NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:Seriously though it's hard to watch the game and not seriously consider drafting Buddy Hield. You absolutely would have to move Knight but having a shooter of Hield and Booker's caliber on the roster with a defensive PG in Bledsoe could transform this team.
This is exactly what I've thought since March. Outside of Ingram and Simmons, Hield is the BPA and a Bledsoe-Hield-Booker lineup would be better than anything we've had in recent memory.

If we can't trade #4 plus anyone besides Booker for a true #1 guy then just take Hield and find a place to deal Knight.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There is 3 players I'm OK with us drafting, assuming Simmons and Ingram go in the top 3. Those 3 are Buddy Hield, Marqueese Chriss, and Dragan Bender. I'd absolutely love to package knight with 13 to move up and snag 2 of the 3.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

the NBA has the WORST officials in any sport, Durant was getting held, hit, and pushed the entire game, Draymond Green is the new Vlade Divac, starting to really hate him.

The officials and Westbrook won that game for the Warriors. Klay and Curry are amazing shooters, but OKC should have won that game.
~~~~~

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Thunder couldn't close it out. One of your set plays is a 3 for Ibaka? Really? And then with 40 seconds left and down by 7, OKC had a chance to foul and extend the game but half the team just stopped playing. Looked like there was confusion as to whether or not they wanted to foul and that led to the Curry dagger.

On a different note, I loved Draymond coming out of college and thought he was a hell of a player - still do. But I don't like when guys make it and start to lose their minds and act out and he's been doing just that. He wasn't playing this way at MSU, don't recall these incidents his first year or so in the league. Kinda similar to the M****s Bros. They make it to the league, prove themselves, get their money, and then start acting out. I've lost some respect for Green in that sense.

Now we'll see if the Ws have anything left for the Cavs. My biggest fear was the Ws and Thunder killing each other while the Cavs sit back and wait and that's what's happened. Too bad the East sucks.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Too much shooting in the second half for OKC to handle. I think that when Curry and Thompson got it going in the third it put too much pressure on OKC offense to try and keep up with their threes. Which lead to more hero ball from Westbrook and Durant. Not that I blame them, Ibaka was the only one who made some shots from the rest of the roster. Roberson who was fine offensively for most of the series was cold.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Westbrook game 7: 7-21 FG, 2-6 3pt, 19 points, +/- of -19.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:Modern NBA basketball. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, it's pretty special. No other team runs so much offense behind the line, and no other team demands such attention from defenders behind the line.

It would be a mistake to try to imitate them with lesser players. That's how you end up with Brandon Knight.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Interesting video from Bball Breakdown about Russell Westbrook and how he coasted on defense, leaving Curry open many times in Game 6.

[youtube][/youtube]

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Thanks, Marty.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan