Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Shabazz wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is if they announce it today or tomorrow.
I don't think you can announce a deal before the deal is legal to make.
9 PM PST today it's legal. Although I was more referring to when the news leaks.
I'm looking forward to coming to the site and seeing the new Kieff traded thread with the details.
I suspect you won't have to wait long
Three more hours? Where's the leaks?!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Superbone wrote: I'm looking forward to coming to the site and seeing the new Kieff traded thread with the details.
Suns FO has been very good at not leaking its moves before they're made. But with Markieff sitting, plus the Weems locker-room chat with McDonough, it just makes sense there's a deal essentially done and they're waiting until Dec 15 to pull the trigger.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Superbone wrote: I'm looking forward to coming to the site and seeing the new Kieff traded thread with the details.
Suns FO has been very good at not leaking its moves before they're made. But with Markieff sitting, plus the Weems locker-room chat with McDonough, it just makes sense there's a deal essentially done and they're waiting until Dec 15 to pull the trigger.
Good points. Hopefully, we hear tonight at midnight ET, 9 PM my time.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Ring_Wanted wrote:My take is that although flawed, still soft and an 'old rookie', not many guys his size have that shooting touch and generally advanced fundamentals. Not that I am that high on him per se, but I want guys capable of making smart plays and playing 'the right way', not more questionable character stuff like Sully's obesity tendencies and proneness to take the lazy shot instead of working hard for his baskets.

Pairing Olynyk with Len makes a ton of sense, just like putting Booker alongside Bledsoe (but not next to Knight).

As much as anything, having to pay Sullinger a new age cap contract scares the crap out of me (same with Terrence Jones), but I believe Olynyk's deal would be much more manageable.
Agreed about Sullinger's attitude problems. Olynyk on defense might be an issue though, can't really see him chasing down smaller 4s, and he doesn't play a particularly punishing style on offense to make the smaller defenders pay. But I do get why you would prefer him over Sullinger. At this point, I guess it's best to just get draft pick(s) in return, though obviously that will be difficult. Our team has decent chemistry and I can live with a slightly weaker 4 rotation while we allow the younger players to learn from playing.

I still have some intrigue for Jones as well, but am really not that into Ryan Anderson, even though I like what he does on the court very much.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Everyone on the active roster has hit the court against Dallas except Markieff - they're not even being subtle about it now. Stand by everyone!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

https://twitter.com/RussJohnsonNBA/status/676625788679020544

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yes, more Kentucky players plz.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That guy has NBA in his Twitter handle, so you know he's legit.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Russell Jonhson? Isn't that the Professor from Gilligan's Island?

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Yeah I've got no idea who he is, but it cropped up under "Phoenix Suns Trade" so I posted it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hoping to wake up tomorrow morning to the good news of Markieff G'ing T F O.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Hoping to wake up tomorrow morning to the good news of Markieff G'ing T F O.
Well nothing yet. Damn.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't think anything is imminent. It's really not in our best interest to trade him early when we could wait until February when teams (ie, Houston) are maybe more desperate to make a change.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

ShelC wrote:I don't think anything is imminent. It's really not in our best interest to trade him early when we could wait until February when teams (ie, Houston) are maybe more desperate to make a change.
I actually think now is the time for that - it's still early enough to turn things around. The trade deadline, to me, has always been more about getting ready for the following season or putting finishing touches on a contender.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Great. I woke up today expecting to see Markieff gone. So disappointing. I've had severe diarrhea all day long and know exactly why.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Hornacek had his weekly interview with KTAR this morning. He's acting like Markieff isn't playing because he's in a slump and will likely be back to playing soon. So dumb.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Why is this guy still on the team?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Chris Sheridan is saying Heat, Bulls and Celts are all trying to deal for Cousins. Would Kieff and Archie get it done? Would we throw in Len?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:Hornacek had his weekly interview with KTAR this morning. He's acting like Markieff isn't playing because he's in a slump and will likely be back to playing soon. So dumb.
I don't know why everyone always assumes mgmt is lying. I think its pretty clear that Kieff is in some sort of depressive funk. He has suffered a loss. He and Marcus brother had always dreamed of starring together on the same NBA team. However juvenile, to him its the loss of a dream and a huge life adjustment. He might even understand deep down its their own fault. I would not be surprised at all if he is getting counseling for this.

So, has he been benched because he is in a slump? Sure. I can see that. Does that mean that he is not on the trading block? Nope. Not at all.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:Chris Sheridan is saying Heat, Bulls and Celts are all trying to deal for Cousins. Would Kieff and Archie get it done?
Not even close. We'd probably have to add Len and 2 first rounders (at least).