Around the League: Week 25 4/11 - 4/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Around the League: Week 25 4/11 - 4/17

Post by Mori Chu »

This is it! The last games of the season. The Warriors go for 73 wins on Wednesday. Saw this image of the 1995-96 Bulls and had to share:

Indy

Re: Around the League: Week 25 4/11 - 4/17

Post by Indy »

So it seems like the owners are going to approve ads on jersey's for next year...

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:So it seems like the owners are going to approve ads on jersey's for next year...
Horrible. :( We don't need to be bombarded by ads every god damn place. The arena name, the score boards, the sponsored tv segments, etc. Once the jerseys are labeled with advertisements then all that will be left is to smack a big old Sprite or Kia logo on the court floor.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Chris Andersen will be making a return with all of the different brands of soda tattooed to his body.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:So it seems like the owners are going to approve ads on jersey's for next year...
Horrible. :( We don't need to be bombarded by ads every god damn place. The arena name, the score boards, the sponsored tv segments, etc. Once the jerseys are labeled with advertisements then all that will be left is to smack a big old Sprite or Kia logo on the court floor.
So basically, like sports in the rest of the world, right?

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Have they found a way to put ads on the pitch? Ugh. Don't they make enough money? I might go out of my way to not buy a product that advertises on a jersey.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Doesn't make it right.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Have they found a way to put ads on the pitch? Ugh. Don't they make enough money? I might go out of my way to not buy a product that advertises on a jersey.
I will go out of my way to do that too.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Doesn't make it right.
I don't think advertising is wrong. It's everywhere already. I'm not a fan of it, and it sucks, but it is life.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Doesn't make it right.
I don't think advertising is wrong. It's everywhere already. I'm not a fan of it, and it sucks, but it is life.
It wasn't on NBA team jerseys... until now.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Will putting a logo on a jersey sell enough cokes to make it worth the money paid? Once there is so much advertising you have to think the effectiveness goes away.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I can't wait for the hi-tech OLED jerseys with animated advertisements!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't love the idea of ads on jerseys, but if it makes them a bunch of money and helps the league stay healthy, go for it. Soccer guys have ads on their jerseys and nobody really minds. They are just leaving millions of dollars (presumably) on the table by not having them every year.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

P.S. Click on the fine ad below on this page!!! :-)

pickle

Post by pickle »

Mori Chu wrote:I don't love the idea of ads on jerseys, but if it makes them a bunch of money and helps the league stay healthy, go for it. Soccer guys have ads on their jerseys and nobody really minds. They are just leaving millions of dollars (presumably) on the table by not having them every year.
More money has never made the league more healthy, imho.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't think this is actually news, but it is being reported the Kings will fire Carl tomorrow. Good job for him, as he got 11M of his 14.5 contract guaranteed. Not bad for 60 days of work.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:I don't love the idea of ads on jerseys, but if it makes them a bunch of money and helps the league stay healthy, go for it. Soccer guys have ads on their jerseys and nobody really minds. They are just leaving millions of dollars (presumably) on the table by not having them every year.
More money has never made the league more healthy, imho.
Agreed. The league isn't struggling to stay afloat or promote itself.

And, again, I am not a fan of ads on jerseys. It was just clear it has been coming for years, especially after the WNBA did it. Unless fans just decide to stop buying merchandise with ads on it, it won't stop.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Being european ads on jerseys don't really bother me, but NBA apparel has always had a distinguished aura in part because of no spam (also because they don't change design every season) so I prefer it to stay that way.

carey

Post by carey »

Do you think you'll still be able to buy jerseys without ads or should we basically stock up now?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:Do you think you'll still be able to buy jerseys without ads or should we basically stock up now?
Good question. I have no idea. If it goes full Euro, then you would get a different design to go along with the different sponsors, so I would assume soon it will be incorporated into the jersey.