Around the League: Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Around the League: Playoffs

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote:Huh. Me too. Must have been that South Beach answer I gave.
But I picked Comic-Con. :D
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/728275524754231297

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Indy wrote:Open the spoiler tag and you will see. Cotton didn't have any experience as an NBA head coach when we hired him (the first time). Neither did MikeD.
Mike had a very short stint with the Nuggets. While not the NBA he was very successful in Europe as a player and as a coach for many years.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Indy

Post by Indy »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Indy wrote:Open the spoiler tag and you will see. Cotton didn't have any experience as an NBA head coach when we hired him (the first time). Neither did MikeD.
Mike had a very short stint with the Nuggets. While not the NBA he was very successful in Europe as a player and as a coach for many years.
Agreed. I think my question was about NBA HC experience >1 year. We don't do that very often. And half the time we did, it was a complete disaster, across both ownership groups. Good think Jerry knew to cut bait within 7 games...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:I would've taken Vogel in a heartbeat. Watson won't do anything for us. Players will be sick of him by all-star. Mark it down.
Consider it marked.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Fun little quiz over at ESPN. Which NBA franchise are you? http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... a-team-you

I got the Miami Heat.
Huh. Somehow I got the Phoenix Suns.
Spoiler: show/hide

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:I would've taken Vogel in a heartbeat. Watson won't do anything for us. Players will be sick of him by all-star. Mark it down.
Consider it marked.
I beat ya to it. ;)

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I got Spurs. But I also picked Comic-con so go figure...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Consider it marked.
I beat ya to it. ;)
Nice! In public view too. I like your style.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hermen wrote:I got Spurs. But I also picked Comic-con so go figure...
I did too and got the Rockets. Hmm. I wonder how many teams there really were.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Hermen wrote:I got Spurs. But I also picked Comic-con so go figure...
I did too and got the Rockets. Hmm. I wonder how many teams there really were.
Four. Spurs, Heat, Rockets and Lakers.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Consider it marked.
I don't know about by all-star, but I just think we will go nowhere with Watson as our coach. I think he will turn out to be a bad coach. I also think the next team Frank Vogel coaches will overachieve, just like the Pacers did the past few years. If you want to mark that down, go for it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Consider it marked.
I don't know about by all-star, but I just think we will go nowhere with Watson as our coach. I think he will turn out to be a bad coach. I also think the next team Frank Vogel coaches will overachieve, just like the Pacers did the past few years. If you want to mark that down, go for it.
Done.

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Consider it marked.
I am not sure about Watson but I lean in your direction. I hope we are both wrong. I doubt Vogel will not be without a job for very long and I can see him landing in Houston.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Houston has crossed my mind too. Until this season the Rockets supposedly were about efficiency and defense around Harden. Could see Vogel making it work again.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Let me put it this way...I don't think there will necessarily be a player revolt against Watson. I think we the fans will be sick of losing games while hearing his philosophies and pep talks and the players will mostly feel the same way, but won't come out against him because they'll still like him as a coach/person.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:Let me put it this way...I don't think there will necessarily be a player revolt against Watson. I think we the fans will be sick of losing games while hearing his philosophies and pep talks and the players will mostly feel the same way, but won't come out against him because they'll still like him as a coach/person.
Fair enough. But what do you think the ceiling is with this roster?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:Fair enough. But what do you think the ceiling is with this roster?
I think that if we add our draft pick and maybe one decent FA signing, with a healthy Bledsoe, this squad is capable of being a .500 team. We've all just watched Knight stink it up so much that I think we might be undervaluing Bledsoe or lumping him in with Knight right now. Bled is a much better overall player and starting guard. He isn't a great distributor, but he's a much, MUCH better defender, and he does at least sometimes pass the ball (though not quite enough). I think having a 100% healthy Bledsoe as our starting PG and relegating Knight to a bench microwave role could actually be a very noticeable improvement for this team. That, plus scrapping the stupid Len 4 + Chandler 5 starting frontcourt, would be great changes. Rough lineups:

Starting lineup: Bledsoe-Booker-Warren-Leuer-Len
Bench: Price-Knight-Tucker-Rookie?-Chandler

I'm guessing our draft pick will be a forward, and I'm unsure if he'd start or come off the bench at first.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
I think that if we add our draft pick and maybe one decent FA signing, with a healthy Bledsoe, this squad is capable of being a .500 team. We've all just watched Knight stink it up so much that I think we might be undervaluing Bledsoe or lumping him in with Knight right now. Bled is a much better overall player and starting guard. He isn't a great distributor, but he's a much, MUCH better defender, and he does at least sometimes pass the ball (though not quite enough). I think having a 100% healthy Bledsoe as our starting PG and relegating Knight to a bench microwave role could actually be a very noticeable improvement for this team. That, plus scrapping the stupid Len 4 + Chandler 5 starting frontcourt, would be great changes. Rough lineups:

I'm guessing our draft pick will be a forward, and I'm unsure if he'd start or come off the bench at first.
So we are a +20 games by simply adding 50 games of Bledsoe? And a rookie PF?

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

So we are a +20 games by simply adding 50 games of Bledsoe? And a rookie PF?
And some Warren. Some improvement from young guys, extra Knight games, Watson's famous training camp :) also Mori forgot his FA signing in lineups.
Not to say that I agree. Too soon to predict anything, given that a lot can happen in the offseason (not just with us, but other teams as well).