Around the League: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:16 pm
Suns fan outrage around various websites is hilarious to me, chances are there were very few teams involved in this, and NY seems to have had their hearts set on getting nothing but cap space in return.

Getting so upset over something you have no control over is such a waste of time.
Agreed.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1091080742749253632

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Knicks are essentially Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox, their 2019 pick and lots of cap space...does anyone think their getting anything of value! I saw a tweet predicting Vucevic and Bledsoe...seems about right

TOO

Post by TOO »

KP betting big on himself next season. He's already coming off a terrible injury and has the deck stacked against him being a huge 7'3" human, good luck to him, could be a huge mistake.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We have no front office. I fucking hate this organization. I would trade 10 draft picks with the Mavs to swap owners. Always proactive.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:24 pm
Knicks are essentially Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox, their 2019 pick and lots of cap space...does anyone think their getting anything of value! I saw a tweet predicting Vucevic and Bledsoe...seems about right
You're not giving Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier enough credit...yeah, I agree. I thought that KP would be the centerpiece to build around and attract FAs.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Suns fan outrage around various websites is hilarious to me, chances are there were very few teams involved in this, and NY seems to have had their hearts set on getting nothing but cap space in return.

Getting so upset over something you have no control over is such a waste of time.
Bad take.

Getting upset that a conference rival just got gifted a star player for much less in return is totally justifiable.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:29 pm
We have no front office. I f*** hate this organization. I would trade 10 draft picks with the Mavs to swap owners. Always proactive.
It's possible that the injury is way worse than orginally thought. He could be posturing to get the Mavs to give him the Full Max contract.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 pm
specialsauce wrote:
We have no front office. I f*** hate this organization. I would trade 10 draft picks with the Mavs to swap owners. Always proactive.
It's possible that the injury is way worse than orginally thought. He could be posturing to get the Mavs to give him the Full Max contract.
Sounds like you’re grasping.

Our front office is just terrible. How many players have become available the last few years? Weve watched PG, Kawhi, Kyrie, KP etc all change teams while we groom our baby turds into slightly aged turds without a hint of activity. It’s just fucking pathetic.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Knicks wanted cap space. We couldn’t offer that. Dallas had a much better offer than we did. Kings should be kicking themselves. They’ve got 40 million in expiring contracts, plus 11 million in cap space. Could have put together a pretty good offer. Fox/Hield/Bogdonovic/Bagley/Porzingis would have been a lot of fun!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Xylus wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Bad take.

Getting upset that a conference rival just got gifted a star player for much less in return is totally justifiable.
You and I have different mindsets when it comes to sports. Feel free to waste your time being upset, its your prerogative.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:37 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Sounds like you’re grasping.

Our front office is just terrible. How many players have become available the last few years? Weve watched PG, Kawhi, Kyrie, KP etc all change teams while we groom our baby turds into slightly aged turds without a hint of activity. It’s just f*** pathetic.
I get what you're saying. I am grasping.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm
Xylus wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Bad take.

You and I have different mindsets when it comes to sports. Feel free to waste your time being upset, its your prerogative.
I’m not upset, but I understand if others are. Most people aren’t nihilists who watch paint dry for fun. Sports fandom is emotional.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm
Split T wrote:
You're not giving Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier enough credit...yeah, I agree. I thought that KP would be the centerpiece to build around and attract FAs.
We’ll see about those two. Honestly haven’t really watched them. They’ve both had flashes.

I guess it could work out. If Knicks land the #1 pick, draft Zion, then sign KD and Kyrie

Kyrie/Trier/Knox/Durant/Zion is something.

More likely they land #2, draft RJ and sign Vucevic and Harris

Smith/Barrett/Knox/Harris/Vucevic

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:50 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm
Split T wrote:
We’ll see about those two. Honestly haven’t really watched them. They’ve both had flashes.

I guess it could work out. If Knicks land the #1 pick, draft Zion, then sign KD and Kyrie

Kyrie/Trier/Knox/Durant/Zion is something.

More likely they land #2, draft RJ and sign Vucevic and Harris

Smith/Barrett/Knox/Harris/Vucevic
You're probably right. It would be very Knicks of them.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
They do full medical evaluations for every trade. I give your scenario a 0% chance.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I'm pretty neutral on the trade. I can see why both teams did it and it is a big gamble for each team in different ways.

I'm not a huge KP fan. I think he's a good player but I wouldn't build a team around him. KP isn't a #1 guy. Neither is Luka. I don't hate Hardaway Jr but they are certainly strapped for cash for aomw time with him and Lee. I wonder if they keep Burke. If not PHX should move on him since I have zero faith in James Jones doing anything at the deadline.

The Knicks are betting on themselves to lure 2 max players and get a top 2 pick. I hope none of which happen. Meanwhile the talent pool in the West grows.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:20 pm
KP isn't a #1 guy. Neither is Luka.
I'd probably agree on KP, he's more of a #1.5 guy when healthy.

Doncic, OTOH, has been in the NBA for 4 months and you're ready to say he can't be a #1? I'd say he has the highest ceiling among recent picks in the league since Ben Simmons in 2015.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm
Knicks wanted cap space. We couldn’t offer that. Dallas had a much better offer than we did. Kings should be kicking themselves. They’ve got 40 million in expiring contracts, plus 11 million in cap space. Could have put together a pretty good offer. Fox/Hield/Bogdonovic/Bagley/Porzingis would have been a lot of fun!
Would have been a nice time to have Chandler, Rivers and Darrell Arthur to throw into a deal as expiring contracts though....
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

KP's a monster if/when healthy. Seriously. Not his fault he was drafted by the Knicks.

Knicks fans grew to hate Hardaway, who was overpaid from Day 1. He's chucker who doesn't even pretend on defense and can have a bad attitude/big head. He regressed a lot in NY after getting better in Atlanta under Bud. Carlisle could have a similar effect on him. Prob what the Mavs are banking on.

Tell me again why KD and Kyrie are leaving their respective teams to play for the Knicks?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Irving went to high school nearby so that might be a draw for him.

And there's a ton of money to be made off the court playing there if you're a star.

Who knows what Durrant is thinking though.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695