Game Day (SL): Heat (1-1) @ Suns (2-0), Tues 7/12/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Game Day (SL): Heat (1-1) @ Suns (2-0), Tues 7/12/16

Post by Superbone »

Time: 3:30 pm AZ (3:30 pm PT / 6:30 pm ET)
Place: Thomas And Mack Center, Las Vegas, NV
TV: NBATV

The Summer Suns take on the Summer Heat Tuesday afternoon in Las Vegas. Should be a good one. Our interior guys have their work cut out for them. Booker might be the difference if he plays.

Go Summer Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Re: Game Day (SL): Heat (1-1) @ Suns (2-0), Tues 7/12/16

Post by carey »

There is no Summer heat without the Summer sun, damnit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Justin Winslow and Josh Richardson are on the Heat squad, but have not played in the first two games.

Let's see if Bender has his focus and energy back. Let's see if Chriss can keep up his effort on the boards. I would love to see a lot of Kuric today.

Go Big Sauce!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kind of don't want Booker to play, but I doubt we can win without him. Nobody else on the roster seems to have the scoring talent needed to carry a team at this point in their careers. Still interested to watch Ulis lead the offense and see what the two young stud forwards can bring today.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Kind of don't want Booker to play, but I doubt we can win without him. Nobody else on the roster seems to have the scoring talent needed to carry a team at this point in their careers. Still interested to watch Ulis lead the offense and see what the two young stud forwards can bring today.
I kind of doubt that Winslow or Richardson play in this game, and no one on the Heat squad scares me. The summer Suns should be able to handle the summer Heat.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Kind of don't want Booker to play, but I doubt we can win without him. Nobody else on the roster seems to have the scoring talent needed to carry a team at this point in their careers. Still interested to watch Ulis lead the offense and see what the two young stud forwards can bring today.
Booker should not play. I want to see Ulis get others involved besides Booker. I want Bender to be more central to the offense. Booker dominated the offense in the first two games. The wins are nice, the player development is essential.

BTW. I haven't said enough about Alan Williams. He is just a beast. He is playing very well on this team. He is a rebounder and is controlling the key. I like having him on our regular roster. Love watching his enthusiasm as he plays.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Booker should not play. I want to see Ulis get others involved besides Booker. I want Bender to be more central to the offense. Booker dominated the offense in the first two games. The wins are nice, the player development is essential.

BTW. I haven't said enough about Alan Williams. He is just a beast. He is playing very well on this team. He is a rebounder and is controlling the key. I like having him on our regular roster. Love watching his enthusiasm as he plays.
Yeah, he's worked on his body too, looking better and moving better.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:

I agree that I'd rather Booker not play. Ulis, Williams, Kuric, and Brown have all played and shot well and deserve the chance to show more. Bender and Chriss have both shot poorly. Do they get more responsibility too?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm also on the Big Sauce train , really will like him on the roster. He always seemed willing to battle in his limited appearances last season and the fact the slimmed down showed that he is willing to put in the work and stick in the league (hopefully with us). He is not a leaper but his presence sure been felt in the paint these first two games and next to Ulis my favourite thing so far has been the intensity on D , almost seems like there is a No-Layups rule at practice or something. The guards are really up into their guys and the paint closes up real quick on most drives been some bogus fouls on Bender's rim protection but as I said I like the D and the bench is all into it
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

EDC

Post by EDC »

There are youtube links in there if anyone needs a way to watch the game.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Guys like Alan Williams are a dime a dozen unfortunately. 6-8 250-270 PF/Cs that bounce around and look good in SLs but never really stick. That said, he's a guy I'd like to see be kept around to go to work in practice, maybe play some spot minutes if/when teams go small. He's a "young vet" having played all 4 years in college and then a year in China so he's maybe another guy to help the 18-19 yr olds along. Plus, he's a local guy. Why not make him a Haslem type and keep him around?

EDC

Post by EDC »

Double OT on the Portland/Utah game. At least it is only a 2 minute OT.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Sudden death OT is :cool:.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Oh never mind. It was sudden death OT. Never seen that before.

EDC

Post by EDC »

That guy had no hesitation with the Curry range three for the win.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

ShelC wrote:Guys like Alan Williams are a dime a dozen unfortunately. 6-8 250-270 PF/Cs that bounce around and look good in SLs but never really stick. That said, he's a guy I'd like to see be kept around to go to work in practice, maybe play some spot minutes if/when teams go small. He's a "young vet" having played all 4 years in college and then a year in China so he's maybe another guy to help the 18-19 yr olds along. Plus, he's a local guy. Why not make him a Haslem type and keep him around?

You're generally right.

But guys with a high work rate and dedication to the game can catch on and flourish.
Remember Chuck Hayes who played for the Rockets?
He was about 6-6 and 240-50, and often played center.
Positioning, footwork, strength and drive can translate into a regular roster spot.

Williams once weighed around 320 in college.
After his coach read him the riot act and Williams got his act in gear, he dropped about 50 pounds.
And I hear that he's trimmed another 10 or so from when he reported to the Suns last year.
He's still strong as an ox, though, so the weight loss has only made him quicker.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:Guys like Alan Williams are a dime a dozen unfortunately. 6-8 250-270 PF/Cs that bounce around and look good in SLs but never really stick. That said, he's a guy I'd like to see be kept around to go to work in practice, maybe play some spot minutes if/when teams go small. He's a "young vet" having played all 4 years in college and then a year in China so he's maybe another guy to help the 18-19 yr olds along. Plus, he's a local guy. Why not make him a Haslem type and keep him around?
Every team has players on the end of the bench. Might as well be a guy who plays tough and is a good teammate even when he isn't playing.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Ulis was trailing his guy so Bender just steps up and stops the point guard. The flexibility this kid offers is going to be really good.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The announcers have been an absolute trainwreck to start this game. People tune in to watch basketball and get information o the teams and players not hear about Isiah Thomas talk about jordan shoes while Rick Kamla fake laughs. man...have they said 1 thing about anyone on the court since the game has started?
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Cap

Post by Cap »

"electric backcourt"?