Rumor: Bledsoe/Bosh swap

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Rumor: Bledsoe/Bosh swap

Post by Indy »

Not sure this is a reputable reference, but I have seen it a few places now.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3496814/nba-tr ... dsoe-heat/
The drama between the Miami Heat and Chris Bosh has been ongoing for the better part of two years. NBA trade rumors are hovering around Bosh as the Heat ponder their options in an attempt to resolve the standoff between the team and their star big man.
According to iSports Times, the Heat and Suns are considering a deal that would send Bosh to Phoenix in exchange for Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe. NBA trade rumors involving Bosh have gained steam in recent days, but Bledsoe has also been mentioned in the off-season trade rumor mill, so it appears that both teams are open to a deal.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/3496814/nba-tr ... Gekw4Vc.99

Hermen

Re: Rumor: Bledsoe/Bosh swap

Post by Hermen »

I see little reason to do this for either team honestly. Doesn't Miami have enough guards? And Bosh has major health issues, isn't it questionable if he will even play again?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Seems like clickbait to me. Not sure the Heat would want Bledsoe when they have Dragic and can let him play his game with Wade out of there. And I doubt we'd want Bosh and his health issues, especially when we have two 4s we need to groom and develop.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Why would the Suns want Bosh? His career is virtually over and he makes huge money.

carey

Post by carey »

Don't see it. However, it would be hilarious if Dragic were saddled with playing next to Bledsoe for 3 more years.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't understand that rumor at all. Would it be so that we could let Bosh retire and get cap space? And why would Miami even want Bledsoe given that they have Dragic signed for big money? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

TOO

Post by TOO »

After Bledsoe going full good guy ambassador type and spending the off-season in Phoenix, no way they move him. Zero chance imo.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

m1chal

Post by m1chal »

It doesn't make any sense

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

inquisitr.com seems to have a lot of bullshit rumors, so I wouldn't put much stock in it.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Elsewhere this rumor is Bled and Bender for Bosh. Do people think we exist just to help other teams?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, like I said, I saw it on a few different sites, so I figured I would post it. I agree that there is almost no way the Suns trade Bledsoe after everything he did this summer. But it would be pretty funny to see him and Goran on the same court again.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Maybe we could get Dragic, Bosh and parts back? :D :D

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

P219 -- never thought that you might come around to the idea that the Marion trade was all right. I agree that Shaq was tragically mis-used. Those three games before Amare went out with the eye injury were simply spectacular.

No way the Suns give up an asset (Bledsoe) for a giant contract that may or may not be able to play (Bosh) unless sweeteners were thrown in. Alas -- the Suns already own all of the Heat's picks that they can give up for the foreseeable future.

The only trade that might remotely make any sense is to swap Bledsoe, Chandler and filler for Bosh and Dragic plus a future first rounder if and only if the Suns are convinced that Bledsoe's knees are done.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

virtual9mm wrote:P219 -- never thought that you might come around to the idea that the Marion trade was all right. I agree that Shaq was tragically mis-used. Those three games before Amare went out with the eye injury were simply spectacular.

No way the Suns give up an asset (Bledsoe) for a giant contract that may or may not be able to play (Bosh) unless sweeteners were thrown in. Alas -- the Suns already own all of the Heat's picks that they can give up for the foreseeable future.

The only trade that might remotely make any sense is to swap Bledsoe, Chandler and filler for Bosh and Dragic plus a future first rounder if and only if the Suns are convinced that Bledsoe's knees are done.
I don't - I honestly would have preferred to see Marion and his defense next to Shaq, if we are going with pure what ifs and experimentation - or Marion next to KG, instead of the attempted trade of Marion FOR KG. Amare's defense was the weak link, but I have never doubted the explosive power of the Nash/Amare connection. I may not have chosen the Marion trade, but once we blew up the team for Shaq, I feel that we owed it to ourselves to put the pieces is the best possible place and find out if it was WORTH the trade - plus Grant Hill was quite a good Marion replacement, when healthy - that first half season of Shaq, when Duncan hit the 3 pointer, Hill was also hobbled in the post season. We immediately enter the next year with wrong offensive schemes and coaching. We never once had Nash, Hill, Amare and Shaq healthy AND playing 7SOL at the same time - and we all saw what Gentry did with us in 2010. We will never know what the right combinations could have done. All we have is a 3 game sample.... with absolutely record shattering offensive potency.

I would be quite happy with your proposed trade, by the way....

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I don't feel that Marion-Shaq pairing, but the Marion-KG one was all over my head when the rumor just came up. I was like "I would like a Marion-KG front court better, Suns would have a defensive nightmare frontcourt overnight!!!

They would have taken a KG-Amare swap without hesitation, maybe even put some little extra chips on the table to make it happen. Out of Boston, Minnesota and us, we were the least desperate team.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Marion/Diaw at PF, Shaq at C would have been the idea, I guess.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I wouldn't do any trade that helps the Heat at all. I have high hopes for those picks.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

O_Gardino wrote:I wouldn't do any trade that helps the Heat at all. I have high hopes for those picks.
This. Plus, fuck Goran, he can rot in Miami. Overrated pud.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Phoenix219 wrote: I don't - I honestly would have preferred to see Marion and his defense next to Shaq, if we are going with pure what ifs and experimentation - or Marion next to KG, instead of the attempted trade of Marion FOR KG. Amare's defense was the weak link, but I have never doubted the explosive power of the Nash/Amare connection. I may not have chosen the Marion trade, but once we blew up the team for Shaq, I feel that we owed it to ourselves to put the pieces is the best possible place and find out if it was WORTH the trade - plus Grant Hill was quite a good Marion replacement, when healthy - that first half season of Shaq, when Duncan hit the 3 pointer, Hill was also hobbled in the post season. We immediately enter the next year with wrong offensive schemes and coaching. We never once had Nash, Hill, Amare and Shaq healthy AND playing 7SOL at the same time - and we all saw what Gentry did with us in 2010. We will never know what the right combinations could have done. All we have is a 3 game sample.... with absolutely record shattering offensive potency.

I would be quite happy with your proposed trade, by the way....
I can buy into this statement, although I think that we forget how awesome the Nash-Amare pick and roll was. Building the offense around these two, plus KG at CENTER with Bell and SG and a 3 and D kind of player at SF would have been absolutely devastating. Without the Nash-Amare pick and roll, I don't think that SSOL could have worked. Indeed, the only way GSW works is because Curry is just a freak who can shoot over anyone from anywhere.
O_Gardino wrote:I wouldn't do any trade that helps the Heat at all. I have high hopes for those picks.
So do I. But giving them a gimpy Bledsoe would not move the needle. Do it only if Bledsoe's really finished, and I suspect that he'll be back with a vengence this year.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can buy into this statement, although I think that we forget how awesome the Nash-Amare pick and roll was. Building the offense around these two, plus KG at CENTER with Bell and SG and a 3 and D kind of player at SF would have been absolutely devastating. Without the Nash-Amare pick and roll, I don't think that SSOL could have worked. Indeed, the only way GSW works is because Curry is just a freak who can shoot over anyone from anywhere.
I actually think that lineup doesn't have enough shooting.

Nash-Bell-?-Amare-KG

Both Amare and KG can't shoot 3s and so it wouldn't have worked perfectly for Mike D.