NBA Finals discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: NBA Finals discussion

Post by SDC »

that was a costly nut-shot by draymond. tried to make up for it with great performance in game 7 but it didnt work.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

INFORMER wrote:
Gladiator wrote:I'm no LeBron fan but that was an unbelievable performance from him in the Finals
Are you referring to the series or just Game 7?
The series. Irving obviously had some massive games but if felt like LeBron willed them to victory from a really precarious position

SDC

Post by SDC »

remember when richard jefferson was the MVP of the suns spurs series in 2010?

SDC

Post by SDC »

i think CLE should trade love for all of boston's #1 picks this year.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Suck it Dubs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wow, draymond and Iggy showed up and that was it for warriors. Give credit to Cleveland for their D on Steph and klay, but both just didn't have it tonight.

Still could have won the game, but putting ezeli in was the back breaker. 6 points on back to back plays in that pick and roll with ezeli switching on to LeBron. I think warriors missed bogut more than I realized. All their bigs were bad tonight.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote: Still could have won the game, but putting ezeli in was the back breaker.
Steph going 6-19 didn't help.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Split T wrote: Still could have won the game, but putting ezeli in was the back breaker.
You're right, it's unfair to blame ezeli, just seemed like a strange move. But they didn't really have any other options off the bench. Varejao and speights weren't any better.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

INFORMER wrote:
Steph's careless turnover in the last (errant behind the back pass) also didn't help

SDC

Post by SDC »

what's with steph and the behind the back pass? he also made an almost costly turnover in game 4 with behind the back stuff.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I deeply dislike Lebron and all the circa around him, but I have to recognize that he really played as the best on earth. Truly deserved championship, no referees here to blame, not "Warriors' bad night", but a real MVP performance, following games 5 & 6 as well. Congratulations Lebron.

Split T

Post by Split T »

LeBron in the finals was the best I've seen him play since he came back to Cleveland.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Congratulations to the city of Cleveland for their first NBA championship! As a lifelong Suns fan, I can only imagine.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ty Lue > David Blatt

RJ - Spurs Goat in 2010, now key contributor in 2016

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:Congratulations to the city of Cleveland for their first NBA championship! As a lifelong Suns fan, I can only imagine.
For sure. Good for the fans. I'll be 92 before the Suns win a Championship.

Not a Lebron fan but, he led his team to victory and was the man. He had lots of help. Some other guys really stepped up. Irving and Thompson especially. Also Love went back to rebounding and Smith and Jefferson played well.

Barbosa had a strong series for the Warriors and Channing Frye's ass was sore from riding the pine.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thursday 7pm?

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

There's no way in hell I thought Golden State would lose game 7 on "their" floor. I didn't see it coming.

Congrats to Cleveland and to Lebron for fulfilling a promise. That was a CLASSIC GAME 7 !

I'm still in shock !
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

If you're GSW you have to be embarrassed a little. You trailed 1-3 against OKC and then won 3 straight games to claim the series. You "lead" 3-1 against CLE and then LOSE 3 consecutive games to lose the title.

My question is, did Golden State look ahead and think Cleveland would just fold ? I give Cleveland credit but I also think the Warriors let their guard down a little.

CONGRATS, CAVS !!
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Cap

Post by Cap »

If you didn't know Steph Curry, and you just saw the end of that game, you'd think that Curry guy is an idiot. The behind-the-back pass out of bounds, the contested 26-footer with plenty of time that didn't draw iron... I guess the end of Game 7 of the NBA Finals is a great time for hero ball if you pull it off, but if you don't it just looks stupid.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Moral of the story, you dont call LeBron James a bitch. Never poke the bear. Good for Cleveland, but I'm of the anyone but Golden State attitude. Screw them and their ridiculous cocky attitude and gross bandwagon fans.