NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by TOO »

Pretty bummed that OKC blew it. GSW probably rolls in game 7 at home. Now I'll be stuck rooting for the Cavs. Ugh.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. What an amazing and gritty win for the champs. Curry still doesn't look like he's 100%, but he left everything on the floor. Klay was the best player on the floor and had a dominant performance. I loooooooved the way that Russell Westbrook basically blew the game for them by hogging the ball and chucking up bad shots. Durant also had a very poor shooting night. Excellent.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

[streamable][/streamable]

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

[streamable][/streamable]

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Klay's 11 3s:

[youtube][/youtube]

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Thunder made three 3-pointers (9 points).

The Warriors made 21 (63 points).

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

As much as I want OKC to win the series, simply to create a new team from the West, I hate Westbrook. He's an amazing talent but a little slimeball when they interview him. He was asked about Curry's defense after GSW won game 5 and he literally started laughing into the mic for several seconds and acting like a child. Tremendous talent with a level of ego that falls into disrespectful.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

AmareIsGod wrote:As much as I want OKC to win the series, simply to create a new team from the West, I hate Westbrook. He's an amazing talent but a little slimeball when they interview him. He was asked about Curry's defense after GSW won game 5 and he literally started laughing into the mic for several seconds and acting like a child. Tremendous talent with a level of ego that falls into disrespectful.
I agree about Westbrook. He's the Kobe of point guards. He is very talented, but IMHO he holds back his team a little bit with his selfish play and a lot with his ego.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I also don't like Westbrook but I seriously doubt he's holding okc back.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Well, the same way Kobe held the Lakers back to win five titles. I wish somebody would hold the Suns back that way.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He brings a lot of things to the table, but he also takes a lot of things off it.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Westbrook is freaking amazing. End of story. I don't subscribe to every Bill Simmons theory, but he's pretty on point with his "90/10" assessment of Westbrook. People love to focus on the 10% (the things he takes off the table) with Westbrook without properly appreciating the 90% (what he bring to the table).

carey

Re: RE: Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:Westbrook is freaking amazing. End of story. I don't subscribe to every Bill Simmons theory, but he's pretty on point with his "90/10" assessment of Westbrook. People love to focus on the 10% (the things he takes off the table) with Westbrook without properly appreciating the 90% (what he bring to the table).
He is 90% asshole. So I focus on that. He does donate his outfits to charity but I'm not sure how practical that is considering what he wears. Starving supermodels maybe?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Re: RE: Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Westbrook is freaking amazing. End of story. I don't subscribe to every Bill Simmons theory, but he's pretty on point with his "90/10" assessment of Westbrook. People love to focus on the 10% (the things he takes off the table) with Westbrook without properly appreciating the 90% (what he bring to the table).
He is 90% asshole. So I focus on that. He does donate his outfits to charity but I'm not sure how practical that is considering what he wears. Starving supermodels maybe?
I'm just talking about between the lines.

carey

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote: I'm just talking about between the lines.
I don't know if you have noticed from my previous posts around here, but I have an extremely hard time separating the athlete from the person (the art from the artist if you will.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:
Shabazz wrote: I'm just talking about between the lines.
I don't know if you have noticed from my previous posts around here, but I have an extremely hard time separating the athlete from the person (the art from the artist if you will.)
Agree. Westbrook is a great player. However, he's an asshole. Always has been. It makes it hard, in turn, for me to root for him and the teams he plays for.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

I had my doubts the Dubs could do it, but not enough to bet any money that they couldn't, if you know what I mean.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Warriors win it with only 20 2 point fg's made and only 5 ft's made. 45 points inside the line and 51 outside. Holy cow.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

Modern NBA basketball. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Seriously though it's hard to watch the game and not seriously consider drafting Buddy Hield. You absolutely would have to move Knight but having a shooter of Hield and Booker's caliber on the roster with a defensive PG in Bledsoe could transform this team. We absolutely would need to do something about the PF position and with Chriss likely gone now before #13... I'd say Deyonta Davis or Ellenson. What could we realistically get for Knight? Maybe a Knight/Tucker/Future 1st trade.

Bledsoe/?
Booker/Hield
Warren/Bembry
Ellenson/(Qi or Maker)
Len/Chandler

Still a lot of question marks there but could be a positive step forward in clearing the roster of superfluous players.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!