Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Post by Nodack »

What does an owner really do during the season?

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Nodack wrote:What does an owner really do during the season?
Sack people

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:What does an owner really do during the season?
Lead

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The less Sarver speaks, the better. The whole "millennial" thing makes me cringe, and calling out the lockerroom cancer specifically only adds fuel to that fire.

The media does seem to be hinting that McD is one of those execs too focused on stats and doesn't really get how to build a successful roster. On paper, we surely have a ton of individual talent that don't mesh together very well. And his handling of Goran, Markieff and the coaching situation hasn't done him any favors.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/684017448513843200

Stein's pretty in the know and has some Suns ties IIRC. I'm not opposed to MikeD but don't think this roster can play his style. There would need to be a major overhaul, especially at the PG position. And he'd have to hire some defensive assistants :D

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

ShelC wrote:The less Sarver speaks, the better. The whole "millennial" thing makes me cringe, and calling out the lockerroom cancer specifically only adds fuel to that fire.

The media does seem to be hinting that McD is one of those execs too focused on stats and doesn't really get how to build a successful roster. On paper, we surely have a ton of individual talent that don't mesh together very well. And his handling of Goran, Markieff and the coaching situation hasn't done him any favors.
The Isaiah Thomas signing proved that there's more fanboy fantasy league bullshit there than there ought to be, but McDonough shouldn't have to take the blame for Dragic being a little bitch about things.

Hornacek is being scapegoated for sure, but that still doesn't explain his "throw a pile of shit against the wall and see what sticks" method of his rotations.

Cut the cancer(s), dress the wound and get to healing.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

ShelC wrote:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/684017448513843200

Stein's pretty in the know and has some Suns ties IIRC. I'm not opposed to MikeD but don't think this roster can play his style. There would need to be a major overhaul, especially at the PG position. And he'd have to hire some defensive assistants :D
Stein's talking out of his ass, regurgitating D'Antoni due to his Suns past because he has no concrete line on the situation. Unless Knight (and Bledsoe) suddenly figures out how to throw a lob and run pick & roll, there's no way he (they) could run a D'Antoni offense.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Why do you think you know more about Stein's connections than others? He isn't in the habit of making things up.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If Sarver is considering MD, it is because of ticket sales (and the reaction the crowd gave him at Nash's ROH ceremony). He isn't the right coach for this. But then again, I don't know who would be. We need someone that can get the kids to listen, but also bring them along.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:Why do you think you know more about Stein's connections than others? He isn't in the habit of making things up.
Why do you? ;)

And, on a similar note, why the dickhead response?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Asking why you bashed Stein by saying he is making things up is a dickhead response? Wow. Didn't realize you threshold for dickheadedness was so low. Let me try again.

==================
Hey Swingy, why do you think Stein is talking out of his ass and asserting that he has no connections to people in the know within the Suns? Do pray-tell, if you may be so kind. Best wishes, your BFF, Indy. XOXO
==================

Hope that is less dickheaded Swing.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Oh boy. This isn't the way to start off 2016 fellas. Things are bad enough...

carey

Post by carey »

Don't take the bait, Indy. Swing has a habit of taking things personally when folks don't agree with his takes. Best to just not engage.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

I wasn't engaging. Seriously asking. But my first question seemed to be mean, in his eyes. Tried a sweeter approach. I really wanted to know.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mike D? Oof. I don't think I want our rotation shortened to 7 men and all the young guys benched, no thank you. That'd be the last we'd ever see of Archie Goodwin on the court, that's for sure.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Mike D? Oof. I don't think I want our rotation shortened to 7 men and all the young guys benched, no thank you. That'd be the last we'd ever see of Archie Goodwin on the court, that's for sure.
To be fair, he regularly played 8 guys consistent minutes. He just said "7 starters" a lot.

And I think we would see a lot more of Archie and a lot less of Price.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:Asking why you bashed Stein by saying he is making things up is a dickhead response? Wow. Didn't realize you threshold for dickheadedness was so low. Let me try again.

==================
Hey Swingy, why do you think Stein is talking out of his ass and asserting that he has no connections to people in the know within the Suns? Do pray-tell, if you may be so kind. Best wishes, your BFF, Indy. XOXO
==================

Hope that is less dickheaded Swing.
Try being less of a smartass. I never asserted that I was some omnipotent know-it-all - I just said that Stein was talking out of his ass here. But, IMO, it was only a matter of time - if he didn't do it, someone else would've.

And carey, you've no leg to stand on when talking about being butthurt about someone calling you out, so cork it - you're not helping anyone or anything.

Now - where's some confirmation of Stein's assertion?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ah, got it. Throw out criticism, and when asked for the basis of it, redirect by saying that the original post didn't have a basis.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't think we'll get more confirmation. Stein's got legit connections and has proven to be in tune with the organization so that's probably as solid info as you'll get. But that's what it always is from these guys, hearsay and speculation. I don't think he, nor most in his position, would just make stuff up without some sort of legitimacy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Exactly Shel.