The 2021 Suns Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: The 2021 Suns Offseason

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:30 pm
I know we’re starved for news, but maybe we just don’t post Flex tweets here?
My bad…for the record, I don’t really think he knows much at all here. I just think it’s funny…he said we might trade Jalen for Thad Young/Nance, but we might trade him for someone else as well…or we might decide to just keep him. There’s really no way he can be wrong now.

So ya I’m hoping we can get something of value for a Smith/Saric package, but Flex isn’t really giving me that hope.

Here’s a cool article talking about what James Jones may have in mind for finishing the roster. It’s more interesting and not just based in pure optimism.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Javale still isn't signed officially which makes me wonder if he's on vacation and will sign when he gets to Phoenix or if they're still maneuvering and waiting for all the numbers to shake out a certain way.

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

Split T wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:02 pm

I want him to be right, haha…although he pretty much covers all the bases here, so it’ll be hard for him to be wrong.
Dude is probably part bush with how much he hedges his tweets.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:23 am
Javale still isn't signed officially which makes me wonder if he's on vacation and will sign when he gets to Phoenix or if they're still maneuvering and waiting for all the numbers to shake out a certain way.
Probably waiting to see if we need to adjust the numbers a bit

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:02 am
Yeah, I don't care if people post his tweets here. But it seems like he only has a connection to Paul (maybe through his agency). So I don't trust most of his stuff unless it is related to Paul. But I am really glad I don't follow him on Twitter.
That's your take away? Weird, I don't believe that he has a contact directly with Paul's camp. He has contacts in the league office.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The suns might package Stix or they might keep him! They may play him or they might bench him! Chess not checkers! They are expanding beyond trade possibilities for Love, Young or Nance, could be any player in the league or no player at all! You heard it here first! Positive vibes people!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Don't forget, as Stix plays better, his value gets higher and more possible trade opportunities become available or offered.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:02 am
Don't forget, as Stix plays better, his value gets higher and more possible trade opportunities become available or offered.
But if he plays worse, his trade value goes DOWN! Patience you peasants! I am so accomplished I have earned the right to tell you how to feel
And how to behave! Positive! Patience! Trust the Suns! I wish you were as smart as me!

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:52 am
Indy wrote:
Yeah, I don't care if people post his tweets here. But it seems like he only has a connection to Paul (maybe through his agency). So I don't trust most of his stuff unless it is related to Paul. But I am really glad I don't follow him on Twitter.
That's your take away? Weird, I don't believe that he has a contact directly with Paul's camp. He has contacts in the league office.
I think it’s with Paul…the only stuff he’s been right about has been connected through CAA, Paul’s agency. He knew about the Paul trade, he hinted at Booker, who’s also a CAA client, jointing the Olympic team, and on draft night 2020, he talked about a player that was not expected to be available to the suns now falling and being available…the guy that fell in that draft was a CAA client, Tyrese Haliburton. I don’t think he’s said anything else that’s been right…just very generic stuff like, be patient, James Jones has a plan. He may have gotten some stuff right on the CP3 contract, which only reinforces the fact that his contact is within CAA.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:24 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
I think it’s with Paul…the only stuff he’s been right about has been connected through CAA, Paul’s agency. He knew about the Paul trade, he hinted at Booker, who’s also a CAA client, jointing the Olympic team, and on draft night 2020, he talked about a player that was not expected to be available to the suns now falling and being available…the guy that fell in that draft was a CAA client, Tyrese Haliburton. I don’t think he’s said anything else that’s been right…just very generic stuff like, be patient, James Jones has a plan. He may have gotten some stuff right on the CP3 contract, which only reinforces the fact that his contact is within CAA.
exactly

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
I agree that I wish he wouldn't post if it's going to be generic. Anyone could say that, because it's obvious, but also shows you either don't know exactly what's happening, or it's entirely fluid and could change in any direction. Feels like a time to just sit back and wait.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:21 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
I agree that I wish he wouldn't post if it's going to be generic. Anyone could say that, because it's obvious, but also shows you either don't know exactly what's happening, or it's entirely fluid and could change in any direction. Feels like a time to just sit back and wait.
He got a little taste of fame with calling the CP3 trade and he’s trying to hold onto it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
I think FLEX has become power drunk after getting a few things right early and getting a little notoriety. At least he still has his big fans like Saucy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:42 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
He got a little taste of fame with calling the CP3 trade and he’s trying to hold onto it.
Jinx!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:23 am
It’s official now…just waiting to see the numbers

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:42 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
He had a little fame prior, if you listened to the post game show every night. Otherwise, sure.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well a little Twitter fame I guess

Indy

Post by Indy »

yeah I am curious how many people actually listen to the radio post game shows.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Another condescending post. Hey Flex, GFY

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, that kind of stuff pointless and the kind of tweet that doesn't need to be posted here. (Not going at you, Saucy. Just an example.)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.