SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by ShelC »

The only thing I can imagine is that we're signing guys like Thomas and Deng because we're going to throw Bledsoe, the Morris Bros and Gerald Green for Love. We're covering ourselves and restocking the roster before we deplete so Love can step into a young, veteran-ish roster - Thomas, Goran, Deng, Love, Plumlee with Ennis, Goodwin, Warren off the bench.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:The only thing I can imagine is that we're signing guys like Thomas and Deng because we're going to throw Bledsoe, the Morris Bros and Gerald Green for Love. We're covering ourselves and restocking the roster before we deplete so Love can step into a young, veteran-ish roster - Thomas, Goran, Deng, Love, Plumlee with Ennis, Goodwin, Warren off the bench.
Don't forget Len.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The Funny thing is I really like IT2, the player but the move makes no sense. The contract will tell you wheather he was signed a starter or bench guy IMO.

Not a fan of Luol Deng, particularly in an Up and down system. There has to be a move we're missing, because I rather stand pat then waste money and be redundant.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I don't see a way 1 or both Tyler Ennis/Archie Goodwin get on the court if we sign Thomas.

96 mins at the 1 and 2.

Goran 33-35
Bledsoe 33-35
Thomas 26-28
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Slow and steady, McDonough! We're not winning a Championship this year. Let our young talent grow a little. Ugh. I don't want to react before anything happens, but stocking our teams with mid-level talent on mid-level deals reeks of 2010.

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:The Funny thing is I really like IT2, the player but the move makes no sense. The contract will tell you wheather he was signed a starter or bench guy IMO.

Not a fan of Luol Deng, particularly in an Up and down system. There has to be a move we're missing, because I rather stand pat then waste money and be redundant.
This reeks of New Orleans' offseason last year when they gave Evans big money after already having so much invested in Holiday & Gordon. See how that worked out? Not going to overreact but I hope McDonough is smarter than this.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Don't want to lose Green or Kieff.... We're a decade late for Deng...

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Isaiah Thomas and freaking Deng?

[youtube]XYJYwhiY9GQ[/youtube]

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:Don't want to lose Green or Kieff.... We're a decade late for Deng...
He's not even 30 years old yet...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:Don't want to lose Green or Kieff.... We're a decade late for Deng...
Meanwhile his body's past 40.....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Someone has to explain why we're signing him. I keep reading stuff on Twitter about him being a great 3rd guard, but Goodwin is going to be our 3rd guard. And don't give me any shit about a Kevin Love trade. If he goes anywhere it's to Cleveland.

Does McDonough plan on letting Bledsoe become a Laker? Is Goodwin going to be our starting 2?

This is perplexing on so many levels to me.
Maybe it's just an asset acquisition leading to further trades down the line. It is perplexing. Hopefully it will make sense in time. Try not to let the #mcdout creep in.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:All I can do at this point is to pray that McD knows what he is doing. After all the moves are made, possibly as late as the trade deadline, we can collectively decide whether to anoit McD and Babby the twin saints of the desert -- or make a huge apology to SDC, whose views admittedly seem out of alignment with reality.
Ha ha. It all really is quite perplexing. I think you're right in that we need to wait until the dust has settled before forming our opinions. Maybe we're moving into an all 6'7" and under league. :lol:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:The only thing I can imagine is that we're signing guys like Thomas and Deng because we're going to throw Bledsoe, the Morris Bros and Gerald Green for Love. We're covering ourselves and restocking the roster before we deplete so Love can step into a young, veteran-ish roster - Thomas, Goran, Deng, Love, Plumlee with Ennis, Goodwin, Warren off the bench.
That's really the only kind of thing that makes sense to me. But is it counting your chickens before they hatch? It seems like a really elaborate and tough sequence to pull off.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
You don't want a 19-year-old Deng?

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Guys. Bledsoe has to want to go somewhere in a S&T. He's not going to want to play in Minnesota, can we stop pretending like Bledsoe to Minnesota is going to be a thing?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

carey wrote:Guys. Bledsoe has to want to go somewhere in a S&T. He's not going to want to play in Minnesota, can we stop pretending like Bledsoe to Minnesota is going to be a thing?
Well it was being talked about on Real Gm that the Hawks wanted the Bled-Show and only offered like 10mil per and he wanted more. If the Wolves offered him the most money he might go there. I am pretty shocked Miami hasn't been trying to get in on Bledsoe...South Beach...loads of Money...surprising.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Obviously we're getting Andrew Wiggins somehow in a sign and trade of Bledsoe. McDo your magic!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I can't remember if this was posted already or not:

https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/487635846988701696

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And just think how much fun Steve Albert is going to have with Deng.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

At least we've got this:

Tucker, Deng, Thomas>>>>>>>>>>>>>Turkoglu, Warrick, Childress

;)

"Be Legendary."