Around the League: May 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Captain Marv-el

Re: Around the League: May 2014

Post by Captain Marv-el »

But the league was young then

the suns were a EXPANSION TEAM then

Jerry didnt have 45 years or so to watch how to run the team

I been watchin them since 88 when i was 3 years old & I tell you this because I been lurking this board far before it was with a hypen, back when I wasnt Able to register!
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Captain Marv-el wrote:But the league was young then

the suns were a EXPANSION TEAM then

Jerry didnt have 45 years or so to watch how to run the team

I been watchin them since 88 when i was 3 years old & I tell you this because I been lurking this board far before it was with a hypen, back when I wasnt Able to register!
I think Bobster and myself have about 13 years on you of watching Suns basketball.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Captain Marv-el

Love is all there is and Archie is still gonna be the future, so lay off him and lay of us cause were just growing up with chips on our sholders and elders who dont really usually get the picture (there are some and they tend to be younger and they dont Rush to judgement without hearing out a story)
From page 26

Elders

my DAD is something like double that, and I still dont really go by your count cause grandpappy didnt want to teach mine how to count so he had to leave Alabama at 14 , but if this is about basketball, my respects to you who been on the land a bit longer since

or my reguards to who you lovingly call 'Bobster' but when I think of BOB i think of that place that used to be called Bank One Ball Park that Jerry used to run

Cheers to him bringing back to town the Olympics so the world can see, In all honesty, How the People of Phoenix are able to respect each others differences and work to achive a greater gold

Blessings to you all and I hope you all hold in your hearts a good day
$HAϟAM

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

You can pick apart anyone's record when you use hindsight.

Drafting Stretch Howard instead of Jim McMillan. Trading away Goodrich, Silas, DJ, Clem Haskins and Dick Snyder were all criticized at the time, and with good reason. On the other hand there was Gregor for Silas, Scott for Westphal, Walk for Curtis Perry & a #1, drafting Adams & Sobers, selecting Van Arsdale & Goodrich in the expansion draft, drafting Larry Nance late in the first round, trading Nance and Mike Sanders for KJ, West, Corbin & a #1 (Majerle).

Jerry was name Executive of the Year 4 times for a reason - he was one of the best in the league at it. But all executives make mistakes. D'Antoni, Kerr & Blanks made more than their share (and Sarver and Babby are culpable for some of them too), but hopefully Sarver has learned something through the experience and he'll let McDonough make the personnel moves unencumbered.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Captain Marv-el

Captain Marv-el wrote:
... and I still dont really go by your count cause grandpappy didnt want to teach mine how to count so he had to leave Alabama at 14 ,

(read a comic book)

SHAZAM
Last edited by Captain Marv-el on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

[quote="The Bobster" Scott for Westphal, selecting Van Arsdale & Goodrich in the expansion draft, drafting Larry Nance late in the first round, trading Nance and Mike Sanders for KJ, West, Corbin & a #1 (Majerle).
[/quote]

we will never agree on those

Westphal led the suns to the finals in a era when JORDAN MADE THE F**KING RULES, Dan well, I wish they traded him instead of jeff, NOW HE DID A HELL OF ALOT BETTER JOB THEN TOM LEANDER

I LIKE TOM

CHAMBERS
Last edited by Captain Marv-el on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

al the EMCEE , the MASTER OF CERIMONIES of all the WISDOM oF SOLOMON?

ALL THE POWERFUL STRENGTH OF HERCULES?

ALL THE STAMINA OF ATLAS!!!?

ALL THE POWER OF ZEUS CALLA!!!!

ALL THE COURAGE OF ACHILLIES ?????

ALL THE MESSAGING OF THE M.I.C. OF MERCURY TO THE POINT WE GOT A TEAM CALLed THE MERCURY

CANT KEEP A TV FLIPPIN GORILLA JOB IN ARIZONA? THE AL CAN GET BUT ON SOME AM RADIO? DO I NEED TO TALK ABOUT AGEISM ??

THE MAN CAN DO THE JOB AND HE WANTS TO DO THE JOB AND HES CALLIN THE GODS FOR THE WIN

GTFO OF HIS WAY
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

& KINGDOME COME

$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

Suns fans do yourself a favor and search "YOUTUBE" for AL McCoy saying SHAZAM

Notice how its not there

Yes, I am a Conspiricy Theorist
$HAϟAM

Captain Marv-el

I like the more evolved book, I can see the gods talk to me

I dont like Jay-Z or Kanye Bragging from Brooklyn Netting bullshit from Chi-"Town"

I like Gilbert cause we dont like Walmart

I love my people cause they are up front and real

and are smart enough to know to pray and just try to be peaceful or better

even KJ still loves Phoenix and gets love from here to sacramento

I dont think this place is really racist like AK saw

I think it cursed

we need a win

because the WORLD LOOKS AT US AS LOSERS
$HAϟAM

TOO

Post by TOO »

I really dont understand what youre rambling on about. Not trying to be a dick, just dont get it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Captain Marv-el wrote:
Captain Marv-el wrote:
... and I still dont really go by your count cause grandpappy didnt want to teach mine how to count so he had to leave Alabama at 14 ,
I am sorry, My f**king mouth talks to much SOMETIMES, I am bothered

I miss my kids alot

I work hard

my bad Superbone

, it was a bit raw of me to come at you with that emotion

that was dickish

I dont know you personally and if I didnt have good friends from around the 480 I might become that angry black man that everyone hates

I might just do it for fun tho

Black Adam aint that mean to me (read a comic book)

SHAZAM :twisted:
PEACE
I have no idea what you're talking about so your dickishness was missed by me.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I really dont understand what youre rambling on about. Not trying to be a dick, just dont get it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate."
- Cool Hand Luke

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I really dont understand what youre rambling on about. Not trying to be a dick, just dont get it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate."
- Cool Hand Luke
So, I'm not "lost in translation" by myself with this guy?

Trying to be polite, but I have say it, it looked like a drunk-typing spree. Please pick one hobbie at once, man. :lol:
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i miss cap. is he still around? tony?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Have you seen Kevin Love is visiting Boston? He is not allowed to speak about anything basketball related, but there is a picture of him supposedly at a Celtics office shaking hands with Rajon Rondo.

Unleash the speculation!!!

TOO

Post by TOO »

He was apparently enamored with Bostons history, Larry Bird especially. He's supposed to speak with other for UCLA guys that played in Boston. They've got some pieces to get Love, but they aren't Kevin Love away from contending.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:He was apparently enamored with Bostons history, Larry Bird especially. He's supposed to speak with other for UCLA guys that played in Boston. They've got some pieces to get Love, but they aren't Kevin Love away from contending.
Yes, Love alone won't make them contenders, but he'd be a hell of a first step. If the C's can save enough assets and flexibility to make further moves, they'd be a ECF team with a decent chance at the finals depending on what happens with the Heat the next couple of seasons. And even if they only became a playoff caliber team, you pull the trigger. Love for #6 and not-everything-else is a no-brainer, especially if the player indeed likes the franchise and its history/culture, which is as close as it can get at the moment from a commitment.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why would he want to play there? They have almost no talent and not a particularly bright future. I also don't really see how they could possibly trade to get him. What assets do they have? I guess they have some high picks, but do they have anything to package with them? Rondo? (Wolves don't want or need Rondo anyway.) Sullinger? Jeff Green? Kelly Olynyk? No thanks.

I think Love just enjoys the idea that for once in his career he might actually be the center of attention. He's going to do a Melo/Lebron-esque dance with several teams and bask in their love for a while.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

They can trade for him, don't doubt it.

#6 and 17 in 2014.
Clippers pick in 2015.
Brooklyn 2016 and 2018 and rights to swap in 2017.
All their own picks.
Two young big men in Olynyk and Sullinger, who are probably comparable to Kieff value wise, at least the latter.
Enough flexibility to make further moves, which is always a factor when trading for superstars.

Nobody can make a better offer without commiting franchise suicide, unless you consider giving up parts of a core of the future, like say a Bradley Beal.

As for why would Love want to play there, nobody can tell, but it is a good franchise and it is in the East, and I guess this has to matter to a player who has yet to sniff a playoff game.