (you could see PJ doing the same thing after the tip). But he shouldn't be putting his hands on him.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I know I am the anti trade talk guy here but, I fully expect to see different players on the team the next time they play a game. I was hoping that the charade of making Kieff a starter would make him look more attractive to other teams. He was producing and looking decent. Then he has to ruin it again by going after a teammate on the bench during the game and having an altercation with a fan at the end of the game. Such a dumb ass!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

The shitty part? We will still not get back in return talent wise what we were holding out for. This was a huge misstep by the front office.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I think the thing on the bench could have been spun into a "leadership" moment from Markieff. But then the whole getting caught on a camera phone flipping off fans after the very same game just shows he's clueless as to how to handle himself as a professional. A true buyer beware moment.

Second consecutive trade deadline where players are forcing the teams hand to make a move because of the toxic environment that they let the players create. This franchise is 10 pounds of stupid stuffed into a 5 pound bag.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

And Earl Watson, our bleeding heart kindergarten teacher, really has this guy believing he's a leader and go-to guy on the team.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sarver = shit
McDo = meh, ok
Watson = shit
Kieff = shit
Knight = shit
Bledsoe = meh
fan support = shit

If the Gorilla tore his Achilles and our training staff quit, that would just about do it for this franchise.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:Sarver = shit
McDo = meh, ok
Watson = shit
Kieff = shit
Knight = shit
Bledsoe = meh
fan support = shit

If the Gorilla tore his Achilles and our training staff quit, that would just about do it for this franchise.
do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Sarver = shit
McDo = meh, ok
Watson = shit
Kieff = shit
Knight = shit
Bledsoe = meh
fan support = shit

do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?
The fans need to stop attending. That is the only way to hold the team accountable. We are doing the same thing to Sarver as he is doing to Keef: Enabling.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think the thing on the bench could have been spun into a "leadership" moment from Markieff. But then the whole getting caught on a camera phone flipping off fans after the very same game just shows he's clueless as to how to handle himself as a professional.
When have you seen other players, superstars in the league who are regarded as team leaders, attack a teammate on the bench? That's not leadership, it's immaturity and unprofessionalism. Watch the video again. Markieff went nuts and at the 3 second mark it looks like he pulls out his mouthpiece and gets in Archie's face. That's when players start to come over to pull him away and calm HIM down - those are the leaders. Archie goes to push Markieff back for some space and Markieff slaps his hands down and starts a physical confrontation, taking two hands and shoving Archie, who's probably 4 inches and 30 lbs lighter than him. That's not leadership in my book, no matter how you try and spin it.

He and his brother are crazy and have had anger issues going back to Kansas.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JCSunsfan wrote:do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?
I don't live in Arizona, and I try to attend every time the Suns come to play the Warriors (which costs a bit of $$$). I own a lot of Suns merch like several shirts/jackets, a hat, a Dragic jersey. I pay for the NBA League Pass and watch most of our games despite us being 14-39. I run a Suns discussion web site where I log in to talk about the team multiple times a day, and I read the local Arizona coverage of the team from afar. I would say I am doing what I can to support the team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:do you have season tickets? How many games do you attend?
I don't live in Arizona, and I try to attend every time the Suns come to play the Warriors (which costs a bit of $$$). I own a lot of Suns merch like several shirts/jackets, a hat, a Dragic jersey. I pay for the NBA League Pass and watch most of our games despite us being 14-39. I run a Suns discussion web site where I log in to talk about the team multiple times a day, and I read the local Arizona coverage of the team from afar. I would say I am doing what I can to support the team.
Exactly. And lack of fan support isn't the problem. Lack of a team worth supporting is.