Around the League: Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Playoffs

Post by Mori Chu »

I was thinking he's a homeless man's Rashard Lewis. He reminds me of Earl Clark a bit. These tall slender guys with T-Rex arms who are versatile but never quite seem to be excellent at any one thing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He's a decent shooter. I haven't seen him do much of anything else. Doesn't seem to be much of a rebounder.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:He's a decent shooter. I haven't seen him do much of anything else. Doesn't seem to be much of a rebounder.
In his first year with the Warriors he seemed better than he is today. .
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Superbone wrote:He's a decent shooter. I haven't seen him do much of anything else. Doesn't seem to be much of a rebounder.
In his first year with the Warriors he seemed better than he is today. .
Good point. Pass.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I actually think Barnes would look nice on the Suns, he's definitely better than Tucker or Warren. He plays D and can hit 3's and is good enough off the dribble that you can't hide a poor defender on him. He's not a #1 or #2 or probably even a #3 but he's solid and still young. I'd love to have him, just not at 4/80 or anywhere near what he's going to get.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:Who in their right mind would max out Harrison Barnes? I've been afraid we were going to do it for months (dig up my post 3 months ago.)
I just hope it is not McD but somebody will.

carey

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

That is awful for his family.

What the hell is he doing? That is one of the best ways to get shot.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:What the hell is he doing?
Tanya Eiserer is a reporter at WFAA-TV. wrote:Source: NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones who was shot last nite argued w/ his girlfriend and left. When he returned, he went to the wrong apt.

Dollars to doughnuts he was drunk.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Around the League: Playoffs

Post by carey »

JustWinBaby wrote: In his first year with the Warriors he seemed better than he is today. .

Just a quick comparison between Barnes' 2nd year and TJ's 2nd year. A good talking point if someone is saying you should max Barnes while we still have TJ for 2 more years under a rookie deal.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, that's nuts. It sounds like he was an A-hole, returning to his ex-girlfriend's apartment and trying to break and enter. But I am not a fan of gun violence and I don't think he deserved to die for it. Very tragic.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote: In his first year with the Warriors he seemed better than he is today. .

Just a quick comparison between Barnes' 2nd year and TJ's 2nd year. A good talking point if someone is saying you should max Barnes while we still have TJ for 2 more years under a rookie deal.
Thanks for that bit of perspective. I really like TJ, and would like to see another season from him before giving up on him for a guy who isn't a star. TJ is the kind of guy who doesn't need plays run for him to score. He can score in traffic and off broken plays, and I value that.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:

Thanks for that bit of perspective. I really like TJ, and would like to see another season from him before giving up on him for a guy who isn't a star. TJ is the kind of guy who doesn't need plays run for him to score. He can score in traffic and off broken plays, and I value that.
Agreed. I think his floor is a a quality 6th man who can come in and get cheap buckets without too much fuss like ceballos. I really wish he would be given a stretch of big minute games. Coaches love affair with tucker seems to be hurting his development. Just wondering how many times have we been to the playoffs with pj?... There was a game against okc this year where the offense was run through booker and TJ. They would essentially just run pnr and take what the defense gave them and make the pass when it was there. Our offense looked functional for a change and we almost knocked off a top team with our young guys. I would never wish this on anyone but a tucker injury may be huge for our player development. I just don't have faith that coaches won't stop riding him for the good example they say he sets. But to what end

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

The real bummer with TJ is his injury this year which came at the worst possible time for him. I have no doubt he'd play and play a lot otherwise.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, he was injured for most of Watson's take over. I have no doubt he would have gotten some decent minutes under Watson.

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:Yeah, he was injured for most of Watson's take over. I have no doubt he would have gotten some decent minutes under Watson.
Not busting your balls on Watson but it will be interesting to see who he plays when he has a full roster.

I do not know if I can take another year of Tucker in the starting lineup.

I do not know if I can watch another year of Knight turning it over and chucking up bad shots, while still getting his minutes.

I do not know if I can watch another year of Bledsoe half assing his way through any games, while still getting his minutes.

My hope is that Watson cleans some of this stuff up. If he does I am all in.

That said, Warren should earn his minutes as well.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

carey

Post by carey »

In case you're curious I did a season comparison between Teague and Knight last year. The rumor is that Noel may be moved for Teague. I went in thinking Teague is the better player. It's actually a bit closer than you'd expect and Knight is 3 years younger and locked in for 4 more years. Teague makes significantly less next year ($8M) but will be due for a very large raise as a 28-year-old in the Summer of '17.

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:

https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/733079407607353345

WOW!
Perfect. We have a mole on the inside to help get the Brandon Knight for Jose Calderon/Jerian Grant/Kyle O'Quinn deal done.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote: I can't believe they haven't fired Demps. He's been a trainwreck as a GM.
You were in a huge rush to get Monty Williams out the door, and that certainly didn't help things one bit.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote: I can't believe they haven't fired Demps. He's been a trainwreck as a GM.
You were in a huge rush to get Monty Williams out the door, and that certainly didn't help things one bit.
Monty was awful. He had to go. Davis would routinely go the entire last 5 minutes of games without touching the ball. It was ridiculous. Sadly, Gentry hasn't performed as I thought he would. I'm not sure how the 2 are connected though. Demps has made crap move after crap move.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!