Site appearance

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Site appearance

Post by Mori Chu »

I found that there was also an "HD" logo file I needed to change. Any better now after a refresh?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Sexy!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:I found that there was also an "HD" logo file I needed to change. Any better now after a refresh?
YES! Good work!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It looks better than ever and it adjusts to the size of the screen.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I did a kind of janky job in Photoshop and stretched out the patterns on the edge of the image so it would be wide enough to fit most screen sizes. The fire on the left looks goofy if you look closely at it, but it's better than it was before.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I did a kind of janky job in Photoshop and stretched out the patterns on the edge of the image so it would be wide enough to fit most screen sizes. The fire on the left looks goofy if you look closely at it, but it's better than it was before.
Thanks. Now I will never see anything else!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I see the logo now.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Could you fix the "forgot your password" link? Anytime that I click on it, it sends me some weird code like the one indicated earlier in this thread.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Small suggestion/request, Mori. Can you add a line between the post itself and the poster's signature? Sometimes it's hard to distinguish where A ends and B starts.

Thanks for all this.
Last edited by Shabazz on Tue May 24, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:Small suggestion/request, Mori. Can you add a line between the post itself and the poster's signature? Sometimes it's hard to distinguish where A starts and B ends.

Thanks for all this.
I second this. It is very confusing for me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just modified the site styling for signatures a bit.

- more vertical margin between it and the main post
- more visible top border between it and the main post
- smaller font
- slightly lighter font so it looks a bit "faded"

... Does that look better to you guys? Scroll up to, say, Cap or AIG's posts to see an example.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Looks great to me. Thanks, Mori.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Great job, Mori. Thank you.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

It's all good, Mori.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hey Mori--I noticed the "open links in new tab" got shut off with the current configuration. Can you turn that back on please?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Will fix asap, thanks.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy asked me to restore the feature that makes external links pop up in a new window. I haven't been able to get that working yet. It's an extension/addon to the bulletin board web software, and I'm having issues with the extension system. Maybe next week I can give it a look. In the meantime, I hope you all know that on any web page in any browser, you can always open a link in a new tab by middle-button-clicking it, or Ctrl-clicking it (on a Mac, Command-clicking it).

As you can probably see, I did restore the advertisements on the site, which were missing for a few weeks. For what it's worth, the ads bring in about 30-35 cents a day, which adds up almost exactly to the cost of hosting the site each month, which I think is pretty reasonable. That way I can keep running the site without it being at a financial loss. I know ads are annoying, but if you're like me, you just scroll on past them and keep reading. I also only run Google ads, and they tend to avoid the really obnoxious stuff like pop-ups and sounds and crap like that.

The feature I really want to get working again is to restore the BBcode toolbar on the top of the Quick Reply pane, which disappeared when I upgraded the site software. I think I can get that back once I fix the extension system. TBD.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks, Marty! You da man.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Here's a rookie question: is there a way to lower the number of posts per page? I haven't been able to find anything in my settigns.
Since the update I get 50 posts per page and it takes quite a bit of scrolling down (especially on mobile) to get to new posts.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Hermen wrote:Here's a rookie question: is there a way to lower the number of posts per page? I haven't been able to find anything in my settigns.
Since the update I get 50 posts per page and it takes quite a bit of scrolling down (especially on mobile) to get to new posts.
I can't find it either, but I found something that might reduce the amount of scrolling you have to do.

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit Display Options -> Display post order direction

Put the newest posts at the top, and you won't have to scroll all the way down to read them.