Suns News: Week 15 2/1-2/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Suns News: Week 15 2/1-2/7

Post by iLLmatic »

Sunsfan4life wrote:We just disagree. I think if you have an asset you try to get the best offer possible. People around here act like Kieff derailed a championship team. Once Bledsoe went down this team had absolutely no shot at a playoff spot. With Bledsoe they had a shot at no higher then the 7th seed. I dislike Morris as much as others do, due to his actions and play, But if I am being honest this notion that he tanked the season is pretty ridiculous. We weren't good enough coming in. He still has a very good contract and you don't trade someone when their value is at an all-time low. Dude has 1 good game and already you're hearing whispers of teams sniffing around him. The wolves are in a similar situation with Kevin Martin and their just waiting for the right deal.

Difference of opinion, and that's fine.
Difference is Kevin Martin hasn't thrown a towel at the head coach or publicly dissed the organization on a social media outlet.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Gm's can't have thin skin. Most of the social Media stuff was from Marcus and happened in the off-season. It's old news. Marcus keeps rehashing stuff about his brother "getting out of here". That's why it keeps getting brought up.

The towel throwing was bad. But he apologized for it supposedly right after to Hornecek and then to the team directly. He got suspended and you move on. I'm not biting on a terrible deal that will effect our future because of it if I am Mcdonaugh.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Obviously, Marcus chimed right in:

Marcus Morris has said he knows what his brother’s wishes are, and that “they haven’t changed,” since Markieff Morris asked last summer to be traded.
– via Booth Newspapers

The Suns will miss the playoffs for the sixth consecutive year this season and Marcus Morris has joked that Sarver, their owner since 2004, “should fire himself.” “I like Jeff as a person, Jeff is a great guy, a good coach,” Marcus Morris said. “I don’t think it was too much him, and things like that. I think it was the organization in general.”
– via Booth Newspapers
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 ·
Despite his performance last night the Suns still plan on trading Markieff Morris by the trade deadline.

Indy

Post by Indy »

djy2j wrote:John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 ·
Despite his performance last night the Suns still plan on trading Markieff Morris by the trade deadline.
He is such a joke.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

djy2j wrote:John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 ·
I'll believe it when I see it.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

WHY IS MARKIEFF MORRIS STILL ON THIS TEAM???

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We should change this site to www.whyismarkieffstillontheteam.net

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:WHY IS MARKIEFF MORRIS STILL ON THIS TEAM???
GOOD QUESTION!!!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:Will Sarver ever learn not to be a meddlesome owner? He clearly doesn't know what he's doing and is far too involved in day to day operations. God, I wish we could go back in time and show Mr. Jerry C. the future. I currently don't have any hope for turning things around as long as Sarver is running the show. He has been very slow on the uptake on what it takes to be a good NBA owner. I don't have any confidence in that changing anytime soon.
even if sarver agreed to trade away morris for nothing ASAP, it wont save the suns season or mcdo.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What a F'ed up season this has turned out to be.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This team broke Nodack.

Maybe their biggest accomplishment.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

lolz

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Curry had 51 points tonight, including 25 in the first quarter.

[streamable][/streamable]

[streamable][/streamable]

Split T

Post by Split T »

I've read a few things saying Toronto is interested in Tucker and Kieff. Who says no? Tucker and Kieff for Patterson,Bruno Caboclo, Delon Wright and the NY pick. They'd probably want to send their own, but if we threw in the Cleveland pick we might get that NY pick.

SDC

Post by SDC »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:Will Sarver ever learn not to be a meddlesome owner? He clearly doesn't know what he's doing and is far too involved in day to day operations. God, I wish we could go back in time and show Mr. Jerry C. the future. I currently don't have any hope for turning things around as long as Sarver is running the show. He has been very slow on the uptake on what it takes to be a good NBA owner. I don't have any confidence in that changing anytime soon.
even if sarver agreed to trade away morris for nothing ASAP, it wont save the suns season or mcdo.
just asking... who made the decision to draft tyler ennis and sign IT, then resign eric bledsoe and sign zoran dragic-- mcdo or sarver?

two, who made the decision to trade marcus in a longshot bid to sign lemarcus aldridge without being prepared on how the twins would react? the morris twins gave this team a hometown discount because they wanted to play together, why they agreed to this strange salary arrangement with phoenix.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /16457719/

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Sirius XM NBA: Ryan McDonough on possibility of trading picks for star player: “We’re not looking to save all of those for a rainy day” #Suns
– via Twitter SiriusXMNBA

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

It already is raining...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hermen wrote:It already is raining...
Pure sewage.